Sponsored

New Engine Build after stock block failure.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I did look on Ebay and Bishop Engine was one of the sellers that offered reconditioned but never seemed to have any in stock and also misrepresented Gen 1 heads as Gen 2. They also misrepresented Gen2 F-150 heads as Gen 2 Mustang heads. I didn't feel like going through a dispute so passed on buying from them.

I would use mine as a core (still on the table) but depending on how much damage my engine has coming out I plan to re-use the entire engine in a future project or sleeve and upgrade as a spare.
Gen2 mustang heads and f150 heads are the same head casting but the valves for the f150 CNG LP are better. Other than that they are the same
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Jordan at MHS is good peoples and does some amazing work. You're definitely in good hands. I've learned the hard way building motors for customers..... dont skimp out on a good machine shop. Ways to save money is to break the motor down and send all your stuff to the machine shop, they can either salvage or they cant, you couldve saved on a block and spent that money into sleeving though. Jordan does some magical work on heads, I personally wouldve sent my existing heads his way. Either way, you're going to have a solid engine coming from them.

OP
OP
94Mustang302ci

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Jordan at MHS is good peoples and does some amazing work. You're definitely in good hands. I've learned the hard way building motors for customers..... dont skimp out on a good machine shop. Ways to save money is to break the motor down and send all your stuff to the machine shop, they can either salvage or they cant, you couldve saved on a block and spent that money into sleeving though. Jordan does some magical work on heads, I personally wouldve sent my existing heads his way. Either way, you're going to have a solid engine coming from them.
Hopefully my current engine is salvageable as I do plan to sleeve that block. I want a spare and or engine for a project later down the road. Since my 16 is/was used for daily duty, I really don't want to go much past 850whp. I'd love a Notch coyote swap but haven't ruled out a 96-04 swap that's gutted for track only use.

I've read and watched a lot of Jordan's videos and have complete faith in the product he puts out. He's been extremely responsive in answering my questions thus far.
Sponsored