2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am enjoying this conversation on tuning since I plan to get one for my 22" soon. I had a Lund tune on my 19' and it worked fine, but this time I think I want to go with Wengerd not because I believe I will get some big power increase, but based on the comments I have heard about the 10R80 shifting. My car is a daily driver and just has minimal performance mods so I know I want get much power with tuning. I hope though, a Wengerd tune can help with the shifting on the 10R80. Maybe a few people who have this tune with a 10R80 could chime in or possibly even Daryl could could go over how he approaches making the trans shift better. So, basically I am looking for maybe a tad more power, better throttle response and better 10R80 performance. PS, normally I wouldn't have added a cold air, but I went with a JLT simply because of how the 22" is all plugged up due to the gov.
Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am enjoying this conversation on tuning since I plan to get one for my 22" soon. I had a Lund tune on my 19' and it worked fine, but this time I think I want to go with Wengerd not because I believe I will get some big power increase, but based on the comments I have heard about the 10R80 shifting. My car is a daily driver and just has minimal performance mods so I know I want get much power with tuning. I hope though, a Wengerd tune can help with the shifting on the 10R80. Maybe a few people who have this tune with a 10R80 could chime in or possibly even Daryl could could go over how he approaches making the trans shift better. So, basically I am looking for maybe a tad more power, better throttle response and better 10R80 performance. PS, normally I wouldn't have added a cold air, but I went with a JLT simply because of how the 22" is all plugged up due to the gov.
Yeah his tune makes the trans much more aggressive in track and drag modes. And even better than stock in normal, but still very smooth and not violent like drag mode. Hes got it all down pat.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I just ordered from Wengerd! I've heard great things and like many others, I'm more interested in 10r80 shift improvements in smoothness and performance depending on the mode rather than peak HP/TQ numbers. I went with 91, E85, Flex and 100octane tune. I'll update more when I receive the RTD3 and begin the process of tuning with Daryl.

I've already had one lemon trans replaced under warranty, and I have 1 year warranty on this factory new replacement. I really believe that stock ford trans tuning isn't doing these 10r80 any favors for longevity and lifespan.

I agree and would love to hear more about what Daryl does in regards to shifting strategy, pressures, TQ management, ETC.

Yeah his tune makes the trans much more aggressive in track and drag modes. And even better than stock in normal, but still very smooth and not violent like drag mode. Hes got it all down pat.
I ideally would love super smooth in normal mode and Drive, sporty in Sport+, and then super aggressive in Track(I've heard track shifts less abruptly for cornering stability). I already really like stock Drag mode but curious how it would change with Daryl's tuning. I'll also update when I get it done and drive around in each mode and tune.

Thank you all who have shared their experiences, and to Daryl for joining in on this thread!

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The last tune I loaded was with an Ngauge, so I am not familiar with this RTD device everyone keeps talking about. So, just by reading a lot of these comments, it looks like a naturally aspirated tune would cost me $700 + tax? That is the tune, the RTD and credits. Now, maybe someone can be kind enough to explain the "credits" part. Maybe Rodpwnz can walk through the steps and explain to us the way tunes are loaed now that the Ngauge is gone..

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The last tune I loaded was with an Ngauge, so I am not familiar with this RTD device everyone keeps talking about. So, just by reading a lot of these comments, it looks like a naturally aspirated tune would cost me $700 + tax? That is the tune, the RTD and credits. Now, maybe someone can be kind enough to explain the "credits" part. Maybe Rodpwnz can walk through the steps and explain to us the way tunes are loaed now that the Ngauge is gone..
Wengerd will add the credits to your device when he’s ready to upload your tune to your TDN account. Go to the App Store of your phone and download the TDN app. He can direct you post sale how to connect to it. He has a YouTube video.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Update: Got my supercharged tune going with Mr. Wengerd right now and the service continues to blow me away. He's faster about doing revisions and such than i even have time to get out there and get him some more logs 💪🏼

so, on top of that, i accidentally made a log a little longer than i wanted trying to find some nice spots to open it up. Well he made some fueling adjustments and the car drives even better throughout normal ranges and we're not even close to done. I'm still on the conservative tune and everything is spot on. IMRCs are fully intact and tuned in with everything, GT350 TB and intake aren't throwing off the car and i just can't express enough as to how shockingly smooth everything is for how violent the power is!!
i really like his approach to this, it's probably taking a bit longer but he's making sure the engine is safe and different fuel stations are providing consistent quality in my area (via knock sensor data) and just overall IMO doing it the right way to make sure it's everything i wanted it to be and more. Can't thank him enough!!

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Wengerd did my 2021 GT A10 and the shifting was great. Wouldn’t hesitate to use him again.

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
I actually decided to email him today about tuning my 22 and just like everyone has stated he definitely does have excellent customer service. I followed him on my 17 build with the twin 61 top mount on3 and his videos were so informative. For these reasons I will be having him dial this car in every step of the way. Also I have a 10r80 and from everyone’s post it sounds like I’m making the right move to use wengerd :rockon:

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I finally bit the bullet and decided to get a Wengerd tune for my 22' GT this past week mainly based on all of the post and videos I have seen touting the improved driveability especially with the 10R80. My car is a daily driver, so it's pretty much stock engine wise with the exception of a JLT to replace that gov restricted intake nonsense. I was more interested in the improved driveability I had heard most everyone rave about. I ordered, received my RTD+, spent 2 days back and forth with Wengerd due to issues with my car being a 22', and finally got it loaded last Tuesday. I for one am very dissatisfied with the results of my $800 spend. If anything the driveability is worse than stock mainly due to the long spark cut on shifts that doesn't seem necessary for stock, but for some reason is needed on a car making maybe a few more horses? Other than the spark cut, I honestly could not even tell if the car had a tune or not. I am not here to bash Wengerd, because I am sure that a tune from any of the others would yield the same results due to all of the 22' model limitations, but that kind of money for worse performance just isn't right. I know I am a grown man and I knew what I was getting into, but think twice before buying into the better drivability claims as I think nobody can improve the mistake that Ford made with the 10R80. I am seriously considering putting it back to stock and just accepting I made an $800 mistake. Sorry for the rant, but I expected a little more for my money than what I received. Maybe this can help the next person who is thinking of going this way.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I finally bit the bullet and decided to get a Wengerd tune for my 22' GT this past week mainly based on all of the post and videos I have seen touting the improved driveability especially with the 10R80. My car is a daily driver, so it's pretty much stock engine wise with the exception of a JLT to replace that gov restricted intake nonsense. I was more interested in the improved driveability I had heard most everyone rave about. I ordered, received my RTD+, spent 2 days back and forth with Wengerd due to issues with my car being a 22', and finally got it loaded last Tuesday. I for one am very dissatisfied with the results of my $800 spend. If anything the driveability is worse than stock mainly due to the long spark cut on shifts that doesn't seem necessary for stock, but for some reason is needed on a car making maybe a few more horses? Other than the spark cut, I honestly could not even tell if the car had a tune or not. I am not here to bash Wengerd, because I am sure that a tune from any of the others would yield the same results due to all of the 22' model limitations, but that kind of money for worse performance just isn't right. I know I am a grown man and I knew what I was getting into, but think twice before buying into the better drivability claims as I think nobody can improve the mistake that Ford made with the 10R80. I am seriously considering putting it back to stock and just accepting I made an $800 mistake. Sorry for the rant, but I expected a little more for my money than what I received. Maybe this can help the next person who is thinking of going this way.
You got something else going on. His trans settings are 10x. Enter than stock. I have no idea what you mean spark cut? My car hits hard and hits every shift like a dct. You might need to do some more logging to see what’s going on. Besides that throttle response should be better. It’s noticeable. And then if you go E85, it’s a whole other world.

Sponsored

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am using the term "spark cut" because as the car shifts it cuts power momentarily then shifts. The sound of the engine changes and you get a brief hesitation which makes driving worse, especially if your trying to pull out on to a busy road. I am not accusing them of anything, it could be something else going on, not sure. I am glad that you said what you did, that gives me hope that maybe their is an issue that can be found and fixed.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
As a grown man have you addressed with Wengerd? Was he not able to resolve your issue to your satisfaction? Personally Wengerd did my stock 21 GT A10 and the shifting was great after his 93 tune.

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No, as a grown man I have not yet. I guess I had no reason to believe this is something amiss with the tune or car since this is just a basic run of the mill canned tune since I am not running a highly modified car. I just wanted to get an idea if this was a problem on my end or had others experienced something similar. I will address this with Wengerd and see if they can find a solution.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
No, as a grown man I have not yet.
You call yourself a man but bash a company before letting them know there is a problem??

I'm glad I'm not in retail.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
No, as a grown man I have not yet. I guess I had no reason to believe this is something amiss with the tune or car since this is just a basic run of the mill canned tune since I am not running a highly modified car. I just wanted to get an idea if this was a problem on my end or had others experienced something similar. I will address this with Wengerd and see if they can find a solution.
Yeah um, 90% of this thread is the support that Wengerd provides. If you're not happy with it, tell him and tell him why. He will make it right one way or another, that's why we like him so much.

the fact that there was an issue, as you stated, Due to your car being a 22 there might be something different in the software. Maybe there's a box that needs to be checked or something weird like that. And if everyone else is ecstatic with the A10 tune and you're not, it's either you, or something is amiss. It could be that mostly everyone else likes aggressive and you like streetable with some aggression, that's ok. Let us know what you find out from the guy who tuned your car. Thanks
Sponsored