Sponsored

My Complete Suspension Comparisons to date, Springs, shocks, Coilovers ETC. READ

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
These? That you can clearly see the rears are cut down?

Those are the same ones I have compared to OEM PP versions.

The part # were exact match to OEM PP, and the ones I compared - the fronts looked as they do in the video above, and were the same physically. The rears also looked like the ones in the video above - trimmed stock PP.

Those of you who have stated the opposite, or are saying that I am incorrect, do you have pictures that you could share?

I performed this comparison when they were released, it has been quite some time ago. Maybe they have revised or changed them.
I'm glad to see some more insight into this, as I have been curious myself as to whether the sizes for OEM on the PP were different than the FRPP and if the FRPP are truly softer than stock. My statement about them being shorter and softer than stock PP jounce bumpers is based on a video from CJ Pony Parts.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-jounce-bumper-and-hardware-pack-2015-2016/p/M5570B/

From the description on CJ's page for the FRPP part:

"The Ford Racing jounce bumper kit is designed specifically for a lowered vehicle, and includes new front and rear jounce bumpers. Not only are these going to be a little bit shorter than the factory ones, they're also much softer material, so should you actually hit them it's not going to be as harsh a ride. The installation of the jounce bumper kit will require you to move the shocks and struts, so Ford Racing even provides a tube of thread lock for reinstalling the factory hardware. "
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm glad to see some more insight into this, as I have been curious myself as to whether the sizes for OEM on the PP were different than the FRPP and if the FRPP are truly softer than stock. My statement about them being shorter and softer than stock PP jounce bumpers is based on a video from CJ Pony Parts.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-jounce-bumper-and-hardware-pack-2015-2016/p/M5570B/

From the description on CJ's page for the FRPP part:

"The Ford Racing jounce bumper kit is designed specifically for a lowered vehicle, and includes new front and rear jounce bumpers. Not only are these going to be a little bit shorter than the factory ones, they're also much softer material, so should you actually hit them it's not going to be as harsh a ride. The installation of the jounce bumper kit will require you to move the shocks and struts, so Ford Racing even provides a tube of thread lock for reinstalling the factory hardware. "
Me too. I have the shock strut kit and the jounce bumper kit. Assuming they match. If anyone can confirm, that would be great!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

OK I have the FRPP Track handling kit, as it is not yet fitted to the car I had dissembled the rear shocks to see what the bump stop looks like.

Screenshot from CJ Pony video compared GT PP bump stop to the FRPP jounce kit bump stop:

We can see the FRPP jounce bump stop is shorter from the CJ Video.

But does the FRPP handling kit come with the FRPP shorter jounce stops with the kit.

Couple of images of my rear shocks:

So guys there it is confirmed, the FRPP handling kit ships with the shorter FRPP jounce stops, so no point in buying the FRPP jounce stops if you have the FRPP handling kit as you already got them. :)

So the question is, can anyone answer this should I still shortern the FRPP jounce bump stops any further and if so to what measurement?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Hi there

OK I have the FRPP Track handling kit, as it is not yet fitted to the car I had dissembled the rear shocks to see what the bump stop looks like.

Screenshot from CJ Pony video compared GT PP bump stop to the FRPP jounce kit bump stop:

We can see the FRPP jounce bump stop is shorter from the CJ Video.

But does the FRPP handling kit come with the FRPP shorter jounce stops with the kit.

Couple of images of my rear shocks:

So guys there it is confirmed, the FRPP handling kit ships with the shorter FRPP jounce stops, so no point in buying the FRPP jounce stops if you have the FRPP handling kit as you already got them. :)

So the question is, can anyone answer this should I still shortern the FRPP jounce bump stops any further and if so to what measurement?
Gibbo, thanks for looking into this further. :thumbsup: I will be awaiting this answer along with you.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
So that confirms what I'm trying to get across. The FRPP rear is a trimmed stocker.

As for the fronts, there is either the 3 or 4 tier stop.

I've posted this many times, but here goes again:

(Regardless of what stops you have)
Front: 1.875" total height
Rear: 2.35" total height

This is on average. If dropping more than 1.25" rear, I'd go 2"

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So that confirms what I'm trying to get across. The FRPP rear is a trimmed stocker.

