Sponsored

Need help picking options, preparing to order....

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Ok, I've never bought a new car before, and never owned a Mustang before (or Camaro/Firebird, or Challenger, or even a Javelin if we want to really include all the pony cars). I want to have all my ducks in a row and know exactly what I want before I go in and order.

So, help me pick some options. Wait, dammit, not only am I not 100% sure what color I want yet, I also don't know what I'm starting with.

I know this for absolute certainty:

• I want automatic
  • I want a GT
  • I want spoiler delete
I know I'd like to have the option of the 3.31:1 with the automatic, and it used to be offered, but why is it a manual-only thing now, leaving me with 3.15:1 or 3.55:1 and no middle ground? That seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

I would prefer to avoid the Premium Package if at all possible, because I do NOT like leather, nor the heated/cooled seat nonsense. I'm here to drive a fast car, not get a spa treatment.

Ok, here's the first question: What *am* I starting with? I'm looking at the brochure, and on page 19 of the PDF there's a list of specifications, and standard features.

Then the EcoBoost says: "Includes select V6 features, plus:"

Then the GT says: "Includes select EcoBoost features, plus:"

(aside, I think it's hilarious that a misprint shows the GT performance package having 275/40R14 tires!)

Yeah, so the GT comes with the Standard Features, plus SOME EcoBoost features, and by implication, SOME of the V6 features.

Uh, yeah, ok, so WHICH of those features? If I was looking at a GT that had NO options whatsoever on top of the most basic GT, what would I be looking at that came from the V6 and EcoBoost, but isn't mentioned specifically?

From there, I guess I'll have to start figuring out what I want!

(oh, and I suppose I should get my butt in gear and join the Mustang Club of America, so that in 60 days I'll be eligible for the X-plan, if I'm understanding correctly how that works)
Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Never mind...options are limited anyway. If it's a DD, keep the 3.15 gears. If not, get the 3.55.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I say just tick all the options available for the base and be done with it. All we're talking about is 3.55 gears, reverse sensing, enhanced security, spoiler delete, foundry wheels, and spare tire set.

Sounds like you're a no-frills kind of person. Keep it low key with white, guard, or silver.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea once you choose an engine and the base model I feel like only real consideration is color and gears. I'd go Guard if I was you, I did :)

Don't let anyone give you ish about the auto trans btw. I remote start as I'm walking up just because I can :)

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Ok, I've never bought a new car before, and never owned a Mustang before (or Camaro/Firebird, or Challenger, or even a Javelin if we want to really include all the pony cars). I want to have all my ducks in a row and know exactly what I want before I go in and order.

So, help me pick some options. Wait, dammit, not only am I not 100% sure what color I want yet, I also don't know what I'm starting with.

I know this for absolute certainty:

• I want automatic
  • I want a GT
  • I want spoiler delete
I know I'd like to have the option of the 3.31:1 with the automatic, and it used to be offered, but why is it a manual-only thing now, leaving me with 3.15:1 or 3.55:1 and no middle ground? That seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

I would prefer to avoid the Premium Package if at all possible, because I do NOT like leather, nor the heated/cooled seat nonsense. I'm here to drive a fast car, not get a spa treatment.

Ok, here's the first question: What *am* I starting with? I'm looking at the brochure, and on page 19 of the PDF there's a list of specifications, and standard features.

Then the EcoBoost says: "Includes select V6 features, plus:"

Then the GT says: "Includes select EcoBoost features, plus:"

(aside, I think it's hilarious that a misprint shows the GT performance package having 275/40R14 tires!)

Yeah, so the GT comes with the Standard Features, plus SOME EcoBoost features, and by implication, SOME of the V6 features.

Uh, yeah, ok, so WHICH of those features? If I was looking at a GT that had NO options whatsoever on top of the most basic GT, what would I be looking at that came from the V6 and EcoBoost, but isn't mentioned specifically?

From there, I guess I'll have to start figuring out what I want!

(oh, and I suppose I should get my butt in gear and join the Mustang Club of America, so that in 60 days I'll be eligible for the X-plan, if I'm understanding correctly how that works)
My question to you is how far are you from Holman Ford in Turnersville, NJ and have you looked at any in person?

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Please don't get the foundry wheels, the first thing I thought when I saw them on the street was "god, those wheels look like trash." I was shocked to see a pony on them. Maybe they would look better on a color other than black but based on my first reaction I would never recommend them.

That said if you are getting an auto and you aren't getting premium there really aren't any options. 3.55's and enhanced security pack are both a good bang for your buck. Neither of my Mustangs were able to have a spare tire and I have not needed one yet either so I can't really voice much on the spare tire other than I haven't ever been in need of one to regret not being able to have one.

