My Track Attack car had an issue

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I had 2-3 laps left on the final session which is the fastest of the day for sure. At that time the low oil pressure warning went off. I looked at the dial gauge and saw almost zero pressure so I got off the track....pretty bummed for sure.
I‘m going to make a call to find out what happened.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Another GT350 low oil pressure issue rears it's ugly head. Curious, how fast did you mange to get up too? And what year was the car?

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
That's interesting Fred. Back when I did Track Attack in 2016 in Utah (coincidentally my assigned car was a duplicate of your car's colors) I wrung the heck out of that car. I mean I beat on it having paid for the insurance! On my very last session we stopped in the pit area and a puddle of oil appeared around the front drivers side tire! The oil was fresh looking in color...it seemed like no big deal to them at all, they simply wheeled the car into the garage...I learned then the importance of filter torque lol! (Screw on filters for this generation of VooDoo).

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Another GT350 low oil pressure issue rears it's ugly head. Curious, how fast did you mange to get up too? And what year was the car?
I didn’t pay much attention to speed but when I did, just before braking after the longer straight I noticed 110 at first and by the time I was about done with my last session I did notice over 120.
They had us stay in third in the interior then shift to fourth around 7-7500K on the straights.
I certainly wasn’t the fastest guy out there, this was my first time. Oh ya, and I’m old ;-)

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
my track attack was at Charlotte when I was behind the instructor turn 2 going under the bridge average was 65/70 the bank my top was 120/125 on the instructor lap he let it eat 135 ish then it started to sprinkle.... it didn't phase him or the car we were the fastest group
Sponsored