Help with transmission lines on hellion sleeper kit

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did anyone have a hard time bending transmission lines when installing hellion sleeper kit?
Sponsored

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I just got done installing this kit on my car in the last couple weeks. The transmission lines were impossible to bend/move, even after i took off 2 brackets on the passenger side. I could barely get the turbo mounted and there was no way in the world to get the elbow on for the air filter and had to put the filter right on the turbo barely which sucks. It was the only thing I couldnt get right. Just push the lines up it says on their laughable instructions, yeah right.
If you have any questions please ask, I can probably give you better advice doing it once than their error ridden info they provide. They are helpful on the phone but the instructions need a lot of work.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I might just cut the lines and route them in an line. I have them bent enough to get turbo on but I was worried about filter. I would love to hear any other issues u had. I am trying to decide where I want to mount solenoids too.

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I might just cut the lines and route them in an line. I have them bent enough to get turbo on but I was worried about filter. I would love to hear any other issues u had. I am trying to decide where I want to mount solenoids too.
Yeah, that might be the way to do it. I hate having my air filter just on the end of the turbo as its low and exposed but short of redoing the lines or bending them somehow i dont see a clear way. Issues are the instructions had some steps out of order or had a real lack of description for some things. Just an extra sentence here or there would have saved me hours, easy.
My biggest mistake was getting the base turbos which are watercooled. I didnt know this until i got em weeks later after ordering. They will work but complicate the install a hell of a lot more. I would advise anyone to upgrade to the oil cooled only Precisions without question. The base turbos add 14 different water connections that you have to do/worry about leaking. Pain in the ass to get it all lined up right/clocked etc.
Other issues i had were missing bolts/ hardware, supplied hoses too short or just barely can make fit with poor routing. Oil pump inlet and outlets were marked different than theirs in the photo, had to call and they said it doesnt matter. Just little, stupid things that chewed up time and created aggravation.
Any questions, just hit me up.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just got done installing this kit on my car in the last couple weeks. The transmission lines were impossible to bend/move, even after i took off 2 brackets on the passenger side. I could barely get the turbo mounted and there was no way in the world to get the elbow on for the air filter and had to put the filter right on the turbo barely which sucks. It was the only thing I couldnt get right. Just push the lines up it says on their laughable instructions, yeah right.
If you have any questions please ask, I can probably give you better advice doing it once than their error ridden info they provide. They are helpful on the phone but the instructions need a lot of work.
Hello.

The lines are steel and need more effort than some aluminum lines. With the car up in the air the lines can be pushed in and allow enough room for both the turbo and the air cleaner. If they are not moved enough it will make it more difficult to install the air filter. We use a 2017 GT auto for our shop testing and have the lines out of the way for all turbos including our base cast units. We update the instructions regularly to add images of different vehicles and/or steps to ease the install.

We are very proud of this system and its ease of installation for the results it brings to the track and dyno. Lebanon Ford offers it as one of the top options on their new builds.

If anyone has any questions please contact us.

Team Hellion

Sponsored

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hello.

The lines are steel and need more effort than some aluminum lines. With the car up in the air the lines can be pushed in and allow enough room for both the turbo and the air cleaner. If they are not moved enough it will make it more difficult to install the air filter. We use a 2017 GT auto for our shop testing and have the lines out of the way for all turbos including our base cast units. We update the instructions regularly to add images of different vehicles and/or steps to ease the install.

We are very proud of this system and its ease of installation for the results it brings to the track and dyno. Lebanon Ford offers it as one of the top options on their new builds.

If anyone has any questions please contact us.

Team Hellion
I undid both brakets on that side and pushed them out of the way as hard as i could possibly push and there is still not room in there. I could barely get the air filter on the turbo itself on because of the line interference. You guys make it seem like a gentle breeze will make room and thats flat out wrong.
I have a 6r80 car

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I undid both brakets on that side and pushed them out of the way as hard as i could possibly push and there is still not room in there. I could barely get the air filter on the turbo itself on because of the line interference. You guys make it seem like a gentle breeze will make room and thats flat out wrong.
I have a 6r80 car
Hello.

We have a 2017 6r80 car here as we speak. There is definitely enough room once the line is moved. It may take some effort but it is definitely possible. Please see attached image of the line on our test vehicle once moved.

We are sorry it was difficult in your case, but it is a normal installation procedure.

We are here to help and assist if you need any future input.

Team Hellion
DSCN0071 (640x480).jpg
DSCN0072 (640x480).jpg

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hello.

We have a 2017 6r80 car here as we speak. There is definitely enough room once the line is moved. It may take some effort but it is definitely possible. Please see attached image of the line on our test vehicle once moved.

We are sorry it was difficult in your case, but it is a normal installation procedure.

We are here to help and assist if you need any future input.

Team Hellion
DSCN0071 (640x480).jpg
DSCN0072 (640x480).jpg
Well, I see what you have there but ive pushed on them as hard as i physically could and couldnt make enough room. Next step is a 2x4 the BFH i guess..

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Save yourself the hassle and reroute them with a few AN fittings and braided line to/from the cooler.

Performance Automatic part No PA68505 6r80 fittings for custom lines.

3194-AE62-C544-4-F8-C-A297-F99-EDD62-C56-F.jpg

36-AE3245-6794-42-D8-9-BA7-CF174820-DD6-C.jpg

4-D017-E5-D-4-E08-4-A42-94-F8-DE3-C5-A96-DBD7.jpg

7-BEC41-FF-EFFD-46-A8-8664-5-B6280764213.jpg

A4-E4-DDEB-3337-45-D2-8431-4-C3194-E8-C560.jpg

C7994-A26-DEA3-45-BF-9-CAE-9-FF7-A3-D0-C444.jpg

F2-AB45-CA-45-BC-40-BA-BC47-3-B71-D24-BEB88.jpg

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I ran steel braided lines. Used a bolt cutter to cut out the stockers. Power By The Hour sells a kit.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thanks for the headsup, this is likely what ill have to do for my sanity
No prob. The PBH kit is $500 which is absurd.

Just buy these PA fittings I have posted above along with a -8AN hose and fitting kit from Amazon and call it done.

Save yourself over $300 in the process.

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Yeah, that might be the way to do it. I hate having my air filter just on the end of the turbo as its low and exposed but short of redoing the lines or bending them somehow i dont see a clear way. Issues are the instructions had some steps out of order or had a real lack of description for some things. Just an extra sentence here or there would have saved me hours, easy.
My biggest mistake was getting the base turbos which are watercooled. I didnt know this until i got em weeks later after ordering. They will work but complicate the install a hell of a lot more. I would advise anyone to upgrade to the oil cooled only Precisions without question. The base turbos add 14 different water connections that you have to do/worry about leaking. Pain in the ass to get it all lined up right/clocked etc.
Other issues i had were missing bolts/ hardware, supplied hoses too short or just barely can make fit with poor routing. Oil pump inlet and outlets were marked different than theirs in the photo, had to call and they said it doesnt matter. Just little, stupid things that chewed up time and created aggravation.
Any questions, just hit me up.
I did go with the precision turbos so no water lines to deal with. I am concerned the oil drain hose is too short as well but I have not tried it yet.

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I did go with the precision turbos so no water lines to deal with. I am concerned the oil drain hose is too short as well but I have not tried it yet.
Smart play getting those turbos. Had i known ahead of time I would have done the same for sure. I had to go buy a few new pieces of hoses myself because the ones they supplied werent long enough, one being the oil hoses.
Sponsored