My First Wrench in Multiples

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Welp got my first wrench, and funny it showed up when I went to the dealership to show my guy the TSB about the tensioner chain, told me he had to wait it to show up under my vin as it was showing nothing in oasis, told me to call him in a week to check again, so I went to the car pressed the button, it roared then shit itself, after 3x of starting it no dice, went back to tell him couldn't believe the odds, off to the dealership tomorrow morning. Here is the list:

2021-04-27 16.06.49.jpg

2021-04-27 16.05.08.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Here's an update: Today I get in to bring it to the Dealership and everything seems to be working, so I drive it half way strill nothing, forgot my phone and drove home still nothing, so I decided to see how the day goes, still working fine, WTF?!?! So cancelled the appt since they aren't going to find it when its not happening.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Here's an update: Today I get in to bring it to the Dealership and everything seems to be working, so I drive it half way strill nothing, forgot my phone and drove home still nothing, so I decided to see how the day goes, still working fine, WTF?!?! So cancelled the appt since they aren't going to find it when its not happening.
These stories almost never seem to end with the problem never repeating itself.

I'd be afraid it would take a permanent dump. I'd at least let them pull data to just make sure.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
They may be able to recover the info from the car and the fact that it showed up on Ford Pass means that there is a record of the event.

I would take it in and have them hook it up to their equipment for a thorough exam.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would not have canceled the appt - they could pull additional info from the PCM to see what possibly caused the fault. Usually multiple faults like that is representative of a possible battery issue, 1 or more module issues, or a loose connection from an engine harness or body harness (aside from a harness that could be damaged internally).

I would definitely bring the car in for a review, by doing so solidifies the cause and Tech notes for diagnosis would be documented (something that will never be picked up or documented by Ford Pass).

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
These stories almost never seem to end with the problem never repeating itself.

I'd be afraid it would take a permanent dump. I'd at least let them pull data to just make sure.
They may be able to recover the info from the car and the fact that it showed up on Ford Pass means that there is a record of the event.

I would take it in and have them hook it up to their equipment for a thorough exam.
Believe it or not I dont have to keep anything, they have all the errors in your account, I was there when he was looking through oasis and in the lower section is all the codes that the car encounters, because in there showed there was signal light feedback errors. So its in my account under the 500 so there is record of it.

I'll let them look at it in May, I am getting a borescope to check for the tensioner which should be next week, plus I have to wait for the wifes car to get back before I can drop off the car, but after driving all day yesterday, I got nothing, so maybe it was a computer error, which with everything thats controlled its not surprising.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would not have canceled the appt - they could pull additional info from the PCM to see what possibly caused the fault. Usually multiple faults like that is representative of a possible battery issue, 1 or more module issues, or a loose connection from an engine harness or body harness (aside from a harness that could be damaged internally).

I would definitely bring the car in for a review, by doing so solidifies the cause and Tech notes for diagnosis would be documented (something that will never be picked up or documented by Ford Pass).
Or from what I know when the computer says more than one (3 or more) thing is wrong (Separate sensors going off) usually also means the computer could be defective.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Update, got the car back turns out the error code P0504 was a result of the brake Switch A/B being bad. The pinouts on the switch B2 & B4 were bad, replaced and good to go for now, even got my E-Brake reprogrammed :) Thought I'd update incase anyone runs into this. I thought about it and asked him could this have gone bad or somthing when the brake bracket was replaced, he said could be as these parts/sensors are sensitive.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Curious what this means?
There was an issue where if you used the E-brake after you turned off the car it would drain the battery, it was posted here I think 3 months ago during the winter. The ABS had to be re-programmed to avoid that happening.
Sponsored