Sponsored

What options to order?

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT Premium, Oxford White
Hi gang, I traded my 2015 mustang gt in late 2017, haven’t had one since. Considering ordering a 2020 gt premium. Wanted opinions about which options are must have and which ones to steer clear of. Leaning towards 6speed manual, but wanted to hear real world experiences with the automatic. All my previous mustangs have been manual. Dealer offered invoice price and a fair trade value for current vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ILStang

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently have a fully optioned lariat f-150. I’ve grown quite accustomed to all the creature comforts, so a premium 401a is a must. Won’t be tracking or drag racing the car other than stoplight to stoplight. I doubt the pp is really a need for me? Not a fan of black wheels, will probably get the optional 20’s that are silver.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Mikthehun1 covered it very well. It all comes down to your needs for the car. Ultimately what you want out of it. Is it a weekend cruiser?Mod car? Race car? Daily driver? The more time you spend in it, the more i'd highly recommend the 401A package. It really transforms it into a very nice place to spend your time, and all the fun stuff to play around with. I have it, and couldn't be without it now.

Let us know your plans or your thoughts on each option individually, and i'm sure we can all come up some feedback/opinions for you.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
As others have said - it depends on what you want out of your car. My Mustang is not quite a daily driver, meaning I don't need to drive it everyday but I drive it everyday I can because it is so much fun. After having a highly modified Marauder that is very unique and a joy to drive (when it it running fine) its nice to have a stock dependable car with good enough performance. I never thought I'd buy an automatic mustang but for where I am in life the stop light to stop light feel was more fun than the manual.

As for the options seeing you are in Illinois, this is the first car I ever owned with a heated steering wheel. I will never get another car without it. I have the 401A, wasn't sure I'd like the digital dash but have come to love it, I like having the Safe & Smart package, I can turn it off and on I as a prefer. I'm fine with the B&O but many say its not worth the money. To me the active exhaust is a must - I love it. I also have the 3.55s as I have no plans to go forced induction. I really couldn't tell the difference between cars with the 3.15s and the 3.55 I thin that says just how good the 10 speed transmission behaves. Mine came with the spare and I suggest that too on these Illinois roads. I got the black out package as well and I like the looks of 19" rims that came with it.

The one item I wish the car had (but since I don't have it I can't tell how much I really miss it) is magneride. I bought my 2019 used so I had to settle in some ways. The only cars I test drove with magneride were GT350s so its hard to compare that ride to a GT convertible (the 350 was fantastic - drove like a dream). Without driving a GT with magneride to compare to one without it I can't tell you what a difference it would make. I won't be tracking my car and so far I love the way the car rides - my wife loves the ride as well as compared to my Marauder and 911 for what it is worth.

Not sure where you are in Illinois but if you want to take my car for a spin you are welcome to.

OP
OP
ILStang

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the replies. This will be my daily driver and we get snow....I’ve daily driven previous mustangs here. The 401a and active exhaust are both a must have for me. Really kind of torn on manual or automatic, but kind of leaning automatic at the moment.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Thanks for all the replies. This will be my daily driver and we get snow....I’ve daily driven previous mustangs here. The 401a and active exhaust are both a must have for me. Really kind of torn on manual or automatic, but kind of leaning automatic at the moment.
Everything that is not nailed down.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I love the 10-speed automatic, drag mode is indescribable! Especially after having installed the Steeda Stop-The-Hop kit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ILStang

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do y’all get tunes or is it not necessary?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Go drive them both. Buy the one that whispers sweet nothings in you ear. And since you already have an A10 in the F150 the M6 could be a lot of fun.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Hi gang, I traded my 2015 mustang gt in late 2017, haven’t had one since. Considering ordering a 2020 gt premium. Wanted opinions about which options are must have and which ones to steer clear of. Leaning towards 6speed manual, but wanted to hear real world experiences with the automatic. All my previous mustangs have been manual. Dealer offered invoice price and a fair trade value for current vehicle.

Fair $$$$ for trade sounds great. Useless options for me are the wheel locks. the CD player I don’t plan on using but I think it’s standard.

good luck on search you should be looking to get 15% or 20% off sticker if you are able to pick up a leftover 2019!

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Useless options for me are the wheel locks. the CD player I don’t plan on using but I think it’s standard
The wheels locks are just one part of the security system. Useless depends on where you live. The CD player only comes with the B&O system. I have and like it but others would rather build their own audiophile system.

good luck on search you should be looking to get 15% or 20% off sticker if you are able to pick up a leftover 2010!
I think you can do better than 20% on a leftover 2010. :cwl:

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'd wait until the 2021 order banks open up in March/April.
Sponsored