Sponsored

Had my first track day with the car, AT DAYTONA!!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Maybe!! He will be better buckled in next time. And it's Animal!
That's it... I am filing a complaint. If he was still alive Jim Henson would be furious.

You took the "savant" out of The Animal! :D

You do know G-forces isn't his thang... he's scared shytless! :eyebulge:
image.jpg

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Haha - I noticed he made it about a half lap before passing out!

It's always strong to do laps at Daytona. That is a fast track.

You going to put a roll bar in it for the harnesses?

Check out NASA FL - new and big 2017 schedule all over Florida, best sat night party too. :cheers::cheers:
No, no roll bar. The Schroth harnesses attach to the child seat anchor in the back.

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I never really liked HPS pads, I'm surprised you hold them in high regard when the stock 350 pads are so good and fade resistant.
I ran them in my Mach 1 for street and track duty and loved them. They got more grippy when they got hotter. The stock pads on these cars didn't have that "bite" I was expecting. The OEM pads on my former '16 GT 5.0 performance pack felt better in that department...

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I did a little review of the "road wrap" I put on the front of the car. Check it out..

[ame]

Sponsored

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
Please give me the details on how you got to track it in Daytona..... I live here and I didn't know they let people track there.
Check out Hooked on Driving or PDE. They have a HPDE going on for three days straight on December 9-11. I'm signed up. Hopefully my R will have the new engine installed by then, otherwise I will just run my Mazda MX-5 race car.

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Don't forget to turn left.

I don't know how many of you guys are on the GT350 owner's facebook page, but I posted there. I had my first track day with the Shelby at Daytona this weekend (not my first track day, I'm a Track Day Junkie!).

The car did great! I found the limits of the tires. When I have nothing else better to spend money on, I'll get another set of wheels for decent street tires, and put slicks on these OEM wheels. I miss the conti slicks I had on my 2004 Mach 1...

Reached a top speed of 160mph. It had more in it, but there was no need... It was also my son's first time as a passenger with me, as he's finally old enough to ride with me. He was excited. I captured his reaction to his first time on track.

The car handled amazing, but I wasn't *that* impressed with the stock brake pads. I ran Hawk HPS on my old Mach 1 and it felt more "grippy" than these did, especially when slowing down from 140mph to 70 to enter the bus stop turn...

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I ran them in my Mach 1 for street and track duty and loved them. They got more grippy when they got hotter. The stock pads on these cars didn't have that "bite" I was expecting. The OEM pads on my former '16 GT 5.0 performance pack felt better in that department...
Fwiw, Ford uses stock pads in the GT350s at their Ford Racing School in Utah, and during development, the stock pads didn't fade with professional drivers testing the car.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Looks like a fun track.

Rev it out……...

Sponsored
OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Fwiw, Ford uses stock pads in the GT350s at their Ford Racing School in Utah, and during development, the stock pads didn't fade with professional drivers testing the car.
I didn't experience fade, I just didn't get that "bite" in the pads I was expecting.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
original.jpg

Probably nobody running today...

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wow!!!

formoutofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby
my fav part was when the vette smoked you.. zzzzzzz not sure its the gear you need, seems like some lessons might push the tires farther.
Sponsored