Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
To be fair, I have heard reports of the factory GT350R splitter coming off above 160.
Exactly my point. And the splitter is held in place with many screws, clips, and fasteners.
Not just 3 screws and 1 push pin.

Not to mention the winglets are forward facing vertical and horizontal.
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Tell me man and not trying to be a smart ass. Why does one lower a car that is extremely low already?
Well, because FP offered these as a performance handling upgrade solution to both the R and non R model 350’s, which adds better handling, according to Ford and others who have it installed. I am always one to eek out the last bit of handling performance, especially, when it is this easy. I had a z06 with the Corvette T1 Racing suspension and it was very low...would not add any thing to that either. Of course the handling and profile of the Z06 are different, yet, the concept is the same, improved handling. When I started beating up GT3s at Hockenheim, Germany raceway I knew the handling was a significant additive to that feat. The Shelby is a pig compared to the Z06, but I love it, and if I can ratchet up the performance in any parameter, with factory parts, like I did with the Z06, that to me is a no brainer for my goals. Each of us have their own opinions and experiences....mine were formed while living in Germany and running around Nurburgring and Hockenheim Ring and cruising the autobahn. The Shelby is no Z06, but what it does have, I like anyway. Adding the FP springs and sway bars just adds that extra level of handling that I am usd to, compared to my Z06.

So, as a wrap up, we already have to be cautious and careful with the low stance of the 350/R, lowering the car makes you more cautious when driving, adding these things to an already lowered car, is asking for trouble in my opinion. More so than just low profile tires and lowering springs. Don’t worry, did not interpret your statement as smart ass, just inquisitive. Happy cruising.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Tell me man and not trying to be a smart ass. Why does one lower a car that is extremely low already?
This car may be extremely low compared to a Camry, but there are plenty of other sports cars that are lower than this car. Just put on my Ford Racing springs and swaybar kit yesterday.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
This car may be extremely low compared to a Camry, but there are plenty of other sports cars that are lower than this car. Just put on my Ford Racing springs and swaybar kit yesterday.
So, what are your initial impressions? Did you notice any tighter turn in when making high speed off ramp or on-ramp runs, safely of course

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
My same thought as well.
I for one don’t care for anything zl1 add ons makes, same goes for shitTech.
People can say the zl1 add ons winglets will be ok and not come off, but let’s see someone go 160 mph + and report back.
Sure the bottom will survive being that it’s bolted in three spots on the bottom. But I’m not keen on the top single “push pin”
Scott? I was wondering if you ever found an alter ego. lol

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Scott? I was wondering if you ever found an alter ego. lol
Are you offering? Lol. Still looking.

I’m sorry but I find it wrong to support a company (ShitTech) that,
1) steals others ideas by copying them and makes it at a lower cheaper quality and takes credit for designing it.
2) has a scum bag partner that rips people off and doesn’t stand behind what he sells.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Can you post a picture ? Curious to see the difference.
I don't want this thread to get too off topic since it's about the dive planes, but here you go. This is on 19x11 ET50 wheels and 305/30/19 Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. There are a few threads talking about everyone's experience with the lowering springs.

full.jpg

Are you on stock GT350 profile size 35 series opposed to R 30 series profile? .
I swap back and forth between the OEM wheels and 35 series tires and a set of 19x11 wheels on 30 series Sport Cup 2's. I have to be more careful while running the cup 2's but it's not that bad. The only times I really have to take it easy is getting in and out of driveways and parking lots. On the street, I haven't changed my driving manners at all and haven't scraped yet.

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Are you offering? Lol. Still looking.

I’m sorry but I find it wrong to support a company (ShitTech) that,
1) steals others ideas by copying them and makes it at a lower cheaper quality and takes credit for designing it.
2) has a scum bag partner that rips people off and doesn’t stand behind what he sells.
No need to be sorry, I bought one of the resonator deletes literally right when they first offered them. And that partner you speak of, I got one of those products as well but if the Facebook fiasco would have happened a week or so before it did I definitely wouldn’t have bought that lol

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I don't want this thread to get too off topic since it's about the dive planes, but here you go. This is on 19x11 ET50 wheels and 305/30/19 Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. There are a few threads talking about everyone's experience with the lowering springs.

full.jpg

I swap back and forth between the OEM wheels and 35 series tires and a set of 19x11 wheels on 30 series Sport Cup 2's. I have to be more careful while running the cup 2's but it's not that bad. The only times I really have to take it easy is getting in and out of driveways and parking lots. On the street, I haven't changed my driving manners at all and haven't scraped yet.
Thanks for the pics....that stance is perfect with the 30 series and lowering springs. I think it was your photo from way back that made me decide to go that route. Anyway, staying on topic....I would not add these to a car like ours (30 series tires) which has been lowered for daily duties, unless you drive like a grandma or trailer to a track...,geez, I already feel like I drive like a grandma when approaching speed bumps, haha.
Again, thanks for the pics. They add value as to how much lower below the spoilers these would be on a car.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
For those concerned about clearance: I am lowered on FP springs with 30 sidewall MP4Ss & R front splitter. It definitely will affect you being able to angle up steep inclines. I have a very steep driveway that I would barely clear before the wickers were added and now I scrape them every time (see video below). Having said all of that, these things are VERY sturdy (like surprisingly sturdy). After scraping mine repeatedly, it still looks new. If anything, these $175 pieces act as protection against the $1,000 R splitter. Also of note, I've done around 140mph with zero issues. this is my first and only ZL1 product that I've purchased and I have been very pleased with the build quality and engineering behind it. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So, what are your initial impressions? Did you notice any tighter turn in when making high speed off ramp or on-ramp runs, safely of course
Honestly it's been raining in Atlanta like we've become the new southern Seattle so the car has been inside mostly. I've only driven it once but with the front bar set to stiff and the rear bar set to soft it feels like there is significantly less bodyroll in what little back country driving I have done.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Atlanta always gets more rainfall than Seattle!
ehh, learn something new everyday. Eitherway 2018 was the 2nd wettest year on record here.

Atlanta had a total of 70.03 inches of rainfall in 2018, securing its place as the second wettest year on record. The first place year for rainfall remains 71.45 inches in 1948.
Sponsored