Need Stronger Wheels

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Have had a set of Niche aluminum monoblock rims for about 2yrs and unfortuantely they are just not a match for harsh local roads.

I also have a set of forged aluminum rims which should be a bit stronger but dont want to risk them and will probably sell them.

Is there any other option besides the stock PP rims in terms of strength? I believe the OEM wheels are all aluminum alloy? I see all of the replica wheels on AM but not sure if they are OEM strength.

Currently have 20" wheels would like to stay with those or 19". Have to clear the Brembos.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Apex wheels are strong, they cater to the track crowd (hitting curbing at high speeds, lots of load forces).

I have the SM-10 and think they're stylin'. The EC7 also comes in mustang sizes. Only 19s, no 20s.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Have had a set of Niche aluminum monoblock rims for about 2yrs and unfortuantely they are just not a match for harsh local roads.
you've bent the rims? How about running taller tires?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
you've bent the rims? How about running taller tires?

Didn't you see, he wants to keep 20's.
Though more sidewall would certainly help.

The forged guys always claim forged wheels are SOOO much stronger, so why not run your forged ones?

Maybe pick a wheel/brand with a lifetime warranty, like LMR? They seem to be betting that their wheels are strong enough.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
The common wisdom is that wheels can be cheap, strong, light.... pick two.

I know you want to keep the 20s but even going down to a 19" will be a huge help in keeping the wheels alive.

Personally, I always think that the cars running fat 18s look the meanest...there are some out there that will clear the Brembos. Maybe spend some time looking at some different styles? You'll also save a lot of rotating and unsprung mass which has huge performance benefits.
Sponsored

Last edited: