Sponsored

My first problem...

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Well, it happened on Saturday and then again today on my 2020 GT350 (8k miles)

After washing the car on my driveway, the car wouldn't turn over and displayed a golden wrench on the dash and indicated that drive modes were not available... car also in limp mode... Tried a few times turning on/off and reproduced the issue. Lifted the hood, figuring maybe some water got in through the vents and caused some issue.. tried again and it started normally. Now today, car starts fine, drive 80 miles on highway and park in my garage.. after 2hrs, go to leave for an event and the car is struggling to start... had AAA come out and get conflicting info that my battery could be replace or was fine??? Got the car started after a few attempts (full gas tank too) and drives normally once again. Upon leaving car outside for 4 hrs today, I go to restart and have issues again getting it to turn over.. wrench and limp mode on the way home... damnit

Internet says likely faulty throttle body sensor/assembly or a battery (stock) that is acting irregularly. Going to the dealer to look at since it is under factory warranty, but wanted to hit the brain trust if anyone had weird issue like this with their mustang? I've done the battery reset trick and this doesn't always work... Will grab my OBDII scanner to see if I can see any codes nex time, but frustrating.. Never had an issue with the car.. the car is stock. I guess we'll see what happens next and hopefully the issue is addressed by the dealership.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Any idea what the voltage is reading on the battery? I’m bett’n your battery is going. Your in that window 3-4 years where all my newer Ford cars, suv’s, and trucks the battery’s went. I wouldn’t trust it if it is reading low and they tell you it will charge. These cars act funny when the voltage isn’t correct.

OP
OP

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
about 12.4 on the reader and the information on the car display is 14.1. Battery is my first thought.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Thanks, guys.. Went to Autozone this am and they had only the standard durlast battery in-store. Man, these batteries are tiny. Going to install today and hope this fixes it.. if not, it's about time anyways as everyone suggested.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
$191 dollar later and a bms reset.. we're back in business! Thanks, all.
Im going to get a new battery today as well. I took one of the R models out last week, parked it, and it barely turned over when I went to start it. Im sticking with motorcraft only to keep it all original. I will be keeping the old battery for future collectability. I saw an episode of Jay Lennos garage and the guy had a 64.5 mustang with the original battery.

OP
OP

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Well, still having occasional issues with starting my 2020 gt350.. even after new battery. I notice the issue sometimes occurs after I hand wash my car or when the weather is damp/misting/sitting outside, but not always!... suspect there might be a grounding issue/short or a sensor issues, After several attempts, I can eventually get is started, but sometime it ends in limp mode. It threw a check engine light (po339; crankshaft position sensor), which may be the issue... but going into ford to figure out (fortunately under factory warranty). Also occasionally have issues with active exhaust (drive mode not able to be selected). Only 8600 miles, weekend drives only, no mods other than FP air filter, FP passenger side Oil separator. Baby this car until engine reaches 190. Anyone else have similar issues like this?
Sponsored

Last edited: