cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have some good news here. After multiple rounds of Raid foggers and spraying denser areas, I haven't seen signs of spider life in a week now. Put the car (now appropriately named Natasha) in the air, took off the under body front panel, and vacuumed up all the webs. They had an extensive community built. Everything I can see top to bottom is gone.

Even better, I spoke with the sales manager of the dealership and they are going to put it on the lift, remove all the fender liners and such, and clean anything left out.

Hoping not to see any new webs crop up.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, I have some good news here. After multiple rounds of Raid foggers and spraying denser areas, I haven't seen signs of spider life in a week now. Put the car (now appropriately named Natasha) in the air, took off the under body front panel, and vacuumed up all the webs. They had an extensive community built. Everything I can see top to bottom is gone.

Even better, I spoke with the sales manager of the dealership and they are going to put it on the lift, remove all the fender liners and such, and clean anything left out.

Hoping not to see any new webs crop up.
That's great new. Glad it all worked out. Now relax, go for a drive, and see a movie.

I would recommend.................
upload_2020-1-18_13-36-26.jpeg

To soon? :crackup::cwl:

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That's great new. Glad it all worked out. Now relax, go for a drive, and see a movie.

Haha, way too soon. Perhaps when the creepy itching and paranoia stops.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Can we stream that on the web?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK George, I wasn't going to post this but you made me. Go ahead and stream this!!!!!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Oh No!
jbiBkwY.gif

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am a little late to the party but if you ever want the ultimate bug killer use this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Taurus-SC-CS...keywords=Termite+killer&qid=1579387920&sr=8-8

It’s the same thing you put on dogs(frontline) for fleas.

You can spray it in the engine bay and pretty much everywhere. I use it around house and shop. It doesn’t seem to stain. It’s oil based so it sticks around for years.

It’s the ultimate big killer.

Anyone that pays a bug man should just spray this crap around your house once a year and save the cash.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I once bought a used Ford Focus ZX3 and once I brought it home from the dealership....... I saw 20+ Yellow Sac Spiders crawling all over it often at once... I kinda sensed some smell in the interior and some sticky residue on some of the leather in rear and on surfaces... I bet it was someone trying to fog it or something before selling it, however wiped it down really good and used leather conditioners and I also used Raid all over it in the interior crevices etc. since the first week I had it, I saw them all over it especially at night. all coming out. after my own treatment, they no longer came back and I had a decent daily driver for a while and got a bargain on it.

Free33d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I can definitely relate to this. I picked up my certified 2015 GT in November. When I test drove the car there was a weird smell, but it wasn't too potent. The car was kept in the dealer's showroom, so I wasn't very worried about it. Two weeks after buying the car, the smell got more pungent and stronger. I detail my own car so I started inspecting the car. Initially I found some white for remnants which I thought were from a banana. It removed parts of it by hand, then went at it tweezers to extract it. But them smell didn't go away, I then went at it with my steam cleaner. My Goodall was if nothing else, the steam would melt it away and the smell would be subdued. That didn't work either other than moving the object an inch back. Finally I was able to raise and move the seat back and extract the item. It was a half eaten wheel of babybel.
Sponsored