Sponsored

Name something on your Mustang that's working as designed and is really irritating.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The Advancetrac turns itself back on when I turn the car off. I hate it, I don’t ever want it. It’s obnoxious.
Honestly, if you are driving on the road and you notice it, then you are way over the limit. I'm sure the child / animal / tree around the corner will be delighted seeing you turn up at Mach 1 sideways :cwl:

On the track is different.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Honestly, if you are driving on the road and you notice it, then you are way over the limit. I'm sure the child / animal / tree around the corner will be delighted seeing you turn up at Mach 1 sideways :cwl:

I disagree.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
"Auto" dimming of the instrument lights which does not seem to have any manual override available. There is a tunnel on my usual route that is just long enough to trigger the logic such that the instruments lights go dim just as I exit the tunnel, which makes them unreadable for some time until the system recognizes that it's back in full sunlight and turns the brightness up again. I would cheerfully punch the Ford engineer responsible for this crap design in the face.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
4. The air recirculation turns itself off after a while.

I got rid of no. 1, 2 and 3 with ForScan. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a fix for no. 4 yet.

That’s strange. I’m pretty sure mine reverts to Auto and whatever temperature was previously set. I will check again the next time I’m in the car.
THIS!

During winter, I use the airflow to go towards my feet and within 10-15 minutes the recirculation turns off. Don't know what else to do.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I disagree.

Agree with Greg.

The number of times I see people complain about having to turn off traction control every time they start the car is a bit silly to me. Are you really trying to go 10/10ths every time you buy groceries? Why? Maybe if you truly lived in BFE with some amazing open roads, that might be halfway tenable, but I don't think that's usually the case.

Speaking from experience, even on the track, track mode (which doesn't entirely kill stability control) and sometimes even sport mode is more than sufficient to have fun and learn the limits of the car with a bit of a safety net. So why push those limits without a safety net on public roads?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
"Auto" dimming of the instrument lights which does not seem to have any manual override available. There is a tunnel on my usual route that is just long enough to trigger the logic such that the instruments lights go dim just as I exit the tunnel, which makes them unreadable for some time until the system recognizes that it's back in full sunlight and turns the brightness up again. I would cheerfully punch the Ford engineer responsible for this crap design in the face.

You can prevent that, but cannot remember how or where, found it 2 years ago.

Question are the headlights set for auto-on, I would turn that off and see if that will do it.

This seems to verify it
headlights on automatic, it turns them on (and the "night" version of inst panel lighting activates) sometimes just from clouds, or driving through shade. Even driving under a highway overpass can do it. It's too sensitive, and the only solution I know is to turn the headlights to off instead of auto.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
You can prevent that, but cannot remember how or where, found it 2 years ago.

Question are the headlights set for auto-on, I would turn that off and see if that will do it.

This seems to verify it
headlights on automatic, it turns them on (and the "night" version of inst panel lighting activates) sometimes just from clouds, or driving through shade. Even driving under a highway overpass can do it. It's too sensitive, and the only solution I know is to turn the headlights to off instead of auto.
You had my hopes up there for a sec as I think the cluster MyColor lighting is too dim at night, and way too dim at those in between day and night times.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You had my hopes up there for a sec as I think the cluster MyColor lighting is too dim at night, and way too dim at those in between day and night times.

I think My color bottom of the menu, ambient has a brightness level or in settings on the LCD.

That's it for me ...:champagne:

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Agree with Greg.

The number of times I see people complain about having to turn off traction control every time they start the car is a bit silly to me. Are you really trying to go 10/10ths every time you buy groceries? Why? Maybe if you truly lived in BFE with some amazing open roads, that might be halfway tenable, but I don't think that's usually the case.

Speaking from experience, even on the track, track mode (which doesn't entirely kill stability control) and sometimes even sport mode is more than sufficient to have fun and learn the limits of the car with a bit of a safety net. So why push those limits without a safety net on public roads?
I’m almost never at 10/10th of the cars ability when I drive on the street. Probably not on the track either. That’s not what it’s about. I expect the car to act a certain way and when the advancetrac kicks in out of no where and the car makes a very abrupt change, I don’t like it. I feel much more in control when the car does what I tell it to rather than when the car decides what to do. People act like I’m saying I need to slide around every corner between my house and the gym, that’s not what I’m saying. No one even asks me to clarify, they just assume.

I don’t want the car to make decisions for me, I don’t think it’s safe with the way I drive the car. You can agree, you can disagree, it is what it is. I don’t need or want judgement from people who have no idea who I am.

Or judge me, I don’t care really…

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’m almost never at 10/10th of the cars ability when I drive on the street. Probably not on the track either. That’s not what it’s about. I expect the car to act a certain way and when the advancetrac kicks in out of no where and the car makes a very abrupt change, I don’t like it. I feel much more in control when the car does what I tell it to rather than when the car decides what to do. People act like I’m saying I need to slide around every corner between my house and the gym, that’s not what I’m saying. No one even asks me to clarify, they just assume.

I don’t want the car to make decisions for me, I don’t think it’s safe with the way I drive the car. You can agree, you can disagree, it is what it is. I don’t need or want judgement from people who have no idea who I am.

I agree that the car should have a way to save the modes that the user desires, but I suppose there's too much liability for that to happen.

In my case I like having the advance trac on, since when I'm not trying to go ham, it can really save you from swapping ends in inclement weather for example. But I understand what you mean about preferring the dynamics to always stay the same with you staying in control.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

My point is just that I don't understand how the advancetrac could be kicking in that often if you're not driving at least a little bit cray cray. Especially in SoCal, where the weather is dry and warm all year round.

I guess it can be fun to kick the tail out a little bit with the gas when taking a turn around town, which is the tamest example I can think of, though I still don't feel there's many great opportunities to do that very safely, let alone on every drive.

I'm not tryna judge, I just don't want anymore of us to become the next Mustang-at-cars-and-coffee meme.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
My point is just that I don't understand how the advancetrac could be kicking in that often if you're not driving at least a little bit cray cray. Especially in SoCal, where the weather is dry and warm all year round.

I guess it can be fun to kick the tail out a little bit with the gas when taking a turn around town, which is the tamest example I can think of, though I still don't feel there's many great opportunities to do that very safely, let alone on every drive.

I'm not tryna judge, I just don't want anymore of us to become the next Mustang-at-cars-and-coffee meme.
Exactly

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Personally, I have nothing against the ESC part of AdvanceTrac, which I leave on all the time, but I do find the TC part irritating, and I always turn it off.
Sponsored