cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not even going to read this thread.... only here to ask if the OP took his car to a car wash... ..?
After each of the 2 rounds of Raid foggers in the garage, I took it through a touch free car wash with undercarriage spray. When I got home from round 2, I saw a baby brown widow crawling down the hood.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, hope it gets resolved soon. Can't imagine buying a car like this and then having it infested with spiders.
Thanks, I hope so too. Tomorrow is professional extermination day. Fingers crossed.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I am on it.

10-goodman-arachnaphobia.jpg

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Thanks, I hope so too. Tomorrow is professional extermination day. Fingers crossed.
I'm,betting the spray works without any odors,and it'll work for weeks killing any offspring.goof luck

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
why not just drape a big tarp over your car and let the exhaust kill everything?

Sponsored

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I found 3 sizable egg sacs near the firewall this morning and a lot of webs under the car in other places. Called the dealership and given all the findings so far, they are going to check on some things and get back to me. Love this car but I'm losing sleep over this crap.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Well, I found 3 sizable egg sacs near the firewall this morning and a lot of webs under the car in other places. Called the dealership and given all the findings so far, they are going to check on some things and get back to me. Love this car but I'm losing sleep over this crap.
Ride those buggers over here to Cajun Country. We've got some mosquitoes that'll take care of them.

On a serious note, I'm sorry you're having to go through this on a new car. Not the happy homecoming you were wanting I'm sure.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ride those buggers over here to Cajun Country. We've got some mosquitoes that'll take care of them.

On a serious note, I'm sorry you're having to go through this on a new car. Not the happy homecoming you were wanting I'm sure.
Thanks, yeah, this has been an interesting experience. My concern isn't what I have found so far as much as what I likely haven't found yet. Lots of hiding places.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
upload_2020-1-12_10-5-3.png

Just be glad it wasn’t one of these.

Wolf spider with 1,000,000 spawn in tow. They’re super fast and aggressive. Painful bite but not medically significant.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Super fast yes. Aggressive though? I've had many basement wolves, and they always used their super speed to run the fuck away from me. I've never successfully been able to capture one. Bonus, they don't make webs.
True, no webs.. ultimate ground dweller.

I should rephrase. They aren’t aggressive as in seek you out, but they become very defensive if their decision is to stand their ground vs run. I’ve had to move several them with a LFA (long f’ing object) and they don’t hesitate to strike. But man, can they run when they want to!

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The only two spiders I have pretty much no concern of are these two. I’ll handle the jumping spiders and I’ve non-voluntarily had the orb weaver on me before (no shirt, found its way on to my stomach from an outdoor chair I was sitting in). Both are very docile and would take a lot of provoking for them to bite.

upload_2020-1-12_10-37-39.jpeg

upload_2020-1-12_10-40-20.jpeg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a weaver that thought it was hilarious to build their web across my entire front door. It must have also been prime spider real estate, because no matter how many times I walked through the web at night, it was rebuilt the next day.
Haha. Probably just wanted to catch the AC draft when you opened the door.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The only two spiders I have pretty much no concern of are these two. I’ll handle the jumping spiders and I’ve non-voluntarily had the orb weaver on me before (no shirt, found its way on to my stomach from an outdoor chair I was sitting in). Both are very docile and would take a lot of provoking for them to bite.
Still need a little friendly-ing up ...

Untitled 7.png

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT