Sponsored

Awesome supercharged mustang video

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
The car in the vid is quoting flywheel so about 680whp. That’s very realistic. Again go read Geiger's own website.

My car spec is above. Can’t remember timing but had no knock on the power runs.

Also the car in this vid was on 93. It’s a member on here. He did eventually snap his crank but it still made nearly 800whp
786 at the wheels? On 93 octane pump gas. Happy dyno, hero run and maybe octane booster.

The fact remains, the octane limit of pump gas on 11:1 compression in the coyote simply can't support that amount of power. That's automotive engineering fact (I should add that based on the mods he has listed in the video). You can turn the boost up but would have to compensate with timing and the net result being zero. Any body claiming those figures and worse believes in them is absolutely kidding themselves but whatever helps people sleep at night.

Too many people out there claiming false numbers because the dyno said so. A dyno can read whatever you want it to. Those with any understanding of the coyote engine with its compression and boost and timing and their relation and dependancy on Octane will tell you those figures aren't real.

Anyway... Good discussion.
Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
No, it's often misunderstood, but in Europe and the UK the dynos are configured to estimate brake horsepower, so the 780hp is not a wheel figure. Also, dynojet is not popular in Europe, the UK or Australia and tends to read quite high compared to the units we use over here. In Europe we often joke about "American horsepower" because the Dyno plots all look very generous but guys in Europe dynoing 15% less on our brand dynos run the same times.

Hopefully that's a little bit of context. When a European is quoting horsepower it's almost always brake horsepower (so adjusted from wheel horsepower). Don't know why, but that's how it is.
The 15% comes from EHP vs Chassis. Europe would have to read 15% higher based on what you say regarding listing HP at the engine.

Therefore 780hp at the crank would be make it around 660 at the wheels accounting for the 15% which is pretty much the limit of pump gas in the real world.

Good discussion. Every tuner I seem to speak to have the same message but you tubers and people on the forums saying different things... I know who I believe.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@CraigJ

Thanks for the reply, food for thought.

I'm coming round to the "fact" that I "need" a S/C, but I've got the MY19 GT with gen 3 Coyote & I've no idea how far I can take it on the stock lower end, not wanting to go sleaved & forged straight away.
Cheers.
:like:

Last edited:

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Im pretty much at the limit with mine, 815hp at the flywheel and pushing 700 at the wheels, but thats it. Anything more and I would be in a world of hurt with things breaking.

Regular fuel 98 octane, larger injectors, fuel rail, pulley, fuel pump and some other bits.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
The 15% comes from EHP vs Chassis. Europe would have to read 15% higher based on what you say regarding listing HP at the engine.

Therefore 780hp at the crank would be make it around 660 at the wheels accounting for the 15% which is pretty much the limit of pump gas in the real world.

Good discussion. Every tuner I seem to speak to have the same message but you tubers and people on the forums saying different things... I know who I believe.
Sorry I should have clarified. 15% difference is when numbers are converted to be like for like. So, whp vs. whp or bhp vs. bhp.

Sponsored

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Not really no just bits that I have posted.

the spec is quite straightforward.

16 GT Manual
Edelbrock 2300 supercharger kit
Edelbrock cold air intake
GT 350 throttle body
JMS BAP
2.75” pulley
Boundary OPG & CS
Stock exhaust except 18+ Ford active back boxes.

some rear subframe parts from Steeda & BMR to beep the subframe tight.

have a set of 72lb injectors and a revised tune so will be swapping these out when I get back from holiday.

Car dyno’d 632whp & 577lbft on 3” pulley 11psi with stock airbox/throttle body

then it did 638whp & 617lbft on 2.75” pulley 12psi (exhaust open) and Edelbrock CAI and GT350 TB.

swapping back to the 3” for winter as it moved the power up the Rev range a bit more so makes driving in the wet less twitchy bum time.
D78A45C9-8A3E-4DCE-81A2-D4AE54A62442.jpeg
Great build bud. Out of interest how did you get the 18+ Active Exhaust to work on your 16?

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW