Sponsored

Nankang?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I have been hearing lot of people using these tires. I found out they are cheap. 146 something fr 19 inches.

They have pretty nice reviews as well.

Any idea about them?

Thanks
Appreciate it
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nankang? Really? Go to Tire Rack right now. Check out the Continental DW tires, which are on sale it seems. You will be set with a quality tire that works well.

OP
OP
berserker_sid

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
right now Nankang is 111. My question is it really worth it

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
With the exception of Mastercraft MC440, every cheapy tire I've ever bought has either worn faster than it should have (even against its mileage warranty), cupped, became loud, and/or been easy to damage from road imperfections. Your mileage may very.

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the saying "you get what you pay for" applies here, except with tires its amplified

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Spend a few bucks more for the Conti's they are a very good tire at a great price.
I bought them and am very happy. Would I like to brag that I bought MPSS yes, can I brag I saved couple hundred bucks and still got a great tire ..yes.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
I don't trust my life to "because it's cheap." I don't mess around with tires, brakes or wheels because if something goes wrong you run a much higher chance of dying.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Ive used them before their decent. Not the best but not bad either.
I've had similar experience with Nankang. They were 205/65-13. (This was on a ~1050kg 1974 Celica about ten years ago.)

They weren't as grippy as the tyres they replaced (but maybe that was just when they were new anyway...), but they balanced well, had no defects, didn't wear oddly or quickly, even had one plugged and it held up. That thing was a go-kart, lowered, poly bushings, adjustable sway bars, fat tyres (for the car's size) and light weight.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I've had similar experience with Nankang. They were 205/65-13. (This was on a ~1050kg 1974 Celica about ten years ago.)

They weren't as grippy as the tyres they replaced (but maybe that was just when they were new anyway...), but they balanced well, had no defects, didn't wear oddly or quickly, even had one plugged and it held up. That thing was a go-kart, lowered, poly bushings, adjustable sway bars, fat tyres (for the car's size) and light weight.
Ironically my buddy came by our shop and I totally forgot he has nankangs on his ride.

I was checking out the wear, they are doing pretty decent.
Sponsored