Sponsored

Need tire advice please

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
So I just passed 20k miles on my Stang and I'm replacing my nearly worn out rear tires (Pirellis P zeros). I've been pretty easy on them and thought I'd get more than 20k out of them. I'm doing some research and I thought I'd get some opinions here.
I'm looking for all seasons that last and have good performance. Saw a brand named Falken Azenis FK450 A/S that had a pretty good review for a second tier tire and are rated for 50,000 miles. I'm also looking to spend no more than $200/tire. I plan to put the same on the front when I replace those.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Get round ones. Preferably, black.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Pink ones.

RegDir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium w/ PP
Wouldn't touch Falkens, try BFGoodrich, General, or Kumho.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
What do you intend on doing with the tire? Also, how do you drive? These will factor in greatly when choosing what you want.

Also, do you intend on sticking with an A/S tire?

IMHO:

Good bang/buck tires would be the BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S.

For a bit more money, I'd buy the Continental DWS...as from personal experience, the tires perform great.

Both have great reviews from Tirerack.

I haven't heard too much about the Falken's you're looking at...I only have experience with their summer tires (specifically the 452's and 453's).

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Continental DWS all season\DW summer tires work well for price. Pilot Super Sports are amazing but of course... pricey. Not sure how much the Pilot A\S are.

Those would be my two options, otherwise you'll have to research pretty hard around that price point.

RegDir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium w/ PP
Heard bad things about Falkens?
Yeah, went cheap on the wife's car a while back. Never again. Tires are one of those things, like clothes or shoes, you should never go cheap on.

Sponsored

stang_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GTPP
I replaced the stock pirellis with Yokohama Advan A/S, best tires I've ever purchased. If you're more about taking corners these bad boys are grippy af.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
What do you intend on doing with the tire? Also, how do you drive? These will factor in greatly when choosing what you want.

IMHO:

For a bit more money, I'd buy the Continental DWS...as from personal experience, the tires perform great.

I haven't heard too much about the Falken's you're looking at...I only have experience with their summer tires (specifically the 452's and 453's).
I was originally going to buy the BFG's as they had really good reviews and rated higher overall than any other tire I was looking at. When I went to get them, they were on "national backorder" and I didn't want to screw with trusting the P-Zero's in the colder temps, so I bought the Conti. DWS-06's. At the time, they didn't have the exact 265/35/20 my car came with so I went to 275/35/20 and the tires ran a couple hundred dollars more for the set. Since then, they have released the 265/35/20 size and the price is much less than what I had to pay when I got mine. I don't know how the BFG's would have performed, but I absolutely love the DWS-06's.

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP

IMHO:

I take it pretty easy on tires. No burn out or donuts. Like taking curves and corners aggressively. I plan on sticking with A/S because I drive it well into Dec. before changing to my winter car.

Funny you mention the BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S. I was just on the phone with Dunn Tire locally. They don't have them in stock but the price was $194/tire (255/40/19), cheaper than Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct.

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
I replaced the stock pirellis with Yokohama Advan A/S, best tires I've ever purchased. If you're more about taking corners these bad boys are grippy af.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Love hitting the corners, thanks.

And they're in my price range and mileage rating.
Sponsored