Sponsored

Nesting behavior.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Well, my build sched is next week and Im starting to behave like an expectant Dad. So far, I’ve watched all online videos with Mach 1 in it. I’ve read almost all of the relevant posts here and any Mach 1 article in Google (even printed some of them for when its time to sell it). Ive obtained a black friday gift cert from my local tint shop. I’ve got my floor mats in my checkout cart. Im researching radar detectors and I also started reading the pdf manual for the car. Lastly, I started clearing the garage and I started reading about ceramic coating in case I decide to do it myself. Did I miss anything? I’m hopeful the rail strike will be averted as it may significantly prolong delivery. I dont remember it being like this with my other car purchases. Perhaps its the pandemic but I’m savoring the unique experience. I hope it wont take too long.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Awesome, the only thing I can tell you is to be patient its well worth it. Give us more details on your order, what is your build date? you have a window sticker yet?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Welcome and Congrats.

I'd focus on a few things, if you have not done so already:

- Setup your insurance for the car. I was able to get my policy setup and set aside. I turned it on when I received notice the car left the factory; this allowed everything to go active and be ready, so I could give proof of insurance at pickup

- When the car comes off the truck, there are the typical plastic bags covering the seats, but also, a build sheet, from the factory assemblers. Ask the salesperson to have their prep team recover and save all papers, no matter how insignificant. These documents are often thrown out at the dealer

- Advise the salesperson and prep team to NOT, NOT drill for the front license plate

- Install the Ford Pass App on your cell and have it working upon arrival. The salesperson will probably ask you to install it and add your Mach 1 to the app, before leaving

- When picking up the car, it's often best to get it out of the dealer's hands as quickly as possible. The dealer will have prep work and check out. That's cool. Otherwise, ask them to leave it as-is, no matter how filthy. Ask them NOT to wash or detail the car

- I'm sure you'll give the car a thorough going over. I was given a chance for a quick test drive. Otherwise, you have three days (my experience) to file a claim with the dealer for any damages received during shipment

- If an HP, the fender lips ship separate; they are often waiting in the Parts Department in a box with your VIN on it. But sometimes there are shortages and delays. You might not see the lips for weeks

- The Mach 1 Welcome Kit arrives months later. Three to four months is not surprising

- Track Attack documents are also received months after sale. If interested, you can sign up for the attack as soon as you pickup the car

- Once home, you can then give the car a proper cleaning, inside and out

- There's an EPA charcoal filter in the intake tube. Remove the filter. Put everything else back as-is. This will gift you a free, immediate 10HP

- There are multiple threads regarding break-in. You'll notice early on the Coyote engine likes to rev, enjoys the higher RPMs. Don't be afraid to stress the car, even very early on. They're solid as a rock

- Multiple threads on detailing as well. Lots of product and tool reviews

- Multiple threads on PPF, tint. Ceramics are most welcome. Some like PPF on all the forward-facing parts of the car

- Consider the following accessories
-- Faraday pouch, to secure your fob/s
-- Jacking rails
-- Oil Separator, catch can (passenger side only)
-- Fender covers, to protect the paint while working under hood
-- Battery tender, if stowing the car for any length of time
-- Detailing supplies
-- Tow hook, front license plate mount, using the factory receiver
-- Clutch assist spring (if manual)
-- Car cover, if stowing the car for any length of time

As the thread progresses, others will chime in with still more ideas. Again, welcome.

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
If HP, have a good street tire to replace the cup 2 tires. Most here swap them for MP4S or Continental ECS. @Skye and @jsullboy covered the big things. Most importantly, get in and drive it in track mode. That will be a perma-grin.

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
@First Stang Just to add to
- When picking up the car, it's often best to get it out of the dealer's hands as quickly as possible. The dealer will have prep work and check out. That's cool. Otherwise, ask them to leave it as-is, no matter how filthy. Ask them NOT to wash or detail the car
Make them handle you the shipping blocks. They are two yellow rubber like things. This way you will be sure they are not left in your springs and also the dealer did not discard them.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Just make a proper break-in as instructed in the PDF manual you are already reading. Don't throw the crap out of the engine during break-in.

My suggestion will be NOT to install the FordPass and NOT let the car connect to the Ford backend. Unless you don't value your privacy.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Getting a Mach 1 is wayyyyyyyy more rare than having a kid...... Lol
That said, Kid delivery at least happens ON TIME and CONSISTENTLY once the indicator shows "In Production". Though just like Ford, the pre-prod "scheduling" can require some finesse and multiple attempts.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
If you dont swap out your tires, strongly consider ZL1 rock guards. PPF is also strongly recommended whether or not you swap tires

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Welcome and Congrats.

I'd focus on a few things, if you have not done so already:

- Setup your insurance for the car. I was able to get my policy setup and set aside. I turned it on when I received notice the car left the factory; this allowed everything to go active and be ready, so I could give proof of insurance at pickup

- When the car comes off the truck, there are the typical plastic bags covering the seats, but also, a build sheet, from the factory assemblers. Ask the salesperson to have their prep team recover and save all papers, no matter how insignificant. These documents are often thrown out at the dealer

- Advise the salesperson and prep team to NOT, NOT drill for the front license plate

- Install the Ford Pass App on your cell and have it working upon arrival. The salesperson will probably ask you to install it and add your Mach 1 to the app, before leaving

- I'm sure you'll give the car a thorough going over. I was given a chance for a quick test drive. Otherwise, you have three days (my experience) to file a claim with the dealer for any damages received during shipment

- If an HP, the fender lips ship separate; they are often waiting in the Parts Department in a box with your VIN on it. But sometimes there are shortages and delays. You might not see the lips for weeks

- The Mach 1 Welcome Kit arrives months later. Three to four months is not surprising

- Track Attack documents are also received months after sale. If interested, you can sign up for the attack as soon as you pickup the car

- Once home, you can then give the car a proper cleaning, inside and out

- There's an EPA charcoal filter in the intake tube. Remove the filter. Put everything else back as-is. This will gift you a free, immediate 10HP

- There are multiple threads regarding break-in. You'll notice early on the Coyote engine likes to rev, enjoys the higher RPMs. Don't be afraid to stress the car, even very early on. They're solid as a rock

- Multiple threads on detailing as well. Lots of product and tool reviews

- Multiple threads on PPF, tint. Ceramics are most welcome. Some like PPF on all the forward-facing parts of the car

- Consider the following accessories
-- Faraday pouch, to secure your fob/s
-- Jacking rails
-- Oil Separator, catch can (passenger side only)
-- Fender covers, to protect the paint while working under hood
-- Battery tender, if stowing the car for any length of time
-- Detailing supplies
-- Tow hook, front license plate mount, using the factory receiver
-- Clutch assist spring (if manual)
-- Car cover, if stowing the car for any length of time

As the thread progresses, others will chime in with still more ideas. Again, welcome.
excellent, this should be a sticky for new buyers.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I had a garage full of parts before I picked mine up. Somehow, I'm still married.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I had a garage full of parts before I picked mine up. Somehow, I'm still married.
Yeah, Im still married as well. My wife thinks Steeda is a new grocery store.:crackup:

OP
OP
First Stang

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Im tempted to tell my dealer to just do what is necessary to make the car road worthy. Leave all plastics in. I will admit I watched a video of a Mach 1 unwrapping….I probably will do a video or something similar. Thank you everyone for chiming in.
Sponsored