Cheers Kelly.

I shall leave the rear as is then as they are 2.35" out the box in the FRPP kit and I am lowering the rear only by 1" so they should be OK.

I shall dis-mantle the fronts and check those when I am back in work as no spring compressor at home and confirm what they are and ensure they are 1.875" as in the front I am dropping 1.25" :)

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] I did exactly this thanks to your recommendation when I got my performance springs. I had the taller front bump stops on my stock PP strut so I trimmed it to the total recommended height. The rears were the same and trimed off the recommended 5/8". All of this is in your directions found on your website for the springs too. Saved me from spending unnecessary money[emoji106]

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.

I think you're correct on the height of the FRPP vs the trimmed stock part. But, does that answer the question of the composition of the rubber? According to CJ Pony Parts, the FRPP are much softer than stock.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys

Kelly this really confuses me because on your website instructions guidelines it says 1.875 front and rear bump stops. I trimmed my ford perf stops as such and have no issues whatsoever. I really did not want to have the back of the car riding on the stops because in Ny they crash and bounce all day long. Since trimmng the car is much more composed

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
But, does that answer the question of the composition of the rubber?
The FRPP jounce kit (I have the M-18000-F kit) is indeed stiffer than the stock PP ones. I'm making this observation with the stops that came with my car. YMMV so I reckon only real way to know is to compare both side-by-side.

Kelly this really confuses me because on your website instructions guidelines it says 1.875 front and rear bump stops. I trimmed my ford perf stops as such and have no issues whatsoever. I really did not want to have the back of the car riding on the stops because in Ny they crash and bounce all day long. Since trimming the car is much more composed
I too got confused initially and in reading the instructions all over again, the trimming of the stops are only for the front. At least on mine, there is no mention of doing anything to the rear stops. I know that both front & rear stops were pictured so I am assuming front & rear stops are interchangeable :shrug: up front.

Unfortunately, I had cut my FRPP rear stops to 1.875" so I had to re-use the old ones that came with my car. Trimmed it to 2.400" & called it done.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
The FRPP jounce kit (I have the M-18000-F kit) is indeed stiffer than the stock PP ones. I'm making this observation with the stops that came with my car. YMMV so I reckon only real way to know is to compare both side-by-side.

I too got confused initially and in reading the instructions all over again, the trimming of the stops are only for the front. At least on mine, there is no mention of doing anything to the rear stops. I know that both front & rear stops were pictured so I am assuming front & rear stops are interchangeable :shrug: up front.

Unfortunately, I had cut my FRPP rear stops to 1.875" so I had to re-use the old ones that came with my car. Trimmed it to 2.400" & called it done.
On the FRPP shock and strut kit i have on my car the front and rear bumpstops look identical in Style and were exactly the same size in length. The only difference was the material compound is different and the center shaft hole is larger on the fronts. I do not think trimming the rears will cause any adverse affects on anything because the spring rates are quite stiff so i doubt they can bottom the shocks out. For me i rather rely on the spring and shock to work as a team and not have the bumpstops interfere in Their duty. This is all a matter of preference on what you like. There shouldnt be a right or wrong approach to this stuff. Its just experimenting to find what you like

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Here are my FRPP Front Strut Bumpers. They are 2.25", so yes, they will need to be trimmed.
rsz_120160102_173329.jpg

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I'm about to pull the trigger on the FRPP strut kit. Does anyone know how the rears compare to viking warriors?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are my FRPP Front Strut Bumpers. They are 2.25", so yes, they will need to be trimmed.

Nice take a picture after you have trimmed them please. :)

Are you leaving the rears as they are then, think I will considering they are already at 2.35" in the rear and if anything the rear dives far less than the front as the front will dive more due to engine weight and braking forces.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I will more than likely leave the rears the same. I am running the Performance spring on the front and the Drag spring in the rear.

Unfortunately, I won't be installing anytime soon as it is officially winter here in Massachusetts. I will be installing these along with new wheels/tires in late March/Early April. So you may get to it before I do. :thumbsup:
Sponsored