Sponsored

New for 2017 GT350

Godzilla35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT-R
When is the full build book going to be put up on the website? And when do dealers start taking orders usually?

Sorry if these questions have been answered, but finally Ford will allow me to order with Recaros and Navi which is why I was thinking of holding out for a R.

Also, it seems like the cf wheels are highlighted on the first page, are those going to be an option now?
Sponsored

cjm1261

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Corvette Z51
When is the full build book going to be put up on the website? And when do dealers start taking orders usually?

Sorry if these questions have been answered, but finally Ford will allow me to order with Recaros and Navi which is why I was thinking of holding out for a R.

Also, it seems like the cf wheels are highlighted on the first page, are those going to be an option now?

The order timeline has been answered somewhere already. Its projected Ford will start taking orders in April.
Keep in mind it doesn't say anything about Shelbys
Stole this image from SVTPerformance Forum on this same subject

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
As I mention in another thread my contact at FORD say it was close a guardsman blue...for what its worth,:cheers:
Doesn't look like it at all to me.. granted this is some rendering but it will be similar.
gallery_2435_18_60192.png

vodka

On the rocks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack - Magnetic no stripes

I wondered the same thing, about the R wheels, when I saw that image. I'm still assuming Ford will keep any parts orders for the R wheels restricted to owners of an R. I hope I'm wrong, though. I'd love a set with some slicks, for track days.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Based on the replacement cost of over 4k for the reat and 34xx for the front I'd hate to see that wheel option. Not to mention that would put a fully optioned car at the r price point and would negate the exclusivity of the R. Not to mention carbon revolution may not be capable of producing at the potential rate needed. Personally I would rather have a set of Forgelines.

Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Doesn't look like it at all to me.. granted this is some rendering but it will be similar.
You can't base your opinion on how things look on the Ford build and price tool. Here are some photos of the actual colors. It's somewhat close to Guardsman.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So seeing a blue one driving down the street, it will be hard to tell which blue. Until they are side by side.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You can't base your opinion on how things look on the Ford build and price tool. Here are some photos of the actual colors. It's somewhat close to Guardsman.

Except the fusion spy photo looks almost identical to the picture I posted. Lol

Guardsman looks much more like the liquid blue pre production cars from Detroit.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Except the fusion spy photo looks almost identical to the picture I posted. Lol

Guardsman looks much more like the liquid blue pre production cars from Detroit.
I think Liquid looks pretty close to Lightning... Liquid looks a little bit lighter, perhaps, but they're not far off.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The last 10 years, you could have made a huge amount of money in the collectible car auction market - far more than if you'd just planted your investments in stocks. However, as with the stock market, you needed to know what you were doing - just look at the up-down-up-down cycle of Ferrari pricing or the up-down-up cycle of Porsche pricing. Mecum's customers are doing better percentage-wise because they've been investing in American muscle cars, which have shown a pretty steady, if a little bumpy, increase. Mecum's Arizona auction last month was the only one that showed an increase over last year.

Neither stocks nor collector cars are places to play with money you can't afford to lose. The only people who will make serious money on GT 350s now are '15 owners who sell the cars before summer - or wait 5 years until most V8s disappear because of the upcoming CAFE standards - or 20 years when the GT 350s reach "classic" status.
Since 2009 I've quadrupled my money in the stock market. Just jumped out for now. For what it's worth I also jumped out of the market in 2007. Got back in during 2009. Troweprice ... prmtx did pretty good along with HD to name a few. Collector car market is not what you see on tv. 47.000 GT 500's will never ever be collectible. Nor will the 350's. IMO. The only American car I bought in 2009 that I considered an investment was the 2005 Ford GT . Made good money on her. Remember pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered . Been doing this for the past 30 years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Since 2009 I've quadrupled my money in the stock market. Just jumped out for . now. Collector car market is not what you see on tv. 47.000 GT 500's will never ever be collectible. Nor will the 350's. IMO

I wouldn't be so sure to rule out SE cars like the GT500/boss/Gt350 obtaining some kind of collectors status. Take the 3 main JDM sports cars from the 90's the Supra, RX-7, 300 ZX TT. They weren't "limited" and they can sell for some pretty heavy prices is excellent condition. And as the abused ones turn into rolling spare parts they will become harder to find and command more.

It may take awhile for these cars to start to raise in value, but it will happen. I wouldn't look as it as an investment though. If someone wants to do that, then they need to be buying classics at the bottom of their depreciation curve.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wouldn't be so sure to rule out SE cars like the GT500/boss/Gt350 obtaining some kind of collectors status. Take the 3 main JDM sports cars from the 90's the Supra, RX-7, 300 ZX TT. They weren't "limited" and they can sell for some pretty heavy prices is excellent condition. And as the abused ones turn into rolling spare parts they will become harder to find and command more.

It may take awhile for these cars to start to raise in value, but it will happen. I wouldn't look as it as an investment though. If someone wants to do that, then they need to be buying classics at the bottom of their depreciation curve.
That is true, but the key is to know when the market has truly bottomed. Take Ferrari Testarossas from the late 80's early 90's for example. A few years ago you almost couldn't give them away-now they are commanding 6 figure prices.