New Ford Retail Tracking Website

gt350wcs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Most likely to the cold weather. Guessing someone was looking out for you so the SC2's did not crack while trying to get it on the train. I am happy that mine won't be built until 3/4 for the same reason.
That makes sense, I was told as long as you don't drive on the SC2 's the tire won't get damaged in cold weather.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a unique problem. My EDD just popped up for the first time today. It’s showing 3/8/19, that’s a month sooner than I wanted it. It’s too cold yet to drive it here in Michigan.
At least it is a PP1. Granted the tires are not to be used in the cold/snow, but they won't crack from transporting it. Looks like it will see your garage a bit before you get to use it regularly. I hope you get some 40 plus days while you wait for April to come around.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That makes sense, I was told as long as you don't drive on the SC2 's the tire won't get damaged in cold weather.
They would almost certainly get damaged in sub freeze temps, but I have heard of them cracking just rolling it on the train or transport truck.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have a unique problem. My EDD just popped up for the first time today. It’s showing 3/8/19, that’s a month sooner than I wanted it. It’s too cold yet to drive it here in Michigan.
Welcome to the party, pal !

I ordered mine planning on getting it in late March / early April. Supposedly, it will be here in 2.5 weeks. Granted, I'll just park it for a month, but trying to time this correctly is like shooting dice.

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
At least it is a PP1. Granted the tires are not to be used in the cold/snow, but they won't crack from transporting it. Looks like it will see your garage a bit before you get to use it regularly. I hope you get some 40 plus days while you wait for April to come around.
The problem is I don’t own a garage.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Most likely to the cold weather. Guessing someone was looking out for you so the SC2's did not crack while trying to get it on the train. I am happy that mine won't be built until 3/4 for the same reason.
Too bad someone wasn’t looking out enough for me in October to go ahead and start my build in warm weather to avoid any cold weather problems. Estimated delivery date now 3/3/19 which means they are taking “only” 19 weeks at best to get me my car....jeez the dealer told me 10-12 weeks at most. This has been as crappy as it can be for me.

Last edited:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Too bad someone wasn’t looking out enough for me in October to go ahead and start my build in warm weather to avoid any cold weather problems. Estimated delivery date now 3/3/19 which means they are taking “only” 19 weeks at best to get me my car....jeez the dealer told me 10-12 weeks at most. This has been as crappy as it can be for me.
Can you post a shot of the online tracker?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Looks like your dealer had no allocation. Stinks that some dealers don't tell you that. I agree that your dealer was not looking out for you at all as many people on this site received their cars already.

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Looks like your dealer had no allocation. Stinks that some dealers don't tell you that. I agree that your dealer was not looking out for you at all as many people on this site received their cars already.
I mentioned “allocation” at the ordering time and they acted like it was all A-OK. After pestering them for several months yes indeed it was an allocation issue which they finally fixed at least I got scheduled. And now this BS..... I knew it would not be as easy for me as everyone else because well, it never is. But it has been a long friggin wait for my car and I am getting less excited about it with each delay.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You are not the only one, others have been snookered by their dealers too. Sorry you have such low self confidence in things working out for you. Only you can change that I'm afraid. Good luck, at least the long part of you wait is over. You should be getting your Windows sticker in a couple weeks.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You are not the only one, others have been snookered by their dealers too. Sorry you have such low self confidence in things working out for you. Only you can change that I'm afraid. Good luck, at least the long part of you wait is over. You should be getting your Windows sticker in a couple weeks.
Lol I did everything possible to not get snookered by the dealer, I stayed on top of things every week asking for an update, and finally someone did their job and got the allocation/ball rolling. If you have any suggestions on how I could have handled this to not get screwed, please share. Otherwise, until I am authorized to do other people’s jobs for them I will get screwed....pretty much everytime. It would be wonderful to change that but you go ahead and walk in these shoes to see what happens haha

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Lol I did everything possible to not get snookered by the dealer, I stayed on top of things every week asking for an update, and finally someone did their job and got the allocation/ball rolling. If you have any suggestions on how I could have handled this to not get screwed, please share. Otherwise, until I am authorized to do other people’s jobs for them I will get screwed....pretty much everytime. It would be wonderful to change that but you go ahead and walk in these shoes to see what happens haha
Some research into the process would have helped a lot. I joined this site months before I planned to order. I found out quite a bit of info on the ordering process, the avg wait time, what can delay the order (dealer allocations) etc. I also found out about the Blue Oval site which added some more info like the scheduling process etc. By the time I was ready to order, I knew about how long it would take from order to delivery, to ask the dealer about allocations - I had them show me they had allocations available and watched my sales manager put the order in the system with a copy of the DORA to take home . I also learned that material holds can pop up that can temporarily delay getting your car ordered. I was fully prepared not only to negotiate the best price, but also ensure I would not get hung out to dry because a dealer just added me to their queue of orders when they had no allocation or not enough. I left little for others to screw up, at least for the ordering process. There are still places in the process that I can't control or influence, but I made sure the parts I could control were done to my satisfaction.

Maybe this would have helped you if you followed the same path or maybe I was just lucky.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Some research into the process would have helped a lot. I joined this site months before I planned to order. I found out quite a bit of info on the ordering process, the avg wait time, what can delay the order (dealer allocations) etc. I also found out about the Blue Oval site which added some more info like the scheduling process etc. By the time I was ready to order, I knew about how long it would take from order to delivery, to ask the dealer about allocations - I had them show me they had allocations available and watched my sales manager put the order in the system with a copy of the DORA to take home . I also learned that material holds can pop up that can temporarily delay getting your car ordered. I was fully prepared not only to negotiate the best price, but also ensure I would not get hung out to dry because a dealer just added me to their queue of orders when they had no allocation or not enough. I left little for others to screw up, at least for the ordering process. There are still places in the process that I can't control or influence, but I made sure the parts I could control were done to my satisfaction.

Maybe this would have helped you if you followed the same path or maybe I was just lucky.
The only things I did not do that you mentioned above was find the Blue Oval site and demand that they “show me” they had allocation. So yeah, you got lucky. lol
Sponsored