OP

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
It will be a daily driver for me. Pretty unlikely I ever track it. I’d like the premium seats, but the PP1 seemed like a better deal cost wise when I can always get aftermarket seats for less than the PP1 package. The brakes alone seemed worth it. I live in Indiana, so I’ve been looking for a few months now. I’ve found a single PP1 for under 30, but the majority are 30-35. But that is about the cost of a new base model. I’ve even set my searches to within 500 miles, which is pretty hefty IMO. The better handling sounds like it can’t really be a bad thing. I did shy away from cars that only had a couple thousand miles on them, because that wouldn’t have been a daily and possibly tracked
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Its been a bit tighter than usual this year, but still the first owner takes the biggest hit on depreciation. I have never bought a new car for that reason. There are plenty of great condition, low mileage used GTs available. Many of those still have factory warranty left on them.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I always bought new, until I stopped. 2019 PP2, when new the sticker was $49k, barely a year later and 14k miles I bought it used for $37k. And the previous owner already replaced the drag radials.

I'll not ever buy new again. 1-2 years old 15-30k miles... Gap and mechanical/electrical coverage for the life of the loan did not add much to the monthly note.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
It will be a daily driver for me. Pretty unlikely I ever track it. I’d like the premium seats, but the PP1 seemed like a better deal cost wise when I can always get aftermarket seats for less than the PP1 package. The brakes alone seemed worth it. I live in Indiana, so I’ve been looking for a few months now. I’ve found a single PP1 for under 30, but the majority are 30-35. But that is about the cost of a new base model. I’ve even set my searches to within 500 miles, which is pretty hefty IMO. The better handling sounds like it can’t really be a bad thing. I did shy away from cars that only had a couple thousand miles on them, because that wouldn’t have been a daily and possibly tracked
Here a new 2020 Premium with the PP, 401A, Navigation and active exhaust is 45.5k which I think you could probably get OTD for 41k. This includes the digital cluster. I wouldn't buy a used sport car as I don't know how it was treated.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...tedEntity=d2&startYear=2020#listing=284843147

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
If I were the OP I would be looking at a Base with the 301A package to get the drive modes which really amps the car up with the A10. That is what I have. As for brakes I had Brembos on my previous Camaro SS and I would put these brakes up against those anytime.

A PP1 would have been a waste for me if I had to give something else up for it as I mainly take the car out on some backroads and let it rip at high speeds but mainly in a straight line though.

But the OP needs to decide how the car will be used. I vote new Base depending on how it will be used.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ideally, no more than $33K.
I bought my '19 PP1 for that new off the show-room floor. Should be plenty of lightly used PP1 out there and it's somewhat likely they will have good quality mods (not cosmetics) done to them.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I did shy away from cars that only had a couple thousand miles on them, because that wouldn’t have been a daily and possibly tracked
unlikely to have been tracked. Lots of people don't really drive Mustangs - they are garage queens to be taken out only on good days and weather.

OP
OP

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
If I were the OP I would be looking at a Base with the 301A package to get the drive modes which really amps the car up with the A10. That is what I have. As for brakes I had Brembos on my previous Camaro SS and I would put these brakes up against those anytime.

A PP1 would have been a waste for me if I had to give something else up for it as I mainly take the car out on some backroads and let it rip at high speeds but mainly in a straight line though.

But the OP needs to decide how the car will be used. I vote new Base depending on how it will be used.
It is a daily driver. Where I live, we don’t get much snow (compared to the lake effect I was used to in northwest indiana), so the winter isn’t that bad. The brakes are probably the biggest factor for me as to if it’s worth it or not. All the other stuff is just a bonus. I do like those all black 19” wheels, but those can also be bought in aftermarket. And I will have to replace those performance tires anyways, so that’s not a factor for me really. Either way, replace the performance tires with the PP1 or replace the garbage pzero neros they come stock with

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
It is a daily driver. Where I live, we don’t get much snow (compared to the lake effect I was used to in northwest indiana), so the winter isn’t that bad. The brakes are probably the biggest factor for me as to if it’s worth it or not. All the other stuff is just a bonus. I do like those all black 19” wheels, but those can also be bought in aftermarket. And I will have to replace those performance tires anyways, so that’s not a factor for me really. Either way, replace the performance tires with the PP1 or replace the garbage pzero neros they come stock with
Yeah I 'm with you on the the shite Pzero's. I can't get my car to hook at all with them. I'll likely run them one more season and then get something much better. But yeah they have to go. :)

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I know you can get a bunch of the PP1 parts through Ford Performance.. not sure if you can get everything there.

I’m all for getting the base and modifying it, to me that’s half the fun.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I 'm with you on the the shite Pzero's. I can't get my car to hook at all with them. I'll likely run them one more season and then get something much better. But yeah they have to go. :)
On my current V6, I replaced them with continental all seasons. They grip much better and these have no sound, I just hear the engine mostly. The pzeros were so loud, I’m glad I switched

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I chose to buy a 2017 PP1 used and I'm adding better suspension to the car. I didn't want the new Coyote with direct injection. The Mach 1 is tempting to me though.

But my goal is for the car to be fun on the road course. I think if you are street only the most important thing for you to do is to drive both cars enough to find out which one you prefer.

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
Not always, I traded in a 2014 Gt with one option, the 3.73's, after 2 years that only had 2500 miles on it. Had never been beat, never saw rain or snow, stored from end of Oct to end of Mar....there are some cars out there that if you get one, you are basically getting a new car.....When I traded my 2012 for the 14, it only had 4500 miles on it. I have had my 2020 since Oct 16th and it has 680 miles on it and this time it is my only car. So far have not had to drive in the rain.....being able to work from home everyday really helps keep the miles down, plus my wife is disabled so we don;t really go anywhere.

OP
OP

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Not always, I traded in a 2014 Gt with one option, the 3.73's, after 2 years that only had 2500 miles on it. Had never been beat, never saw rain or snow, stored from end of Oct to end of Mar....there are some cars out there that if you get one, you are basically getting a new car.....When I traded my 2012 for the 14, it only had 4500 miles on it. I have had my 2020 since Oct 16th and it has 680 miles on it and this time it is my only car. So far have not had to drive in the rain.....being able to work from home everyday really helps keep the miles down, plus my wife is disabled so we don;t really go anywhere.
That’s how my current car was. It had 28,500 on it in March. The owner before me was an 87 year old woman who passed away and the daughter had no need for it. There are some real steals out there, it’s just hard to know. I have found some I really liked, but looked them up through other sites and found they were lemons. So I try to find everything I can on a vehicle

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
That’s how my current car was. It had 28,500 on it in March. The owner before me was an 87 year old woman who passed away and the daughter had no need for it. There are some real steals out there, it’s just hard to know. I have found some I really liked, but looked them up through other sites and found they were lemons. So I try to find everything I can on a vehicle
There are some of us who view cars as more than a way to get from point A to point B....The 2016 Edge I treaded in on the 2020 only had 16500 miles on it, was like new. When I ask the sales guy if he wanted to go out and take a look at it, he said he didn't need to, my reputation proceeded me at the dealership! Matter of fact, my 2012 was the first used car they ever put on the showroom floor when I traded it in.
Sponsored