Sponsored

Need to check this ASAP on your Bullitts.......

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
Read this article https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/ and please check yours..... I checked mine and damn hose was on the very end of nipple like in the pictures. Had to push it back all the way on as seen in the pictures as well. Was highly irritated finding this, if this had come off, that could be very bad news.
Ford should have used a clamp in such a important connection.........just BS.
Cant believe I did not see this before now when checking my levels under the hood.

I have 7500 miles on mine.

Wanted to make everyone aware :thumbsup:
Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Read this article https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/ and please check yours..... I checked mine and damn hose was on the very end of nipple like in the pictures. Had to push it back all the way on as seen in the pictures as well. Was highly irritated finding this, if this had come off, that could be very bad news.
Ford should have used a clamp in such a important connection.........just BS.
Cant believe I did not see this before now when checking my levels under the hood.

I have 7500 miles on mine.

Wanted to make everyone aware :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting this. Same for me!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Mine was pretty far off, taking it in Saturday to have speakers replaced I’ll tell them to check this out as well. I pushed mine it but it very easily slides down as well
Thank you for the heads up

Sponsored

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your welcome to all :thumbsup: hate for anyone to have a bad event occur because of this.

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you use a zip tie or left it alone?
I did consider putting on a zip, but I did not last night, may put one on to get a tighter clamp down pressure.
Need to study that hose attachment setup better before doing that.
I am going to be asking some questions at my Ford dealership about this, got buds up there.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I did consider putting on a zip, but I did not last night, may put one on to get a tighter clamp down pressure.
Need to study that hose attachment setup better before doing that.
I am going to be asking some questions at my Ford dealership about this, got buds up there.

I would suggest to put an small adjustable hose clamp to ensure the fitting stays, but not cut into the hose causing a leak. Should be able to pick one up for .50 cents. Job done, Bob's your uncle. :D

Sponsored
OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked in with my parts bud at Ford, we pulled up the parts diagram, and nothing was listed as too anything additional to help keep the hose in place properly.
I wanted to see if something had come off or was left off from the factory.... not the case.
So, I guess I am going to take a look at adding a small high quality zip tie in that area, as long as I dont see where it could cause damage.
Maybe there something out there better. Look at it this weekend.

Perhaps the "Steeda kit" listed above is a good option.

Last edited:

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda part appears to be just another hose w/ plastic clamps. i have to agree w/ Ronin47's suggestion and use a good metal adjustable clamp and dont over tighten. but my question is what about the other end? anyone check that out?

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been watching mine for a couple days now and it has not slipped back down.
As to the metal clamp, not sure if it would work well. One piece of the retaining mechanism is rubber and the other side appears to be a hard plastic that pushes over the rubber piece and an o-ring that locks things in place. Pressure on the plastic piece could crack it .....and very small area for a clamp to be applied....... the whole thing is a poor design in my humble opinion.
Just keep it simple with parts that have been in service for decades and work great .... high quality hose and metal clamps.:like:

The firewall side seems to be very tight and not moving from what I could tell.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Been watching mine for a couple days now and it has not slipped back down.
As to the metal clamp, not sure if it would work well. One piece of the retaining mechanism is rubber and the other side appears to be a hard plastic that pushes over the rubber piece and an o-ring that locks things in place. Pressure on the plastic piece could crack it .....and very small area for a clamp to be applied....... the whole thing is a poor design in my humble opinion.
Just keep it simple with parts that have been in service for decades and work great .... high quality hose and metal clamps.:like:

The firewall side seems to be very tight and not moving from what I could tell.
The comment about the metal clamp was aimed at using it with another hose. In particular, the Steeda kit that comes with a plastic clamp. Not the OEM one.

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The comment about the metal clamp was aimed at using it with another hose. In particular, the Steeda kit that comes with a plastic clamp. Not the OEM one.
Oh, understand now. Yes, totally agree. Should have been like that from the factory.
My "Just keep it simple" was directed Ford's way, I should have worded that better, apologies my friend.
Sponsored