Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I did some searching here and there are all kinds of different ones on amazon/ebay and the website mustang sellers, but which exact ones do i need for my 18 GT? one went bad and they are all reading wrong at this point...i put on aftermarket wheels when i bought the car and used some off ebay and 3 years later i need to replace them. Id prefer not to buy the pricey ones so anyone know a good, fairly cheap ($50-60) set that i should use and that lasts awhile? And as fasr as i can tell i can just put them in and the car will pick up on them and sort it out without me having to learn them i believe? Thanks
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I keep hearing the cheap ones are hit and miss. If they don't work you will have to pay more than the cost of the sensors to just to get them removed and replaced let alone the price of new sensors. Today I ordered some Huf sensors from TPMSDirect at $26 USD ea on sale and they had the silver stem option. They were $20 ea in black. There are a few others online retailers that specialize. The other choice I was considering was Ford OEM sensors. I figured Ebay and Amazon wasn't worth the risk to me. The tire shops around here want $240 - $280 Cdn a set!

charlesautt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looking as well and its been annoying to figure out which ones. Learned not all came from Ford with them, presumably based on options since the dealer said the PP wheels did not (weird since mine did and had stock Pirellis when i got it). Ford parts search said TPMS40 (433mhz), here and online says TPMS35 (315mhz), dealer said TPMS20 (which is a valve stem cap...), and finally Ford parts chat support said TPMS35 after some digging. So in conclusion, Ford parts numbers are messed up and I will be going the $30 USD route via ebay and hope for the best. I can deal with checking them myself if it comes to it.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
So in conclusion, Ford parts numbers are messed up and I will be going the $30 USD route via ebay and hope for the best. I can deal with checking them myself if it comes to it.
I did the same. They’ve been sitting in a box waiting for spring and new tires...is there a way to test them before having them mounted up?

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I did the $30 Ebay route and have had zero issues with them.

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I did the same. They’ve been sitting in a box waiting for spring and new tires...is there a way to test them before having them mounted up?
Run them by your tire shop, they can scan them and make sure everything is working before you get them installed. Most places won't even charge you. They'd rather find an issue before they mount up the tires.

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
I purchased 24/7 sensors for my 19', they work great and learned on their own.

Very responsive Co. and will answer your questions.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Run them by your tire shop, they can scan them and make sure everything is working before you get them installed. Most places won't even charge you. They'd rather find an issue before they mount up the tires.
Thanks! It makes sense that they could do this at a tire shop. That's exactly what I'll do. It's cool that shops will often do this for free but my local shop is going to sell me $1400 worth of Michelins so I hope they'll be ok with checking the sensors first.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
That eBay link is a good deal if they are indeed genuine Ford TPMS sensors.

Tire Rack also has them for $27 each.

Sponsored

19GTDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I assume the OEM Ford eBay sensors will work on a 2019? The site only lists up to 2018.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That eBay link is a good deal if they are indeed genuine Ford TPMS sensors.

Tire Rack also has them for $27 each.
Yes key word is 'if'

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I know there are cheaper options and ways out there, but....I've had multiple sets from America's/Discount Tire (which I'm pretty sure is Huf or something like that, but don't quote me on that) that have worked flawlessly. I go buy a set, he programs them right there, and I can install or do what I want later. I'm probably paying more, but peace of mind has a price. Even if it's not some huge deal, I just want shit to work like it's supposed to. Every time I've gotten these, that's been the result.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I bought the $30 ones off ebay, listing said they were OEM Motorcraft made in the USA. They arrive in generic plastic bags with a made in china sticker! My tire guy said they look fine. I guess l'll find out over time.