Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I'll see it another Avalanche Grey 350 before ordering :p

I HIGHLY doubt they'll bring a noticeable difference to brake cooling. I could be wrong but something tells me a $150 plastic add-on will have a noticeable cooling effect.
Think you contradicting yourself here ? :crackup:
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I just posted a thread on these so sorry about that, didn't notice this one as I was very excited when I saw them and snap posted a thread for opinions.
Anyways I think they look sweet on the 350. Was wondering how hard or easy install would be? Does the splitter need to come off or just a jack up and rivet in? Anyone ??

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Think you contradicting yourself here ? :crackup:
For aesthetic purposes, I like them. I do not believe they'll be very functional though. The ducting just doesn't appear to serve any functional purpose.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
For aesthetic purposes, I like them. I do not believe they'll be very functional though. The ducting just doesn't appear to serve any functional purpose.
I know what you meant dude I was just breaking your balls if you reread your post I first quoted. You just worded it wrong and was giving you a hard time , lol ----
But yea I think they look great - probably picking a pair up and if I Don't like them ' oh well i've wasted much more money on one river call a million times lol.......

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know what you meant dude I was just breaking your balls if you reread your post I first quoted. You just worded it wrong and was giving you a hard time , lol ----
But yea I think they look great - probably picking a pair up and if I Don't like them ' oh well i've wasted much more money on one river call a million times lol.......
All good.

I understand there's a lot of research and development that goes into these products but paying $150 for a piece of plastic is still tough for me, no matter the circumstance.

I'm definitely interested to see other members thoughts on the product.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
My driveway would eat it, but I do like it. I scrape the splitter already. Looks like this will make you lose another inch or more of clearance.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Someone with real knowledge of aero needs to comment on what the gizmo's are supposed to do. From the look of it, they'll make a really cool spray pattern over the car in a heavy rain, but they're kinda narrow looking to be significant sources of downforce. Maybe Ford stuck them on the show car just for fun :clap:
The front splitter on these cars works by trapping air between the nose and an available escape path. As the air hits the front bumper it can go one of 5 ways. Through the radiator opening, up and over the hood, to the left or to the right around the bumper, or down. The air that is directed downwards exerts a force upon the splitter that reduced lift or at high enough speeds provides actual downforce. The purpose of fencing or gating on the side of a splitter like this is to help increase the amount of air moving in the downward direction by making it harder for air to escape down the right or left side of the splitter/bumper without exerting that downward force. This will increase drag as it's restricting airflow, but you're trading drag for downforce here and with 700+hp that drag won't be as noticeable as the extra downforce.

Decent overview here:

https://robrobinette.com/S2000Aerodynamics.htm

You can see the large flat red pressure spike on the bottom half of the photo from the pressure being applied to the splitter. Now he goes a little into splitter dams which are similar in location only. Splitter dams are there to reduce drag. This is not the same as a splitter fence which, as the name implies, is trying to trap the air in a location to extract work out of it.
CFD_Airdam_Splitter_Pressure.jpg

I for one would welcome a 1 piece full length splitter with the fencing included as this would really get you the best results. The closest one I've seen so far is the one from powerstream industries that only fits the factory R splitter.

power stream splitter.PNG

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
On my ZL1 1LE the front canards stick out and up to the sides of the car in a similar fashion.

They are meant to redirect air around the front tires (which stick out from the body). They also direct the air towards the back of the car in a way in which the big wing in the back of the car uses it to create more downforce.

I would assume the new GT500 is using them for a similar reason.

I doubt these are engineered to this extent. But I like them. I agree that there is a some business with the 350R splitter.

If I end up getting a 350R I’ll probably throw these on.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Looking again, it does seem that they would definitely help move oncoming air away from the front of the tire and over it, a typically rough turbulence zone. And I'm starting to kinda like it.....
I agree with you. There should be slats or cut outs to allow air flow to go through.....

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just posted a thread on these so sorry about that, didn't notice this one as I was very excited when I saw them and snap posted a thread for opinions.
Anyways I think they look sweet on the 350. Was wondering how hard or easy install would be? Does the splitter need to come off or just a jack up and rivet in? Anyone ??
Piece of cake:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I think it looks tough. Gonna be hard to resist on my black car.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That amount of movement at 2:13...not that I'm saying they're cheap or not well made but I would have to think the OEM GT500 application is going to be much sturdier. Definitely a limit to the mounting point, not the piece itself. To make a clean air profile, things can't be wobbling around. Very few exceptions such as the 458 Italia which had front splitters specifically designed to move as air pressure increased.