Sponsored

My R Journey

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
That's good news that your's is on the way! I am in a very comfortable holding pattern now because I decided to turn the wait into an opportunity to finish my garage- I've done a bunch of work including adding Air Conditioning, finishing up my Racedeck flooring, painting, and full LED fixtures throughout. I've had Gladiator cabinets up for a while also. I have made the wait into a very good thing because now my garage is how I've always wanted it. :) I did not plan on doing any of this but now I feel blessed that I had the time to get it done. So I turned a negative into a positive. :D
Good for you 96 cobra ............. :thumbsup:

What did you install for A/C in your garage ? ......... :cheers:
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Since I was trailering the car home, I asked the dealer to leave the fuel alone. So, today I dropped by the local gas station for 10 gallons of the good stuff.

If you got the juice at the 47&64 Shell, you may not want to go back for awhile. They had a massive diesel spill and the lot has more sand than Oak street beach right now.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Good for you 96 cobra ............. :thumbsup:

What did you install for A/C in your garage ? ......... :cheers:
I did a Mitsubishi Mini-split and I can't believe I didn't do AC sooner! It has made working in my garage in Florida a dream in the heat/humidity. I really knew nothing of Mini-splits until a few weeks ago and they are simple to install and very affordable.

I also insulated and put new seals on the garage door and insulated the attic above my garage with 12" of R-30 insulation (did this through a certificate from my Power company and paid just about nothing to do it).

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
If you got the juice at the 47&64 Shell, you may not want to go back for awhile. They had a massive diesel spill and the lot has more sand than Oak street beach right now.
Good to know.... bad for them, though.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I did a Mitsubishi Mini-split and I can't believe I didn't do AC sooner! It has made working in my garage in Florida a dream in the heat/humidity. I really knew nothing of Mini-splits until a few weeks ago and they are simple to install and very affordable.

I also insulated and put new seals on the garage door and insulated the attic above my garage with 12" of R-30 insulation (did this through a certificate from my Power company and paid just about nothing to do it).
I've been thinking of doing the very same thing. I put in one of those roll around units that dumps the hot air out the window via a hose and it actually cools the garage quite well. The attic over the garage is well insulated and so are the walls. The door is insulated metal and seals pretty good. I have to look into these units.

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
I've been thinking of doing the very same thing. I put in one of those roll around units that dumps the hot air out the window via a hose and it actually cools the garage quite well. The attic over the garage is well insulated and so are the walls. The door is insulated metal and seals pretty good. I have to look into these units.
When I finished my basement a few years back, we installed a two-zone ductless system as opposed to replacing / upgrading the main house system with a higher tonnage.

Works extremely well, was much cheaper than any alternative, and with the two zones, I can heat / cool / dehumidify only the section of the basement I am in.

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R

Hey 96 cobra :cheers:

Being an HVAC Contractor, I can tell you rest assured Mitsubishi, is a top quality

product, you chose a good manufacturer !!!

A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.......... just be sure too keep the

outdoor coil clean , check it once a month along with your air filter ....... :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I finally had a chance to spend the entire day at the hangar doing the detailing on JR265. I finished up the cleaning of the undercarriage and was able to get it off the lift, where it spent the last couple of weeks. Next up was a trip over to the wash area outside the pilot's lounge. We have pretty hard well water here, so I bought an in-line hose filter from a spa place - one that's made for filling hot tubs or RV drinking water tanks. It did an awesome job of clearing out all of the minerals, as I had no water spotting or etching like prior washes on other cars. I also used my new Milwaukee blower - looks like a mini leaf blower and is powered by their M18 batteries. The blower did a great job of getting the water out of all the cracks and crevices, then after a final wipe down I tackled the interior, trunk, and underhood.

Still no wax or silicone products (like tire shine or anything), as the Xpel guy is coming to my shop this Tuesday to do his thing. After that, I can finally install the splitter and get on the road and start putting some break-in miles on her..... still just sitting there with 8.5 miles on the odo.

Even with just clean, bare paint, the color really pops........

20180519_173102_zps2zjcrfgh.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I finally had a chance to spend the entire day at the hangar doing the detailing on JR265. I finished up the cleaning of the undercarriage and was able to get it off the lift, where it spent the last couple of weeks. Next up was a trip over to the wash area outside the pilot's lounge. We have pretty hard well water here, so I bought an in-line hose filter from a spa place - one that's made for filling hot tubs or RV drinking water tanks. It did an awesome job of clearing out all of the minerals, as I had no water spotting or etching like prior washes on other cars. I also used my new Milwaukee blower - looks like a mini leaf blower and is powered by their M18 batteries. The blower did a great job of getting the water out of all the cracks and crevices, then after a final wipe down I tackled the interior, trunk, and underhood.

Still no wax or silicone products (like tire shine or anything), as the Xpel guy is coming to my shop this Tuesday to do his thing. After that, I can finally install the splitter and get on the road and start putting some break-in miles on her..... still just sitting there with 8.5 miles on the odo.

Even with just clean, bare paint, the color really pops........

20180519_173102_zps2zjcrfgh.jpg
Hey, those floor mats are adding extra weight..... and why is there a plastic cover over your radio? :ninja:

I got your text, just a hellish day. I'll catch up with you soon.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Man $6.99 for race gas, Sunoco 260GTX is $10/ gal out here in FL.