Sponsored

Resonator delete/1 muffler?

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
Hey all,
Anyone know of anyone or have you seen a setup to delete the stock resonator and mufflers and put a single muffler in the stock resonator location?
Basically, a muffler with a 3" inlet and twin 2.25" outlets. Then you can run the tailpipes all the way out the back as normal.
Thinking of this kind of setup with a magnaflow 14" muffler.

Thanks!
Aris
Sponsored

OP
OP

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is that the setup I described? What details?
Muffler? size? etc..

Thanks again,
Aris

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So is that the setup I described? What details?
Muffler? size? etc..

Thanks again,
Aris

The link below the videos should answer your questions. That is his build thread for the exhaust. He did exactly what you described.

OP
OP

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, I missed the link initially. Good deal. Appreciate that!
Thinking of going that route and skipping the downpipe. Just want a little different sound.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ahh, I missed the link initially. Good deal. Appreciate that!
Thinking of going that route and skipping the downpipe. Just want a little different sound.
Not a problem! I read your thread and instantly remembered Eric's exhaust. Personally I think that setup sounds about as good as some of the $1100 catback's and you still get most of the performance benefits for less then $400.

OP
OP

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a problem! I read your thread and instantly remembered Eric's exhaust. Personally I think that setup sounds about as good as some of the $1100 catback's and you still get most of the performance benefits for less then $400.
I was at Mustang Week this past weekend and was talking to the Magnaflow rep about their cat back and about the pricing. Just can't see laying out $1100 for sound. He agreed the system is nice but there's nothing stopping the use of universal mufflers to get the same effect. Makes sense to me. Basically did the same thing with the Magnaflow on my '07 F150.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
straight pipe the resonator part and the mufflers and call it a day. that is my setup, you cant even hear the exhaust when youre light cruising but itll give a nice tone when you floor it.
[ame]

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
I was at Mustang Week this past weekend and was talking to the Magnaflow rep about their cat back and about the pricing. Just can't see laying out $1100 for sound. He agreed the system is nice but there's nothing stopping the use of universal mufflers to get the same effect. Makes sense to me. Basically did the same thing with the Magnaflow on my '07 F150.
The biggest advantage of the cat-back is being able to install it yourself in the driveway without fabricating anything (or having to pay a shop to fabricate). Since our pipes are all mandrel bent, you also get cleaner bends in the pipes than some shops will give. That said, if you're capable of fabricating your own pipe, it's absolutely sensible to use our universal mufflers for a very similar sound.

OP
OP

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest advantage of the cat-back is being able to install it yourself in the driveway without fabricating anything (or having to pay a shop to fabricate). Since our pipes are all mandrel bent, you also get cleaner bends in the pipes than some shops will give. That said, if you're capable of fabricating your own pipe, it's absolutely sensible to use our universal mufflers for a very similar sound.
Oh, I'd love to do this one myself, but not at $1100. I had paid $1200 for my jet hot coated KOOKS setup on my 07 GT and that included full length headers.
I love the magnaflow setup up on my F150!
Sponsored