• Put the OEM's back on

Votes: 64 94.1%

• Total voters

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
For me, i prefer the Foundry wheels, but i do understand about the width issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Martman GT

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Wasn't knocking it, just wanted to see if their was a story behind it. You are free to do whatever you want. Thanks for the response.
No offense taken by either quote. I just thought I'd give some insight behind why I chose them. Everybody's got to do what makes them feel good IMO. There's no way you can always please everyone and you shouldn't even try. I know that what I've done isn't to everybody's taste, but that's what makes coming to this site fun. See what others are doing and share what you've done. :cheers:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I keep looking at aftermarket, but it keeps coming back to me that I really like the look of my stock 18" wheels. I feel you pain, and you know how I voted.

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
OP, will your decision really be based on the results of your poll?
Just curious. :shrug:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of either, that car is screaming for black wheels imo.

Terry :)

ThrillSeekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Edition
The bottom one's are a bit too bling for my personal tastes. Given the two options, I'd go back to OEM. Or, put them up for sale and invest in a 3rd set. Maybe matte or gloss black IMHO.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The aftermarket wheels are way too much flash for sure and the boss 302 has to go. You've probably been laughed at least a hundred times on the road with those boss rocker stripes. I say black wheels on that car and I'm not even a big black wheel fan.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
OEM Foundry wheels...without a doubt!
Sorry, but have to agree with a few others...the Boss 302 stripes have to go.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Stock wheels. Lose the Boss 302 decals and the over-the-top stripes and then wrap the roof black. Currently the design looks confused.

OP
OP
Martman GT

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Find some black PP take offs for a good price, then sell your stock and SVE wheels and use that money to pay for the new black PP wheels.

Black wheels would really look good with your yellow and black combination going on.

PS: Take off that Boss 302 decal. The only people that will even notice that are also the same ones that know its not a Boss 302. Stay real... It's a 5.0L, you're good.

OP, will your decision really be based on the results of your poll?
Just curious. :shrug:
I was already leaning towards going back to OEM, but thought I'd see if people thought I was crazy. Wasn't expecting all the hate on the Boss 302 Rocker stripe though.

Not a fan of either, that car is screaming for black wheels imo.

Terry :)
The aftermarket wheels are way too much flash for sure and the boss 302 has to go. You've probably been laughed at least a hundred times on the road with those boss rocker stripes. I say black wheels on that car and I'm not even a big black wheel fan.
I saw a TYT S550 at the local ford dealer with black wheels on it and in my opinion :barf:. I'm not trying to crap on anyone that's gone the black wheel route, just not my taste.

As for the rocker stripe, it's staying. I like it, and I don't really care if anyone laughs at me or my car because of it. The poll was about the wheels, not the rocker stripes or over the top stripes. I know that it's not everybody's taste and that's OK, I'm not asking you to put it on your car. I designed the car to my taste and it suits ME. I estimate by the number of compliments, stares, photos taken of the car and crowds that surround the car at the cars and coffee events that others appreciate what I have done as well. If you don't like it, that's OK too.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Foundry wheels.

No comment on the rocker decal.

People don't seem to complain that most Shelby's come with over the top stripes.

Enjoy your car!
Sponsored