tcadaniel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
E350, Aviator,
Hello Everyone,
I just joined the forum today today. Thanks for accepting me. I'm going to purchase a new Mustang this coming week and I need a little advice from the experts. A little background. I'm 52 and I'm buying this for a second car. My daily driver is an Aviator. This will just be for weekends with the girlfriend and the occasional sunny day. Anyway, As most of you know the current supply chain is totally jacked. I've never seen anything like this in the car market. It's making my finding the exact car I want a little difficult and I don't want to wait for a special order. I'm definitely getting a 2021 GT Premium. My questions are:

1. Auto or manual? Lots of manuals around, not many autos.
2. BO sound system worth it?
3. Magnetic ride worth it?
4. GT performance package worth it?
5. Active exhaust much louder or just a little?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Welcome to the site - lots of great folks here who are always willing to help or add input.

1) Best recommendation - go and test drive both the MT82 and 10R80. You can't really go by any of us saying to go with the MT82 (Manual) or 10R80 (Auto) because too many of us prefer one trans over the other for our own XYZ reasons. What we may like you may not. I can say that the 10R80 is a very good trans for daily driving and it gets up and GOES. If you're used to old school auto slush box transmissions, the 10R80 is not it.

2) No factory sound system is worth it. That's my opinion, but any stock system can be tailored to your ears (stock or not). The BO is a good system for stock, will it blow you out of the car with excellent highs, mids and thumping bass? No, but it will suffice if you can't do a major system renovation.

3) Can't add input here don't have it. I only know from reading on here that it is a good suspension and to replace or upgrade parts, it costs more than a standard suspension. I've also been told that to upgrade to a MR suspension IF starting with the standard is cost prohibitive and involves a lot of other needed components to do so... If you're really interested in it, get it with the car as built from Ford.

4) Any Performance Package is worth it on any S550 platform. For what you're getting if you are to try and add all of the components later, you'd be spending more $$$ than what it costs if you had bought it as an added option.

5) Based on the replies here, AE is definitely worth the $$$$ and it seems lots of folks like the AE without even upgrading mufflers or mid-pipes. AE could be added to a non-AE car, but again there's the added cost, time and parts sourcing to do it. There's a very large thread in the sub-forums on here for adding it after the fact to the 2018+ S550's.

If you can afford to do it, get as many of the As Built features as possible. Don't go car broke trying to do it, but if you have the means you don't want to be the one coming back saying coulda-woulda-shoulda... because we've all seen those threads after the car is in the driveway...LOL!

OP
OP

tcadaniel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
E350, Aviator,
"If you can afford to do it, get as many of the As Built features as possible. Don't go car broke trying to do it, but if you have the means you don't want to be the one coming back saying coulda-woulda-shoulda... because we've all seen those threads after the car is in the driveway...LOL!"

I've done this so many times!!! Thanks for the feedback.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Agreed. AE was a must on my list when searching. I've made it a bit louder, but it sounds great even stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tcadaniel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
E350, Aviator,
Just got a GT PP1 for weekend duty. The manual with auto rev matching is unbelievably fun.
Congratulations! Did you get a decent deal? Iā€™m thinking 4% under invoice from what Iā€™m hearing.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for sharing. Iā€™ll post tomorrow if I can get the deal together. Hopefully they are reasonable.
Have you reached out to @Zach@Granger? Heā€™s the go to on this site for really good Mustang deals. Great guy, very helpful and other M6G members recommend him as well.

Sponsored

busapilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2020 Hayabusa
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,
I just joined the forum today today. Thanks for accepting me. I'm going to purchase a new Mustang this coming week and I need a little advice from the experts. A little background. I'm 52 and I'm buying this for a second car. My daily driver is an Aviator. This will just be for weekends with the girlfriend and the occasional sunny day. Anyway, As most of you know the current supply chain is totally jacked. I've never seen anything like this in the car market. It's making my finding the exact car I want a little difficult and I don't want to wait for a special order. I'm definitely getting a 2021 GT Premium. My questions are:

1. Auto or manual? Lots of manuals around, not many autos.
2. BO sound system worth it?
3. Magnetic ride worth it?
4. GT performance package worth it?
5. Active exhaust much louder or just a little?

Thanks in advance...
Hi, I sell these cars and own them. For me manual is the only way to go because I love shifting, however itā€™s proven the autos are slightly faster.

Save your money on the B&O and get aftermarket acoustics.

Magneride is absolutely worth it.

Performance pack is absolutely worth it.

Active exhaust is a cool feature and is a bit louder with every setting. The only con is the extra expense if you plan for upgraded exhaust.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Active exhaust is a cool feature and is a bit louder with every setting. The only con is the extra expense if you plan for upgraded exhaust.
Active Exhaust is the upgraded system. Unless you have something specific in mind AE is the way to go. Quiet if needed, loud if wanted. And if track mode still isnā€™t enough, go H/X pipe and be prepared to get pulled over. šŸ˜€šŸ‘

busapilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2020 Hayabusa
Vehicle Showcase
Active Exhaust is the upgraded system. Unless you have something specific in mind AE is the way to go. Quiet if needed, loud if wanted. And if track mode still isnā€™t enough, go H/X pipe and be prepared to get pulled over. šŸ˜€šŸ‘
Iā€™m referring to aftermarket catback systems. The ones for AE are significantly more expensive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Iā€™m referring to aftermarket catback systems. The ones for AE are significantly more expensive.
I understand. My point is that unless you are looking for something extreme like a Borla Atak the AE will be just fine and a bargain to boot. Add a Borla Switchfire, put it in track mode and youā€™ll be in heaven.