Sponsored

Need help with melting wastegate lines

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
Hellion twin turbo setup with a boostleash. I'm having an ongoing problem with the nylon pushlock tubing in the wastegates (came with the boostleash) melting during dragstrip outings. I've wrapped the lines in high temperature tape, put high temp silicone over that and then wrapped all of the nearby exhaust with lavawrap. These lines continue to melt at the entry point to the wastegate (this is the 3rd time). Only happens at the dragstrip after successive runs. I'm now wondering if they could be melting from the inside? Anyone have this happen? I was thinking of some type of hardline, but don't know how difficult it would be. I searched for previous posts on this but couldn't locate anything. Any suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Hellion twin turbo setup with a boostleash. I'm having an ongoing problem with the nylon pushlock tubing in the wastegates (came with the boostleash) melting during dragstrip outings. I've wrapped the lines in high temperature tape, put high temp silicone over that and then wrapped all of the nearby exhaust with lavawrap. These lines continue to melt at the entry point to the wastegate (this is the 3rd time). Only happens at the dragstrip after successive runs. I'm now wondering if they could be melting from the inside? Anyone have this happen? I was thinking of some type of hardline, but don't know how difficult it would be. I searched for previous posts on this but couldn't locate anything. Any suggestions appreciated.
Look into this companies products. Select your size and material. Or zip tie lines away from hotside and headers. Mine melted as well when I first installed the kit as I have seen others with same problem. Been running kit for year and a half. https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...=automotive&sprefix=dei,automotive,162&sr=1-5

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Not just you brother. I am currently experiencing melting lines with my top mount kit. I have the pushlock lines wrapped in a msd heat sleeve and the heat wrap...they melt quick. I also run a c02 tank for boost control. I am going to try ptfe lines now..I will let u know what happens.

OP
OP

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been running my kit almost four years. Rubber vacuum lines wrapped in heat tape. Not one issue.
Thanks for the responses. Dennis, what type of rubber hose is it? Are they running extremely close to the exhaust or O2 sensors? How are they secured to the wastegates? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

OP
OP

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran into that same issue and switched to 4an braided stainless steel.

Summit sells the 4an adapters and I used fast-turbo for the lines. Just measure your existing lines to see what lengths you need.

http://www.fast-turbo.com/4an-female-to-female/
B0FCBDA5-22F2-45EF-937E-1AEACE9C5955.jpeg
E388D1C3-3DF1-4F02-80A9-069C08303EBB.jpeg
17204DCB-889C-41A6-80F4-F06C3B3F1BF8.jpeg
Thanks for that info. That looks like a solid setup and what I was picturing for hardlines. I'm thinking I could use something like that right off the wastegates and tie it into the rest of the nylon lines further away where they aren't affected by the heat.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for that info. That looks like a solid setup and what I was picturing for hardlines. I'm thinking I could use something like that right off the wastegates and tie it into the rest of the nylon lines further away where they aren't affected by the heat.
My hard lines go all the way to the solenoid.
35ED1F30-FB6A-478E-A604-4D941AC03503.jpeg

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Thanks for the responses. Dennis, what type of rubber hose is it? Are they running extremely close to the exhaust or O2 sensors? How are they secured to the wastegates? Thanks in advance.
Standard vacuum line hoses from auto parts store wrapped in heat tape. I’ll see if i can’t get some pics.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
if the lines are only melting where they are connected to the wastegate then it sounds like the wastegate is getting hot.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I ran into that same issue and switched to 4an braided stainless steel.

Summit sells the 4an adapters and I used fast-turbo for the lines. Just measure your existing lines to see what lengths you need.

http://www.fast-turbo.com/4an-female-to-female/
B0FCBDA5-22F2-45EF-937E-1AEACE9C5955.jpeg
E388D1C3-3DF1-4F02-80A9-069C08303EBB.jpeg
17204DCB-889C-41A6-80F4-F06C3B3F1BF8.jpeg
Ive always run auto parts store rubber lines without any issue, but boy those sure are nice! I might have to check that out.

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Added dumps on the wastegate and hard lines throughout for my c02 tank and vacuum...had some serious melting issues.
Resized_20200515_133709.jpeg
Sponsored