Sponsored

New Ford Retail Tracking Website

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Does not mean you dealer was truthful or accurate. Sorry you are having a bad experience. So far mine has been great. Hope it works out for you.
I guess ordering from the dealer is way more complicated and risky than anyone at my dealership imagined it would be. Thank you for the good wishes. I knew this would not be easy for me, since nothing goes well or smooth as it does for others like you, but had no idea I would have to wait this long with nothing but a photo of a piece of paper that I paid several thousand dollars for. SMH
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I guess ordering from the dealer is way more complicated and risky than anyone at my dealership imagined it would be. Thank you for the good wishes. I knew this would not be easy for me, since nothing goes well or smooth as it does for others like you, but had no idea I would have to wait this long with nothing but a photo of a piece of paper that I paid several thousand dollars for. SMH
What did you pay thousands for? Did they make you pay for it upfront?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They did not require it, but I put $4,000 towards the purchase.
Why the heck would you give them that much money? What were you thinking when you did that? Is it refundable?

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Why the heck would you give them that much money? What were you thinking when you did that? Is it refundable?
Yes it is refundable, we did the whole financing terms up front and locked them in. Unless something really crazy happens, I will get my earnest money back if no car. Plus I was under the assumption I would have a vehicle in mid-February!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wow, they really did a number on you. The got you to give them a lot of money and they screwed you when placing the order. I truly feel bad for you. Hopefully when you get the car you will forget all about it. Good luck!

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the same boat. Ordered 10/20. Saw the order placed and got a copy of it being accepted. Talked to Ford Performance and they said the order was clean. No VIN yet, and they told my dealer that no scheduling is happening until mid-February. Ford is not telling my dealer anything, which I think is wrong. It makes me wonder if there is a game of trade wars going on, and we are caught in political football.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I am in the same boat. Ordered 10/20. Saw the order placed and got a copy of it being accepted. Talked to Ford Performance and they said the order was clean. No VIN yet, and they told my dealer that no scheduling is happening until mid-February. Ford is not telling my dealer anything, which I think is wrong. It makes me wonder if there is a game of trade wars going on, and we are caught in political football.
Yeah, wow okay...so basically this kind of delay is happening to certain dealers but based on other comments, not all of them. And no one can tell us why our particular order is being IGNORED. So a 4-month wait just to get scheduled is already 16 weeks which is at least 2 weeks longer just to begin the auto vs the promised total wait time (indicated to me) of 10-12 weeks. I hope this horrible customer service does not follow me through the life of my car.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Most customer service issues are dealership related. Which is why I carefully select my dealer and try to stay on their good side. Some dealers treat their shops with little regard. Small dealers cannot compete on price, so the good ones use customer service to draw buyers in. And that means being your advocate when presenting a claim to corporate review. The good service departments will take time to fully detail the problem and back the customer. The adjusters don’t want hassles that will take a lot of time and maybe make them look bad. They will rubber stamp most of the well backed requests and dismiss the “Customer says there is a problem” reports.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Dealer confirmed today - allocation issue. Yeah, so no resolution given for my situation now. Bye bye 2019 Mustang. This has been a nightmare.

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
At what point in the order process does this new website show any information about the build?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
At what point in the order process does this new website show any information about the build?
Estimated delivery date shows up the day you get your VIN. Window sticker with blend date shows up when it hits the production line.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Update: They said it will be scheduled for production today, production should occur mid-Feb and my Mustang should be ready by the end of March. They will address shipping/transit later on in the process. So, there is still hope...
Sponsored