All the options I would really recommend you pretty much eliminated but I'll drop my recommended picks here anyway.

- GT Premium
It has a better looking rear end, the toggle switches(and the modes that accompany them), much better looking radio(all those buttons on the base :headbonk:), all the other options it enables.

- Performance Pack
Best bang for your buck upgrade on the '15, everything in the package is worth while

-Premier Trim and Color Accent Package
It's so cheap and the white stitching looks really good. The soft touch surfaces are really nice as well.

-Enhanced Security Pack
It's so cheap and even if you don't use the lug nuts the locking center console and extra alarm functions are worth it.

It sounds like you pretty much have your car decided though. Enjoy the ride!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I got the base auto with 3.55, recaro seats and spoiler delete, outside of the security option there is not much else unless you get a premium. The premium is a good value though.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
From New Jersey and think heated seats are nonsense. Interdasting.

When I look at the order guide here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8257

It clearly states the:
- base ecoboost includes ALL V6 content (I read content to = base features)
- premium ecoboost includes ALL base ecoboost content
- base GT includes ALL base ecoboost content
- premium GT includes ALL base GT content

And no typo on the PP wheels. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
My question to you is how far are you from Holman Ford in Turnersville, NJ and have you looked at any in person?
Less than 10 minutes, and yes.

In fact, seeing a few in person is what's made picking the color the hardest thing... some colors I thought I'd like don't look as good in person, and some that I thought I'd hate look better when I saw them! If you'd've asked me a few months back, I'd've said "no way" to either Ruby Red or Triple Yellow, and now I'm seriously considering them.

Please don't get the foundry wheels, the first thing I thought when I saw them on the street was "god, those wheels look like trash." I was shocked to see a pony on them. Maybe they would look better on a color other than black but based on my first reaction I would never recommend them.
I saw them and liked them - but it was on a triple-yellow, if I recall. Or blue? Memory's a bit foggy.

I'm definitely going to look at your breakdown of the options a little more closely when I have time.

All, I definitely appreciate the views, opinions, guidance, etc. Now if only I could order the Ford Racing by Borla touring exhaust from the factory! I've heard nothing but good things about that so far.

EDIT: I'll probably add a few more thoughts and questions as time permits..

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Here you go:

2015 GT Premium
Automatic Transmission (you cannot get PP with Auto)
Equipment Group 400A
Enhanced Security Package
Reverse Park Assist
Premier Trim with Color Accent
Spoiler Delete
3.55 Limited Slip Differential

MSRP will be just about $39,955. You should pay about $38,600. Good luck.

mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Not true. I signed up for MCA and had my X-Plan pin in an email that day.

You have to have a membership that lasts at least that long. You do not have to have been a member for that long. Make sense?

And as far as the car, like others have said, not much to choose from on the base. A couple of the things are pretty cheap, like security/accent/trim package so go ahead and toss those in if you like how they look. If you're pinching pennies, do the Auto GT w/o spoiler and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Yea once you choose an engine and the base model I feel like only real consideration is color and gears. I'd go Guard if I was you, I did :)

Don't let anyone give you ish about the auto trans btw. I remote start as I'm walking up just because I can :)
Somewhere on the forum is a Guard with foundry wheels. It looks sharp!

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Less than 10 minutes, and yes.

In fact, seeing a few in person is what's made picking the color the hardest thing... some colors I thought I'd like don't look as good in person, and some that I thought I'd hate look better when I saw them! If you'd've asked me a few months back, I'd've said "no way" to either Ruby Red or Triple Yellow, and now I'm seriously considering them.

I saw them and liked them - but it was on a triple-yellow, if I recall. Or blue? Memory's a bit foggy.

I'm definitely going to look at your breakdown of the options a little more closely when I have time.

All, I definitely appreciate the views, opinions, guidance, etc. Now if only I could order the Ford Racing by Borla touring exhaust from the factory! I've heard nothing but good things about that so far.

EDIT: I'll probably add a few more thoughts and questions as time permits..
I know what you mean. I wanted Black at first and I wasn't sure about CO because most of the pictures the coloring was off a bit. After seeing CO in person w/PP I was convinced. The one color that shocks me the most is the Ruby Red. Down right AMAZING when clean. In my area every color is running around except for TY that I've seen thus far.

The dealership should be able to order the Ford Racing Touring exhaust and install for you. My dealership sent me an email in writing the Ford Racing Touring exhaust will not void my warranty and cost $170 to install.
Sponsored