Sponsored

New GT500 style “dive planes or splitter extensions” for GT350

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
My car is stock ride height and tires. The original bolts that I removed were pretty much shaved smooth from the inevitable occasional scraping. The new bolts are hex head and slightly thicker that the original allen head rounded bolts. I would say they will scrape for sure if lowered.
Thanks. Looks like I will wait this out and watch for other options. I am going to do the FP springs and sways...and that’s already getting me nervous
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Looks like I will wait this out and watch for other options. I am going to do the FP springs and sways...and that’s already getting me nervous
Tell me man and not trying to be a smart ass. Why does one lower a car that is extremely low already?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Tell me man and not trying to be a smart ass. Why does one lower a car that is extremely low already?
The FP springs barely lower the car. I was worried too but I still changed them because I wanted better manners on track. I've had them for a year and it's how the car should have came stock TBH. Absolutely 0 regrets. Nobody outside of GT350 enthusiasts would even notice the difference but it's subtle enough that obsessed people like us will know something's a little different in the stance.

Yes, it's lower, but it's more than manageable. I wouldn't want to go any lower than this though. It's the perfect height IMO.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
The FP springs barely lower the car. I was worried too but I still changed them because I wanted better manners on track. I've had them for a year and it's how the car should have came stock TBH. Absolutely 0 regrets. Nobody outside of GT350 enthusiasts would even notice the difference but it's subtle enough that obsessed people like us will know something's a little different in the stance.

Yes, it's lower, but it's more than manageable. I wouldn't want to go any lower than this though. It's the perfect height IMO.
Can you post a picture ? Curious to see the difference.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Installed them, so easy when you get her up in the air. They now include a great push pin that’s so much better than reusing the factory ones

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

Are you on stock GT350 profile size 35 series opposed to R 30 series profile? The difference in height is a little more than 1/4 inch but less than 1/2.....295/35/19 = 27.4 overall height ( tire profile height = 4.2)
and 315/30/19 = 26.4 overall height ( tire profile height = 3.7) 4.2 -3.7 = .50, so there’s a half inch lower just swapping tires. Just want to make an informed decision and let other people know as well that using these with the following conditions, low profile 30 series on 19 inch wheels, and lowering springs, you might end up to low for reasonable driving...if one has 20 inch wheels, then of course the tire height is greater and negates the lowered stance issue using these devices, unless one goes to 25 or 20 series on 20 inch tires, then you are in the same loop as described above.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Installed them, so easy when you get her up in the air. They now include a great push pin that’s so much better than reusing the factory ones
Yes. No way that pin is blowing out.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
They are super solid, the factory push pins are flimsy really aren’t reusable in my estimate and anything that adds length or thickness they aren’t long enough

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Take it for what it is worth since I am not really interested in these extensions at this point but I saw a picture of how Ford attaches these in the GT500 forum (thanks @Muligan). I wanted to add it here because the factory decided to add 3 screws (vs 1 push pin).
20190208_203013.jpg

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Take it for what it is worth since I am not really interested in these extensions at this point but I saw a picture of how Ford attaches these in the GT500 forum (thanks @Muligan). I wanted to add it here because the factory decided to add 3 screws (vs 1 push pin).
20190208_203013.jpg
My same thought as well.
I for one don’t care for anything zl1 add ons makes, same goes for shitTech.
People can say the zl1 add ons winglets will be ok and not come off, but let’s see someone go 160 mph + and report back.
Sure the bottom will survive being that it’s bolted in three spots on the bottom. But I’m not keen on the top single “push pin”

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
My same thought as well.
People can say the zl1 add ons winglets will be ok and not come off, but let’s see someone go 160 mph + and report back.
Sure the bottom will survive being that it’s bolted in three spots on the bottom. But I’m not keen on the top single “push pin”
Not even the shit tech resonator X ? Lol ....
I just got mine in the other day and it's a very nice piece and the welds are premium ...

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Not even the shit tech resonator X ? Lol ....
I just got mine in the other day and it's a very nice piece and the welds are premium ...
I would never and will never support anything they offer for sale. Not even if it was free.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My same thought as well.
Excellent point. I am placing a Post It on my speedo to remind me not to exceed 160.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My same thought as well.
To be fair, I have heard reports of the factory GT350R splitter coming off above 160.
Sponsored