Sponsored

Track Attack, my day in school

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just wanted to say to those that have not went to the Track Attack yet, but are scheduled to do so...it is a heck of a lot of fun. Still sorting through all of the pics they give you at the end of the day but wanted to share a couple from Sunday's day with the Shelbys.

2j3ftd2.jpg

1535i5y.jpg

my fav...the skid car.
2rpxwfc.jpg

I wasn't sure what to expect exactly but figured it would be the basics and it is....they do a really good job of keeping things moving so you are never bored or without something to do. Weather was extremely nice to us and never rained with the sun coming in and out of the clouds which kept air temps in the mid 60's during the day.

Car ran like a champ and didn't complain once. I'm happy that they kept them pretty close to stock so you could see how they do in "normal" trim. Hopefully as the classes go on they can give us a bit of feed back as to tire/pad/rotor wear on track or any other issues that might pop up.

They do use a Watson Eng. 4 pt bar with 4 pt harnesses in the cars which is nice, and they work with the stock seats. Maximum Motorsports caster/camber kit, SRF brake fluid and wheel studs is about all that is done. I was surprised to see no catch cans on the cars though. Not a real hot day so temps were not an issue. Max temps on my car were Oil 246 F, Diff 223 F, Trans 179 F, and if I remember right, water was around 205 F.

Instructors were cool, props to Dan for the flying lap at the end of the day.

Thanks to Ford for doing the car right and the support that goes along with it. :ford::thumbsup:
Sponsored

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
1535i5y.jpg

thanks for the new screen saver:thumbsup:

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What I am waiting for is the video from the #4 car ;):D

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
How does that #4 look in person? I'm hoping I don't regret the blue stripes I changed to on Magnetic vs. black I started off with. Good news, big worm can always fix. But these pics have me excited I made the right choice for me!

Cool Photos!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
How does that #4 look in person? I'm hoping I don't regret the blue stripes I changed to on Magnetic vs. black I started off with. Good news, big worm can always fix. But these pics have me excited I made the right choice for me!

Cool Photos!
I've actually seen this color combo twice locally and it looks good.

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Great pictures. Im excited for my go in a few weeks. Really want to try out the skid car

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Was the track time all lead/follow?
No. Only the first run was lead follow. Then it was individual/with 1 instructor ride along.

If I recall correctly, it was lead/follow, then the cones (normal/sport/track mode demo), then skid car, then heel/toe max braking followed by individual track, instructor ride along, and then individual.

I still have video that I haven't processed yet. But been very busy.

I wouldn't give it much thought. Day 1 in the 350 is very forgiving. The car makes it very easy. The hardest part is getting there. If on the right track lines, you can max perform the tires till they are chirping in a turn. Feel it out, by the end of the day you should know what you can and can't get away with. The final hot lap driven by the instructor should look closely to what you have learned throughout the day. My hot lap was in the rain. I couldn't believe how those tires held up and wouldn't let go of the track.

Day 2, if you opt for it, is a graduation and an extension of what you build on in day one. It is highly encouraged to opt for the boss 302. Be careful though, the racing slicks are not as forgiving as the super sports on the 350. They grab and hold, but have little warning when hey are aboût to let go.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Thank you for sharing these, one of my favorite things from the Boss 302 Track Attack was the USB full of photos.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Thanks for the great pics. Getting amp'd up for my turn in a week.

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
It was definitely a super experience! The brakes are truely awesome. They just never fade. You can have total confidence in them, lap after lap. Looking forward to some video, as my video of hot laps on the front straight didn't come out.

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Cool Photos!
I saw pics of it and thought...uhm no, but in person the car looked very cool.

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So anyone who buys a 350 through the dealer is eligible to go to the track attack?
Yes...should come with info or just go to the website and call in. You will need the dealer name and VIN of your car to sign up.
Sponsored