Sponsored

Navigation?

SeaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0
You all need to learn to use your phones. I wouldnt use some clunky touchscreen gps let alone pay 700 for it. I mean I literally tell my phone where I want to go and it does everything else in one quarter the time

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You all need to learn to use your phones. I wouldnt use some clunky touchscreen gps let alone pay 700 for it. I mean I literally tell my phone where I want to go and it does everything else in one quarter the time
Clunky? Hmm yeah I can't take you serious. You must be a troll.

SeaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0
Clunky? Hmm yeah I can't take you serious. You must be a troll.

I say clunky for a very simple reason. Any nav you have to touch is relegated to clunky status for me after using google nav. I mean havng to go through menus and tap screens is so tediois. I just pick up my phone and say go to safeway or go to starbucks or go to x address and its already going. This stuff is old fashioned and worth 1/2 the price they sell it for.

Vapor08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No.

The payment service is just for Sync Services -- which gives you mapless turn-by-turn directions and which, frankly, I've never really found to be particularly useful.

The actual navigation system is there forever and you're fine. The only thing that you'll have to start paying for eventually -- I think five free years are included? -- is the Sirius satellite real-time traffic information.
You will have to by updated map SD cards from Ford if you want updated maps. The A5 card that just came out is still not as up to date as Google or other services.

You can shop around for prices but the updated maps cost around $100. No guarantee on how long their good for. If roads change then you'll need another card.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You will have to by updated map SD cards from Ford if you want updated maps. The A5 card that just came out is still not as up to date as Google or other services.

You can shop around for prices but the updated maps cost around $100. No guarantee on how long their good for. If roads change then you'll need another card.
In Northern Virginia my 2010 Challenger is using maps from 2008. I've had one on ramp that changed and confuses the GPS but the nifty common sense feature kicks in in by brain lol.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'd definitely get the navigation. Phone is cool and I love Google, but an all in one system is pretty sweet.

OP
OP
Maverick

Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I'm already used to using my phone for all my navigation given my Jeep has zero features let alone navigation. I just noticed that the MFT interface is divided into four sections and one of those sections is navigation, so given upgradable voice nav package I was wondering what would be there if I didn't fork out the extra $800.

bpang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WRX, '11 Forester and '15 Forester
Other than Tesla's system, I wouldn't spring for one on a car I was ordering from scratch.

None of the manufacturers are able to hot-fix or remotely update their systems. Improvements are sparse or non-existent for most of the worst models.

Would rather use my phone which is typically much more powerful but just sync the audio with the car. https://www.proclipusa.com/ makes some great mounting solutions.

Sponsored

Vapor08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm already used to using my phone for all my navigation given my Jeep has zero features let alone navigation. I just noticed that the MFT interface is divided into four sections and one of those sections is navigation, so given upgradable voice nav package I was wondering what would be there if I didn't fork out the extra $800.
Instead of saying Navigation in that quadrant it reads Information and you get a Digital compass. The area is used for giving directions (turn directions and current road info) if you use sync services and go to the quad display screen.

Vapor08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In Northern Virginia my 2010 Challenger is using maps from 2008. I've had one on ramp that changed and confuses the GPS but the nifty common sense feature kicks in in by brain lol.
I was on a nice 5 hour drive when the Nav was telling me there was an exit ramp on a four lane interstate that did not exist. The crossover was there, but no ramp. I had to keep driving for another 15 miles before I could hit a ramp and do a u-turn.

Sometimes the Nav works great and there are times that I find myself cussing that damn sync lady out :thumbsup:

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I was on a nice 5 hour drive when the Nav was telling me there was an exit ramp on a four lane interstate that did not exist. The crossover was there, but no ramp. I had to keep driving for another 15 miles before I could hit a ramp and do a u-turn.

Sometimes the Nav works great and there are times that I find myself cussing that damn sync lady out :thumbsup:
My wife calls her linda lol.

We haven't had any issues with navigation in any of our vehicles.

Actually, the only quirk we have found in the navigation in our fusion is that when freeways have dedicated car pool lane exits, the nav gives directions based on that rather than in the non-car pool lanes. Sometimes it's different and it took a min to figure out what was going on.
Sponsored