Sponsored

2019 vortech install - need help with vaccum lines to booster and fuel regulators

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello - I'm in the middle of installing my v3 jt on my car. Have a quick question after coming up short on a search for my specific question.

I'm not running the supplied air intake kit, just a stubby on the head u it. I am eliminating the 4 port vaccum block on top of the throttle body.

My first question is, do I hook the brake booster to the port on the manifold in line with where the original was ( this is the line with the check valve in line ) or to the top of manifold next to the evap port?

2nd question- I assume I can "splice" in a vaccum block in between the brake booster and the port designated in my first question? If so, should I retain the in line check valve from the factor or relay on the brake boosters check valve? The vaccum block is to manage twin fuel regs. And a hobbs switch for the 3rd fuel pump.

Any help is appreciated as I stand in the garage.
20200716_121944.jpg
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Hello - I'm in the middle of installing my v3 jt on my car. Have a quick question after coming up short on a search for my specific question.

I'm not running the supplied air intake kit, just a stubby on the head u it. I am eliminating the 4 port vaccum block on top of the throttle body.

My first question is, do I hook the brake booster to the port on the manifold in line with where the original was ( this is the line with the check valve in line ) or to the top of manifold next to the evap port?

2nd question- I assume I can "splice" in a vaccum block in between the brake booster and the port designated in my first question? If so, should I retain the in line check valve from the factor or relay on the brake boosters check valve? The vaccum block is to manage twin fuel regs. And a hobbs switch for the 3rd fuel pump.

Any help is appreciated as I stand in the garage.
20200716_121944.jpg
Your cars not gonna like that hot air intake you’re creating by sticking a filter on the inlet of the SC. You’re taking hot underhood air, compressing it and making it even hotter and expecting your heat exchanger to pick up the slack. It won’t. You’re creating less power right out of the box.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your cars not gonna like that hot air intake you’re creating by sticking a filter on the inlet of the SC. You’re taking hot underhood air, compressing it and making it even hotter and expecting your heat exchanger to pick up the slack. It won’t. You’re creating less power right out of the box.
I run a filter off of the blower inlet, and open blower on the track. I've seen an increase of 60-70hp without the intake elbow.

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
I run a filter off of the blower inlet, and open blower on the track. I've seen an increase of 60-70hp without the intake elbow.
Did you install a clean side catch can or just use a breather and cap off the vacuum line on the drivers side?

OP
OP
JDUBU

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did you install a clean side catch can or just use a breather and cap off the vacuum line on the drivers side?
I have a breather on the driver side and gutted the pcv on passenger side. The PCV port on the passenger side ( where my jlt catch used to connect to) is capped.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That vac line is just venting to atmosphere, I guess you could cap it, but its not harming anything that I can see. I wouldnt even know what size to look for.

I'm running a driver side breather, and passenger side catch can for pcv. The catch can also has a breather.
Sponsored

Last edited: