NEED A DRIVER

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
OP its of course your money and your choice and if you are content with the purchase then you should keep it under whichever of the offered terms suit you the best.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That is the easy choice, how would you do without your DD?:angry:
I will have to agree with Bikeman315. Not sure why youā€™re buying from Vroom but I wouldnā€™t. Did you see the car before you bought it? How could you trade your car before you did. I would never buy a car without driving it knowing the history. Just my thoughts. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That is the easy choice, how would you do without your DD?:angry:
Well I have my wifeā€™s car and three kids with cars. :giggle: But if it was my only car and had to get somewhere Iā€™d either rent a car or Uber. I know itā€™s may be a financial hardship but it will be cheaper than keeping that car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
By the way, did you check under the hood an aftermarket CAI system? Another sign that itā€™s a tuned car.

Also if the car has any of the original warranties left getting a claim excepted on a modified car can be a real hassle.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Unhooked the battery and boom, new car, drives a ton better now. 66 GT 350 is hogging up the garage now but we'll get her jacked up tomorrow to see if the exhaust has been "customized "
Oh the tease . . . Mentions 66 GT350 in the post, but posts no pics! LOL! C'mon now... is it a real one, how long have you owned it?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Unless you know the guy who traded in the vehicle, no dealer is going to give a shit about what happened to the car before he got it, their only concern is how cheap they can buy it and how much they can resell it for.
yeah but you can drive it and see it first! you have no idea what your getting with Vroom. A highly modded usually beat on car that runs like shit might just show up.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Well I have my wifeā€™s car and three kids with cars. :giggle: But if it was my only car and had to get somewhere Iā€™d either rent a car or Uber. I know itā€™s may be a financial hardship but it will be cheaper than keeping that car.
Don't forget, you can always drive yo' Chevro-legs! šŸ˜›

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Just picked up 2019 PP1 w/active exhaust in the Atlanta area. I've had two other S550's with manual trans, this is my 1st 10 speed automatic. The trans feels messed up with shifts all over the place and the active exhaust feels like it makes a crazy drone from passenger floor board. I've Road raced cars all my life but not automatics. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area that's super familiar with these 2 options that could take the car for a test drive to tell me if this is normal. I have 7 days to kick this car back if I don't like it. THANKS
How many miles on car? Does it still have the active exhaust? You said it had headers and H pipe but didn't indicate whether the rest was stock. I cant imagine Vroom is not gonna bulk when they hear the price the dealer will charge to put it back to stock. I think people over react sometimes about buying a used car but I work on cars for a living so feel i can be a pretty good judge of its condition. To me, it all boils down to price vs condition. If it was a good deal for miles, condition, risk, and I can make it what I want then I would be happy with the purchase. Only you can answer those questions.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Vroom will likely pay what ever it takes, but donā€™t expect to get more out of them later on down the road. You have one shot at it on their dime. About a month ago I did about $7k in repairs on a vroom BMW 5 series, no questions asked. It was a similar situation, just bought the car. Vroom does not want the car back.

Sponsored

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Vroom will likely pay what ever it takes, but donā€™t expect to get more out of them later on down the road. You have one shot at it on their dime. About a month ago I did about $7k in repairs on a vroom BMW 5 series, no questions asked. It was a similar situation, just bought the car. Vroom does not want the car back.
If that is the case he would then have the aftermarket parts to sell and recoup some of the purchase price.

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Oh the tease . . . Mentions 66 GT350 in the post, but posts no pics! LOL! C'mon now... is it a real one, how long have you owned it?
I will have to agree with Bikeman315. Not sure why youā€™re buying from Vroom but I wouldnā€™t. Did you see the car before you bought it? How could you trade your car before you did. I would never buy a car without driving it knowing the history. Just my thoughts. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.
I'm extremely curious how you would find the history of a used vehicle at any car dealership, other than where it was previously registered.

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Thanks Mike for the advice, people on this forum assume that I'm some 17 yr old buying his first car and that I need to learn a lesson. I guess they think returning a car is like taking a pair of socks back to Walmart. My son in law's best friend is an attorney at the DA's office here and after talking with him yesterday, I'll be calling the Georgia Attorney General's office, Georgia Air Resource Board, and the Texas DMV. Apparently Georgia gets pretty passed about car dealers faking emissions results.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Mike for the advice, people on this forum assume that I'm some 17 yr old buying his first car and that I need to learn a lesson. I guess they think returning a car is like taking a pair of socks back to Walmart. My son in law's best friend is an attorney at the DA's office here and after talking with him yesterday, I'll be calling the Georgia Attorney General's office, Georgia Air Resource Board, and the Texas DMV. Apparently Georgia gets pretty passed about car dealers faking emissions results.
Good morning Jay. I think everyone is responding with the best of intentions. I know I am. We all feel bad that you got a car you love and it's not what you thought it was.

Unfortunately this whole online car buying system is so new that many people, experienced or otherwise, are surprised to find out what these dealers do and do not checkout. Most barely give a car the once over. It's up to the buyer to do a full inspection. The odds of your local car dealer putting a modified car on their lot is slim. Most will just wholesale them out. The online dealers do not care. The cost of repairing a modified car is built into their profit. So it all falls on the shoulders of you, the buyer. Not a great way to spend tens of thousands of hard earned dollars.

As far as emissions, does the car still have cats? That's the determining factor. Without them they have actually broken Federal law and should take it back with no penalties. Otherwise they need to replace the entire exhaust system from header to tip. Even if they do that you have the "tune" issue. If you have one it needs to be removed. but as we all know a tune never really goes away. That's where the warranty issue come into play.

A lot for you to consider. If you really love the car and are willing to go the hoops of getting it back to stock, good for you, go for it. If not, well you know. :like:

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Good morning Jay. I think everyone is responding with the best of intentions. I know I am. We all feel bad that you got a car you love and it's not what you thought it was.

Unfortunately this whole online car buying system is so new that many people, experienced or otherwise, are surprised to find out what these dealers do and do not checkout. Most barely give a car the once over. It's up to the buyer to do a full inspection. The odds of your local car dealer putting a modified car on their lot is slim. Most will just wholesale them out. The online dealers do not care. The cost of repairing a modified car is built into their profit. So it all falls on the shoulders of you, the buyer. Not a great way to spend tens of thousands of hard earned dollars.

As far as emissions, does the car still have cats? That's the determining factor. Without them they have actually broken Federal law and should take it back with no penalties. Otherwise they need to replace the entire exhaust system from header to tip. Even if they do that you have the "tune" issue. If you have one it needs to be removed. but as we all know a tune never really goes away. That's where the warranty issue come into play.

,A lot for you to consider. If you really love the car and are willing to go the hoops of getting it back to stock, good for you, go for it. If not, well you know. :like:
Would you be surprised if I told you this is the 5th car/truck that I've bought from Vroom. First four, no problem. Yes there have been a couple glitches but I've had that at dealerships too. Talking to a good friend who is upper level management at Hendricks, he said more organizations are leaning towards online selling. Think Amazon now and just 10 yrs ago. This car has 19k on it, so I go with the odds. Also when you buy used unless you're buying from a friend, you know that they've all been just driven to church on Sunday and kept in hermetically sealed garages. I also bought a 2007 S197 from a dealer that had the full Ford Racing suspension package. The service writer said they all came with Blue spring and swaybars šŸ˜‰
Sponsored