My Review of Wengerd Performance Tuning

CO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shad
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well got the tune loaded and drove the car. It’s hard to believe I drove this car around for 1.5 years running so bad. The car runs perfect now with the Wengerd tune. Drives like a stock car. Amazing! After countless hours trying to get the drivability issues fixed Wengerd fixed it with the first tune he sent me. Just sent my second log to him.
Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Pretty standard review. He knows his stuff and won’t treat you like an Ahole like the big names will.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don’t know if this frowned upon or if I’ll be shunned from the group forever, buuuuttttt…

does he do ghost cam tunes? How does that work with the RTD device? Guess you have to swap tunes back and fourth in the app?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t know if this frowned upon or if I’ll be shunned from the group forever, buuuuttttt…

does he do ghost cam tunes? How does that work with the RTD device? Guess you have to swap tunes back and fourth in the app?
I believe he did/does. I know he did at one point. If you’re auto, they are tough to make drivable for more than just sitting at car shows idling to show off. You can ask him. For manual cars it’s not as bad since you can modulate the clutch and RPM where you take off from.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Nope nothing different. Just flash back and drive. When you do the new TDN tune though, long press on the tune and pick full write. That’s for the new tune he sends you. But you should be good to go back to your old tune for now. And normally he will email you same day or next business day. Just holidays man. It’s brutal for everyone.
What is the difference between "Full Write" and just tapping on the file and selecting "Write Vehicle" ?

Sponsored

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
Well got the tune loaded and drove the car. It’s hard to believe I drove this car around for 1.5 years running so bad. The car runs perfect now with the Wengerd tune. Drives like a stock car. Amazing! After countless hours trying to get the drivability issues fixed Wengerd fixed it with the first tune he sent me. Just sent my second log to him.
similar situation. mine ran well but many characteristics were better just with the first tune..... and I passed emissions with the idle tune after 100 miles which I had thousands of miles on previous tune to never pass and to be told I didn't know what I was talking about all inputs were turned on with previous company, and they definitely were not.

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
That’s normal for the big tuners. Their secretaries will tell you anything to get you to go away.
definitely true. sucks b/c I have a pretty good idea what the issue was with those tunes and why it wouldn't set the monitors but was told I need to put the car back to stock n/a to get it to pass.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
definitely true. sucks b/c I have a pretty good idea what the issue was with those tunes and why it wouldn't set the monitors but was told I need to put the car back to stock n/a to get it to pass.
That shouldn't be necessary. Glad you and Mr. Wengerd got it worked out. You can easily check your monitor readiness on the RTD app.
if not, a decent scan tool for a few hundred dollars like Autel can give you a a ton of information about what's happening. As long as your monitors are set to ready and complete, you should have no issues pissing emissions unless your state requires a sniffer. But i haven't heard of that since OBD1

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
That shouldn't be necessary. Glad you and Mr. Wengerd got it worked out. You can easily check your monitor readiness on the RTD app.
if not, a decent scan tool for a few hundred dollars like Autel can give you a a ton of information about what's happening. As long as your monitors are set to ready and complete, you should have no issues pissing emissions unless your state requires a sniffer. But i haven't heard of that since OBD1
yes I knew it was not necessary but that is the story i was told. I'm not a tuner but I do work on cars for a living. i drove it for the summer with expired plates till I was positive it was a tune issue. then I had it tuned with wengerd.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Does Wengerd or any of you guys have an opinion on tuning along with a Soler TB?

Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 ESS GT A10 & 2023 Explorer ST
Vehicle Showcase
@Wengerd Performance,
I'm looking to buy a car from a member here and he is running the RTD with one of your tunes. What is the process on getting everything switched over to me upon the purchase? I already have the TDN app for my explorer; do I just get an invite to that network and you transfer my email information and whatnot over to that RTD serial number/account?
Sponsored