NEED A DRIVER

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just picked up 2019 PP1 w/active exhaust in the Atlanta area. I've had two other S550's with manual trans, this is my 1st 10 speed automatic. The trans feels messed up with shifts all over the place and the active exhaust feels like it makes a crazy drone from passenger floor board. I've Road raced cars all my life but not automatics. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area that's super familiar with these 2 options that could take the car for a test drive to tell me if this is normal. I have 7 days to kick this car back if I don't like it. THANKS
Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Unplug batt for 20min, reconnect, let it learn how you drive. i did it on mine and it made world of difference...

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Let it get up to temp as well.

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Have you looked under the car to see if your entire exhaust is factory stock? No H or X pipe, etc. Droning is not an issue with the factory active exhaust in any mode.
Agreed, very much sounds like it's been modified.

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Unplug batt for 20min, reconnect, let it learn how you drive. i did it on mine and it made world of difference...
Unhooked the battery and boom, new car, drives a ton better now. 66 GT 350 is hogging up the garage now but we'll get her jacked up tomorrow to see if the exhaust has been "customized "

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Have you looked under the car to see if your entire exhaust is factory stock? No H or X pipe, etc. Droning is not an issue with the factory active exhaust in any mode.
Excellent call on the modded exhaust, Long tube headers and a X pipe. Bought the car online from Vroom, I've had good luck with them, this is my fifth vehicle. Now we'll see how the 7 day return policy works. Exhaust is leaking in 3 spots, appears to be a system from Texas Speed.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
Or, offer to swap LTH and X-pipe for stock. Sure someone in your area would go for that. Stock would have to be AE, as stock cat-back is one piece.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Excellent call on the modded exhaust, Long tube headers and a X pipe. Bought the car online from Vroom, I've had good luck with them, this is my fifth vehicle. Now we'll see how the 7 day return policy works. Exhaust is leaking in 3 spots, appears to be a system from Texas Speed.
I'd be sending it back if it were mine. Car would have to be tuned for the headers. Cats could be gutted too but hard to say. Use your money on an unmolested car.

Its one thing to choose to buy a modified car and another to discover its been modified.

Sponsored

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
I'd be sending it back if it were mine. Car would have to be tuned for the headers. Cats could be gutted too but hard to say. Use your money on an unmolested car.

Its one thing to choose to buy a modified car and another to discover its been modified.
Yep, this! Plus most automatics were used for drags, no telling how hard life it's had, launches, etc. and various other setups done wrong. Start fresh IMO.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
These places ask no questions and buy sight unseen. I would never by a Mustang from them. Dudes dump and run with them.

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Well, according to Vroom, there's 3 choices . Take it to a dealer and let them put stock pieces on it and they will pay for it plus a rental. Swap for one of their other vehicles, but they hit your credit again with another hard inquiry on my credit to finance. Third is they take the car back , return my down payment less the $250 hold money. At that point I start the search again, and I have to do it without a car because I traded in my F150 and they don't want to give that up.
Any time you buy a PP1 car it's a roll of the dice on how it was used, for that matter I've seen plenty of non PP1 cars flogged also,.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, according to Vroom, there's 3 choices . Take it to a dealer and let them put stock pieces on it and they will pay for it plus a rental. Swap for one of their other vehicles, but they hit your credit again with another hard inquiry on my credit to finance. Third is they take the car back , return my down payment less the $250 hold money. At that point I start the search again, and I have to do it without a car because I traded in my F150 and they don't want to give that up.
Any time you buy a PP1 car it's a roll of the dice on how it was used, for that matter I've seen plenty of non PP1 cars flogged also,.
Option #3. Consider the $250 as tuition in Vroom University.

OP
OP

lakeside

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
These places ask no questions and buy sight unseen. I would never by a Mustang from them. Dudes dump and run with them.
Unless you know the guy who traded in the vehicle, no dealer is going to give a shit about what happened to the car before he got it, their only concern is how cheap they can buy it and how much they can resell it for.
Sponsored