My Supercharged 200 MPH build

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Got a start on the meth install. All hardware now in the boot (trunk for the yanks)

test fit
zmOv8AU.jpg

all in.
KtLYs2v.jpg

need to run the meth line to the engine bay and wire it all in. Hopefully tomorrow.
Come do mine when ur done :like:

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, it was Dyno day today to see if the winter work has paid off.

We had a few issues to start with, the dyno packs had been switched around so we had to swap them back. AET have 4 hub dynos, 2 are rated at 500lbft and the other 2 at 1000lbft. We had the 500's on by mistake. Then the battery went flat, then a wheel nut issue that was sorted by a quick trip to ford just up the road.

Finally we were able to do some pulls.

On the last dyno run the car pulled 638whp but the belt was slipping and power was dying off at about 6400rpm. A 2.8inch griptec has sorted the slip issue.

Today the car pulled from 688whp, 694 and 698 and managed a best of 704whp. Torque was from 610lbft up to 627lbft at the hubs. So the cheap ebay headers managed a nice gain of 66whp. The tune hasn't changed from the last time so this was a natural increase from having a free flowing exhaust system.

cIvkhIY.jpg

Elvington will be April i think now for a 200mph attempt. March is just looking to be too cold and wet to attempt.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Excellent work!

Very impressive numbers, I bet you're pleased with the fruits of your labour.

704 Wheel, Wow, luvin it!

:like: :rockon:

Edit:
You running your PBD tune?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent work!

Very impressive numbers, I bet you're pleased with the fruits of your labour.

704 Wheel, Wow, luvin it!

:like: :rockon:

Edit:
You running your PBD tune?
yes still with PBD tune. Very happy with Robs tuning and support. Won’t go else where now.

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small update.

When i did the top speed runs last year I noticed from seeing pictures afterwards that the bonnet was being lifted quite a lot on the front corners. Gap looked big enough to slide your hand in. I ordered a pair of Quiklatch QL38 hood pins to keep it down and prevent the lift and prevent the bonnet breaking lose. The QL38's are rated at 500lbs holding force each. These are the smaller version of what is factory fitted tot he new GT500.

Fitted them today. only took about an hour or so to do.

holes drilled, no turning back
TUZqQ0N.jpg

Perfect alignment
GoJYiOI.jpg

oAJlKsF.jpg

I filled down the edges and used a touch up paint to coat the bare metal.

Dropped in place to see how they look
gLL3P88.jpg

All done
ZZEO5lP.jpg

LtmMdtQ.jpg

I then decided it was time to fit the second catch can I have had sat on the bench for 6 months.
Nice and easy and also tidied up the engine bay a little bit. Swapped the odd silver bolt for black ones and removed the tabs off of the charge cooler housing.

Passenger catch can
RRVC6GD.jpg

Drivers side catch can emptied after a dyno session and 260 mile round trip to Telford. Swapped the mount bolt for a tidy allen bolt.
unrvCok.jpg

Just a full shot of the engine bay.
TavDlN1.jpg

Just waiting for good weather now for a top speed run.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Small update.

When i did the top speed runs last year I noticed from seeing pictures afterwards that the bonnet was being lifted quite a lot on the front corners. Gap looked big enough to slide your hand in. I ordered a pair of Quiklatch QL38 hood pins to keep it down and prevent the lift and prevent the bonnet breaking lose. The QL38's are rated at 500lbs holding force each. These are the smaller version of what is factory fitted tot he new GT500.

Fitted them today. only took about an hour or so to do.

holes drilled, no turning back
TUZqQ0N.jpg

Perfect alignment
GoJYiOI.jpg

oAJlKsF.jpg

I filled down the edges and used a touch up paint to coat the bare metal.

Dropped in place to see how they look
gLL3P88.jpg

All done
ZZEO5lP.jpg

LtmMdtQ.jpg

I then decided it was time to fit the second catch can I have had sat on the bench for 6 months.
Nice and easy and also tidied up the engine bay a little bit. Swapped the odd silver bolt for black ones and removed the tabs off of the charge cooler housing.

Passenger catch can
RRVC6GD.jpg

Drivers side catch can emptied after a dyno session and 260 mile round trip to Telford. Swapped the mount bolt for a tidy allen bolt.
unrvCok.jpg

Just a full shot of the engine bay.
TavDlN1.jpg

Just waiting for good weather now for a top speed run.
:clap::like:

loving it, you've probably mentioned before but where did you get your supercharger from? how did the tuning work did you upload the base tune from edelbrock and then get it professionally tuned or straight pro tune?

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:clap::like:

loving it, you've probably mentioned before but where did you get your supercharger from? how did the tuning work did you upload the base tune from edelbrock and then get it professionally tuned or straight pro tune?
I bought it through CJ Pony parts about a year ago when Edelbrock were selling off the 2300 kits.

I installed it then went with Edelbrocks tune but it was really bad. I then tried MAP as others on here said they were good. I wasn't happy, the car drove a bit better but still crap.

Then I got in touch with both Palm Beach Dyno & Lund. Lund would only tune if you bought specific parts that they liked where as PBD were happy to tune with what you had.

The support i had from Rob at PBD was great, each time i added parts he had a new tune ready. The car drives so smooth and power delivery is savage when you want it.

Wish i had just gone with PBD right at the start.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No real update as such for the Mustang. Due to Covid19 all events have been cancelled for the time being so no speed runs yet.
Car is currently sorn.

Decided to tidy up a few bits and paint the calipers and fit the wheels & tyres i will be using for the high speed runs.
I went with Michelin Super sports 305/35/19 for the rears to give the right tyre height of 27.4 inch. This should give a rough top speed in 5th of about 207mph at 8k rpm. Front tyres are 275/40/19 Michelin PS4S. Slightly higher profile than i would have liked but needed for the right speed rating and load.

Road wheels and tyres
x7AeYZD.jpg

Top speed tyres/wheels
Iu84g7v.jpg

on the quick jack
ri8Pkgw.jpg

Back on the floor
azZzALl.jpg

Fingers crossed for a run in late May or June

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Did you get a chance to see if the additional hood latches made a noticable difference?

Have you fitted stone guards behind the front wheels?

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get a chance to see if the additional hood latches made a noticable difference?

Have you fitted stone guards behind the front wheels?
Nope. Haven’t driven it for over a month.

yes the stone guards are from a member on here

OP
OP
CraigJ

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, finally good news for the Mustang.

Straightliners are up and running again and i have the car booked for Sunday 5th July for top speed runs at Elvington.

Fingers crossed.

I taxed the car at the start of the month and was able to get in some final data logging for the water/meth and everything is looking good.

QtJOxAS.jpg

lMpkQwD.jpg

5J46saP.jpg

The Michelins feel good and the car hooks very well from 20/30 mph so i feel more confident now with getting the power down in the dry.

During last month i had nothing to do on the Mustang and the sun came out for a while so the Westfield got its neck rung a few times, 8000rpm on carbs.

6WJQSZT.jpg

smN00cz.jpg

mAMWwo9.jpg

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
During last month i had nothing to do on the Mustang and the sun came out for a while so the Westfield got its neck rung a few times, 8000rpm on carbs.
this is the correct way to drive one keep up the good work :)
Sponsored