Nankang Tires

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I thought I would give some feedback on a recent tire purchase. I am using my 2018 GT and loving it especially with the Procharger I put on a month ago.

However summer tires are not meant to be used in less than 40F for the Falken 510s and 45F for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. Since I drive the car in cooler temps I decided to get some UHP A/S tires in 275/35-20.

I spent a good deal of time looking for the cheapest decent tire I could find in that size. I decided to try out a very cheap tire, the Nankang NS-25 UHP A/S in 275/35ZR-20 with a speed rating of 102 Y. I found out that Nankang is a Taiwan company that is fairly old, making car tires for 50 years. Since Taiwan is a modern company, unlike China, I decided to try them out. $113 each at Discount Tire.

Since I am pretty sure I am going to order a new Mach 1, I didn't want to spend too much cash on tires but needed an A/S tire.

They exceeded my expectations by a lot. Very quiet. Grip is really good. Look cool. A very worthy tire to consider and 1/2 the price of most name brands. Here are some photos:

nan 1.jpg
nan 2.jpg
nan 3.jpg
nan 4.jpg
nan 5.jpg
Sponsored

Robert 1029

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020 PP1
So I can get good grip off the line in a Stock 2020 PP1? No less than the Michelin?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I would say no less thatn the a/s3+. Of course not the PS4s.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I for one one am a brand snob and would never buy any tire aside from top 6 premium brands even though other tires may in cat be better.

Sad but true haha.
IMO in the last 4 or 5 years, the cheaper brands have really caught up. And by that I mean, a lot of these budget tires are perfectly fine for daily use. Gone are the days when they would last 8 seconds, or constantly fail from design deficiencies. There's still no comparison to the big boys on actual performance, but that's a given.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Nankang is a recognized brand in certain circles. It makes decent track tires (AR-1) and very decent TW200 tires (CR-1 now CR-S) and both are on pace with the best in those classes. I wouldn't consider it cheap junk just because you've never heard of it.

Also - OP - have you been to either China or Taiwan ? I think a visit would open your eyes to how modern each of them are.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Uh, I don't need my eyes opened. I know this already as I started the post. Re-read the original post if you will. By my comment that China is not modern I am referring to their treatment of human beings not ability to make products taught them by the west.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
It's important to use the same measures across the board.

Anyone that has 40,000 KM of 220 mph luxury train is doing something right haha.
If by "something right" you mean absolutely no concern for their workers' health and safety, yes.

China builds things the same way the pyramids were built, by sacrificing their workers.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
All I know is politics are off limits on this forum so I won't opine.

Fact 1: Pretty much everything I buy is Made in Italy or Germany or a local shop I can tour. I feel you man.

Fact 2: USA and Canada wiped out millions of indigenous and enslaved to death millions of Asians and Africans.

Fact 3: No well to do or advanced tribe or animal pack ever did it without abusing and enslaving others.
I agree, but the difference is, we're not still doing it.

Gary Roe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
BMX 3
I have used Michelin tires before but recently I already have used Nankang tires. I compared Michelin and Nankang tires after testing. It was quite a pleasant surprise that the Nankang AS1 was nearly on par with the Michelin Primacy 4 in braking distance. Both tires performed exceptionally well, with the Primacy 4 only stopping slightly 3 meters shorter than the AS1.
Sponsored

Last edited: