Sponsored

My Complete Suspension Comparisons to date, Springs, shocks, Coilovers ETC. READ

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Since many members are on the fence with what lowering springs to get and pros and cons I wanted to make this thread from my experience using both of Eibachs offerings, the Sportline and Pro Kit.

I originally based my first decision on photos on the boards of the S550 with new wheels and the Pro kit just didn’t look like what I was after. I will say firsthand DO NOT BASE your choice off photos because I was clearly wrong. Every car and wheel and tire fitment will visually look different on these cars. Also lots of guys are posting photos right after the install with no time to settle the suspensions or after full settling over time, which also can be misleading if your main goal is stance.

My main reason for the spring install was to help with the bouncy nature of the rear IRS and to clean up the fender gap. I also wanted a much firmer car and since no shocks were available I picked the stiffer and lower spring first.

Lets be honest Springs are not an all out high performance upgrade on this car, yes they help handling some but if you think it will make a drastic handling upgrade you may be disappointed. The cars with both springs I think ride more compliant than the stock PP springs under some conditions.

So I had the Sportlines installed and my car was very LOW, actually it lowered about 2 inches all around maybe even more. I think my car settled very quickly because of the bumpy NYC roads I drive on but as time went on I really realized how bad of a choice these were for my car and my driving. My tires front and rear were buried under the fender well and not even a penny would fit as there was Zero gap.

The issue with lowering these cars too much, I mean over 1 inch is the geometry is all screwed up and it cannot easily be dialed back in since there is limited aftermarket support regarding this. So my car had about -2.4 rear camber and -2.2 up front. It handled horrible, it launched unpredictable and just didn’t feel right. I thought it was the lack of new performance shocks but it really was the geometry issue from being so low. I tried aligning the car a few times with various changes and nothing really helped. All in all the Sportlines are great for someone who wants a super low show stance and cruises around on nice roads who does not aggressively drive on twisties. So if your in Florida or So Cal these might be your best choice, if you have poorly paved roads your really in for a treat then. The ride quality of the Sportlines was very good I was actually shocked since there appeared to be almost no suspension travel with the car being so low. Also ground clearance is an issue as my OEM exhaust and Steeda G Brace hit many times in steep driveways. Maybe with proper adj shocks the Sportlines might be excellent but then you still face the geometry limits. If the Geometry can be corrected and sport shocks existed I think this would be a great combination but for now it doesn’t exist.

So I spent time reading up and calling all the vendors out there who all agree that over 1 inch drop severely degrades the S550 handling and behavior so lesson learned and backed up by industry experts.

I guess it all comes down to what you are really after and if you guys have enough experience with very good sports cars to notice these degrading traits of excessive lowering. Youll be surprised how many owners of cars slam them down low and have no clue that their car drives so poorly or they just don’t care and are after the look. Im sure you guys have seen the Massive camber and stretched tire trend which makes me speechless every time I see one of these cars bouncing around NYC

So now on to the Pro kits. Here are some things I noticed between the two spring sets

1. Sportlines seem to be much heavier in weight side by side, the Sportlines also are stiffer and may be made using different type of coil wire. Bumps with the Sportlines were very tight and they seemed to control any shock thrown into the cars chassis quite well. More rebound of the shocks would be magic with these springs. The Sportlines are coiled tighter in the rear only.

2. Pro kits do ride much smoother, actually smoother than the OEM PP springs if you ask me. They feel really neutral as this term best described the Pro Kit for me. Over bad bumps there seems to be less suspension travel as the suspension is soaking up the bumps rather than bumping over them with the Sportlines. The cars geometry is greatly improved as my rear camber is -1.4 now and front -1.1. With the Pro Kit my cars IRS feels perfectly balanced through hard turns and does not feel so uneasy as the Sportline did. Excessive negative camber may be been to blame with the Sportline kit.

3. Both kits come with new front and rear BumpStops and for both kits the Bumpstops are the same part number. According to the spec sheet Eibach created these for up to 10mm of bumpstop compression, believe it or not this is a lot considering how little suspension travel these cars have I think. Some cars are engineered to ride on bumpstops while others are slight touching. I think the S550 does ride on them when being lowered up front but I could be wrong. I still wonder why Eibach upgrades their stops and Steeda does not.

4. Steering, i complained in other threads over bumpsteer and with Sportlines and NYC it sucked. with Pro Kit it is much better, still not perfect but much better. i think this car just has bumpsteer in its configuration and it may or may not be able to be corrected fully. It is the only thing i truly dislike about this car overall.

Also the Pro kit launches perfectly straight and I am happy with this. With the Sportlines it was very skidish off the line hard and just didn’t feel right at all. Also may be from the excessive rear camber.

On the highway at very high speeds the Pro kit feels smooth as glass.
On the highway at anything about 80mph with the Sportlines I did feel minor rear vibration coming through my car, very minor but still there. I think the excessive negative pitch of the axles could have caused this or the excessive drop affected my pinion angle? Not sure but it didn’t bother me because I rarely get to drive over 80 anyways.

As for overall feel, the Pro kits feel neutral the stance is PERFECT imho I would not want anything more. The handling is decent and this car may actually handle better with linear rate springs over progressive but once BMR releases there springs I guess we can all see feedback to compare. I can feel the backend changes during the compression a lot with these Pro kit springs but when pushing harder it feels a bit weird and not confident inspiring., might be the shocks are at their limits really. Overall if you after practicality go Pro kit or Steeda, if you want a show car cruiser and drive on flat Florida style roads go Sportline. I would love to try some BMR springs if they would be willing to send me a set to try out. I still want a true shock and spring combo as I think investing 4k on coilovers is a bad idea for a daily street driver.

I hope this info can be subjectively used by other members in making the right choice and by the polls it seems a majority out there have made the right choice so far. I plan to do another alignment soon once other parts arrive for the rear IRS, toe and vertical links.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Finally have some more good feedback to add to anyone who is interested.

I also installed the Steeda Vertical Links and Toe links. I did use the Eccentric lock outs on the toe arms and had the alignment done twice and it is now to my liking. the wheel hop is finally gone.

the OEM rear components are stamped steel and quite flimsy if you put then in a vise youll see.

Regarding the Eibach Pro kit i can clearly sum up my feedback as saying the car feels like a real GT now, no pun intended. with the Sportline the car does feel much more like a true sports car or heavily modified street car. I honestly miss this feeling the sportlines had given me. I think the only proper way to capture this the right way is with coilovers or proper adj sport shocks to mate up with lowering springs.

as for geometry my alignment specs with the Eibach Pro Kit is

Front, Camber -1.4 left, -1.7 right it seems all cars have a variance on the right side for some reason
my rear camber is now -1.2 both sides where as with the Sportlines it was -2.4

the car feels overall more comfortable now, launches better and harder and is nice to drive. I do still want to kick the sportiness up a few notches once the aftermarket plays catch up here. I doubt il wait this long as i am already trying to get my hands on a GT350 of the 100 batch they are releasing soon.

So depending on what your after i will sum it up on these two spring sets.

Eibach Pro Kit:
Great stance, great ride, alignment is possible back to factory specs, more comfortable than PP Springs, more of a touring car feel than a sports car.

Eibach Sportline. Great stance for show vehicles of course, great firm and stiff ride but compliant thanks for the cars stiff unibody structure. Very sports car like feel. Wish shocks on the market were an option as i think i would have kept these springs for their stiffer rates overall. As for geometry, on my car it was to out of spec and i did not like how the IRS reacted because of this.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Nice posts, thanks for the write-up!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for sharing all the information! Glad you are happy with the setup now.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So about your tire hop.. You have the Pro-kit and the steeda vertical links, stock tires and nothing else and your tire hop is pretty much gone? I have read that people have gotten rid of the tire hop problem with drop springs (Pro-Kit) and drag radials. I have the Steeda rear sub frame bushings (hop stopper kit/aluminum inserts to the top and bottom of the existing factory bushings) and nothing else yet. I still have tire hop, its seems not as bad as NOTHING on there at all when I use the staging rev limiter set to 3k, the tires chirp a little and the car goes, with no tire hop, but if the launch happens to be anything more then the 3k the passenger rear is bouncing like crazy. I haven't bought anything else yet in hopes of seeing some real world non vendor/salesman results. I was wanting the Pro-Kit, but then saw the CJ springs and the new springs Steeda released. I don't like the level look of the Pro-kit, I like the rake of the Steeda and CJ springs, I don't think the Steeda's have enough drop, and for $279 for the kit minus 10% off = $251, $229 for the Pro-kit and $199 for the CJ springs I think the Steeda kit is our for me. I was leaning towards the CJ springs because of the price and rake, but after reading about how they are more than likely Sportline fronts and Pro-kit rears and I want to throw the car around corners as well, I think those are out for me as well. SO now I am back to the Pro-kit springs. We have no drag strip so the occasional street would be in order, roads aren't bad here, I don't DD the car, but I am REALLY wanting a tight and very responsive drive, and to be able to feel everything the car does. I might even go drive the car in a road coarse we have here possibly once I mod it enough. I plan on putting lots of other suspension parts on to stiffen the car up as well, but I want to get the shitty tire hop under control before blowing $$ on anything else. On my list of parts to get so far is the Steeda G-trak brace, Steeda rear subframe alignment pins, Steeda rear subframe support braces (IF they really serve a purpose), drop springs and maybe the Steeda Vertical Links and Toe links now based on what you posted but DAMN those are pricy. After reading your post I still think that the Pro-kit is the best way to go, I wont care for the lack of rake so much, but I can live with that if I will be able to throw it through corners.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
EDIT - I misread what you type...:doh::doh:

^^^You do know that Steeda has their Progressive springs out that have more drop in the front vs. rear, right?

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-progressive-2015-gt-v6-coupe-555-8210/

This is a response from David on these as well:

Happy to provide additional background info.

Steeda’s progressive lowering springs for the S550 use a dual-rate spring with two linear rates connected by a rate transition range. What does this mean to our customers? In short, it means the springs are more predictable and easier to tune.

Our progressive springs were designed and tuned for a setup consisting of one to two people at 200 lbs each with a full tank of gas in the car. From our experience, a linear spring doesn’t provide as much roll control as a progressive spring. Think of our progressives as a high-tech dual-rate spring.

Spring rates - our progressive springs are 10% stiffer than the PP springs at curb and provide a 40% increase in roll stiffness over the PP springs when you lean into it and the spring compresses.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

^^^You do know that Steeda has their Progressive springs out that have more drop in the front vs. rear, right?

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-progressive-2015-gt-v6-coupe-555-8210/

Steeda’s progressive lowering springs for the S550 use a dual-rate spring with two linear rates connected by a rate transition range. What does this mean to our customers? In short, it means the springs are more predictable and easier to tune.

Our progressive springs were designed and tuned for a setup consisting of one to two people at 200 lbs each with a full tank of gas in the car. From our experience, a linear spring doesn’t provide as much roll control as a progressive spring. Think of our progressives as a high-tech dual-rate spring.

Spring rates - our progressive springs are 10% stiffer than the PP springs at curb and provide a 40% increase in roll stiffness over the PP springs when you lean into it and the spring compresses.

Yes I do and I was waiting for them, but I don't like the price so much.. I guess after a 10% discount they would only be about $30 more then the pro-kit springs.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I wouldnt mind testing some of these new Steeda Springs if they sent me a set to try along with BMR> il be honest i dont think the gains will be worth the labor cost and time to swap out as i think the biggest gain would be adj shocks on all 4 corners.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
So about your tire hop.. You have the Pro-kit and the steeda vertical links, stock tires and nothing else and your tire hop is pretty much gone? I have read that people have gotten rid of the tire hop problem with drop springs (Pro-Kit) and drag radials. I have the Steeda rear sub frame bushings (hop stopper kit/aluminum inserts to the top and bottom of the existing factory bushings) and nothing else yet. I still have tire hop, its seems not as bad as NOTHING on there at all when I use the staging rev limiter set to 3k, the tires chirp a little and the car goes, with no tire hop, but if the launch happens to be anything more then the 3k the passenger rear is bouncing like crazy. I haven't bought anything else yet in hopes of seeing some real world non vendor/salesman results. I was wanting the Pro-Kit, but then saw the CJ springs and the new springs Steeda released. I don't like the level look of the Pro-kit, I like the rake of the Steeda and CJ springs, I don't think the Steeda's have enough drop, and for $279 for the kit minus 10% off = $251, $229 for the Pro-kit and $199 for the CJ springs I think the Steeda kit is our for me. I was leaning towards the CJ springs because of the price and rake, but after reading about how they are more than likely Sportline fronts and Pro-kit rears and I want to throw the car around corners as well, I think those are out for me as well. SO now I am back to the Pro-kit springs. We have no drag strip so the occasional street would be in order, roads aren't bad here, I don't DD the car, but I am REALLY wanting a tight and very responsive drive, and to be able to feel everything the car does. I might even go drive the car in a road coarse we have here possibly once I mod it enough. I plan on putting lots of other suspension parts on to stiffen the car up as well, but I want to get the shitty tire hop under control before blowing $$ on anything else. On my list of parts to get so far is the Steeda G-trak brace, Steeda rear subframe alignment pins, Steeda rear subframe support braces (IF they really serve a purpose), drop springs and maybe the Steeda Vertical Links and Toe links now based on what you posted but DAMN those are pricy. After reading your post I still think that the Pro-kit is the best way to go, I wont care for the lack of rake so much, but I can live with that if I will be able to throw it through corners.
I don't have stock wheels and tires, im on 295 out back pilot super sports. the vertical link and toe arms along with the IRS support solved the wheel hop issues. the IRS support along did not do much. the IRS alignment pins actually stiffen up the inside barrel of the bushings and i felt a nice difference with those so i highly suggest those as well.

I think the Pro kit is the best choice and unless shocks become available and manufactures tune their springs to the shocks i wouldnt' go much further trying out spring sets because the gains in performance handling will be minimal over one another.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't have stock wheels and tires, im on 295 out back pilot super sports. the vertical link and toe arms along with the IRS support solved the wheel hop issues. the IRS support along did not do much. the IRS alignment pins actually stiffen up the inside barrel of the bushings and i felt a nice difference with those so i highly suggest those as well.

I think the Pro kit is the best choice and unless shocks become available and manufactures tune their springs to the shocks i wouldnt' go much further trying out spring sets because the gains in performance handling will be minimal over one another.

I am buying 19x10" wide knock off PP wheels for the rear and MIGHT be putting 305/35r19 Nitto NT05R's on them so I wont be running stock tires for long. My plan is (if I ever decide on the spring) is to install everything (alignment pins, springs and the vertical and toe arm rods) in a weekend and then just take the car to get it all realigned in a week or two after everything has settled. thanks for all the info btw :cheers:

Sponsored

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey quick question guys, I know the fitment guide on the link [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] provided said GT V6 but does that mean they are incompatible completely with the EB? I'm aware the are some differences between the models but I know they also share ALOT of similarities. Also I don't see where Steeda is offering a EB only Progressive Spring Kit. I am very much interested in these because I like what I'm hearing around about them and that they even out the stance a bit better than most while providing the rigidness for aggressive driving yet comfort for DD. Any help would be appreciated otherwise I guess I am stuck with the Pro-Kit

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
More testing

Well i decided to update this original thread after i have tested along with 3 friends quite a few more options for us all.

After the Eibach comparison we tried the Steeda Progressive rate springs and they felt almost identical to the Eibach Sportlines, not a bad thing but i honestly will reiterate many times how i think the car really needs linear rated springs.

We also tested some H&R Super Sports and by saying they SUCK is an understatement. We ripped them out the same day installed and my friend tossed them and didn't even bother trying to sell.

We bought several other kits including a BMR Performance spring kit, granted it does drop the car maybe 1 inch the car felt 100% stock and to be honest for the labor and time this to me isn't much of a performance upgrade and more of a slight aesthetic upgrade. It is nice that BMR took the time to make this kit because there will be many owners who like how the PP cars handle and just want a slight drop without disrupting this. for those guys the BMR springs are your ticket then and i highly recommend these and the linear rates are spot on all around.

Now to the coilover kits, We purchased the Roush Single Adj, KW V1 and KW V3 and a Ridetech HQ and ST

I will start with the Roush kit, it feels really good out of the box and the preset drop is fine for me but one thing i dislike about the kit is this.

the shock bodies are gold cad plated and not INOX Stainless. KW is the manufacture of the Roush units. For the money if anyone is considering the Roush units save yourself a load of cash and buy the ST Coilovers from KW. they are identical in regards to valving and spring rates. Dont overpay for the Roush name. We tested them back to back on two PP cars to verify. If your using the ST kit go to the Roush website and preset your heights according to what they suggest to keep things balanced. it seems those ride heights work best and anything lower preloads the springs too much and then you bounce.

Issue #2 with the Roush kit and all KW kits is the rear height adjustment process. it uses a billet threaded collar and you would assume you can simply pull the rear wheel to adjust but that is not the case. when you try this even with the lower control arm loaded the collar spins on the spring. the Recommended procedure is the remove the spring perch off the car, i dont know about you guys but this is a royal PITA. this is fine if you preset both sides with a dial caliper but if you wanted to do a final tweak when getting an alignment or corner balance these kits will torture you. Something to really consider as these kits are very costly and labor isnt always free and cheap.

In driving comparisons the Roush and ST felt really good as the cars both rode very nice and felt very well balanced. KW does engineer these properly on a test rig in Germany and it shows. the Roush and ST felt even better at higher speeds on the highway but i always felt the spring rates were too soft for my tastes. My friends decided to keep their kits installs for now and will drive more to see if they love them or decide on another option this spring.

The Kwv1 feel almost identical to the above but at higher speeds the car felt a slight bit better maybe 5% coming from the back end. Maybe the rear shock valving is different between this kit and the Roush as they do have different part numbers. Overall if you have a non PP car and install the Roush or KW kits you will be very happy. If you road race the car then these kits are not for you so move on and don't bother. if you drive your car hard on the street, do any drag racing these are excellent choices versus doing sport springs. If you have a PP car these will make your car feel 100% better in every way but if your like me and want more of a european sports car feel you need a kit with stiffer spring rates and adj shocks.

Now i tested the KW v1 for 2 days and i got a damn good feel for them and i just wanted more of a firmer ride, much firmer. I asked KW if i can buy stiffer springs they said no so i bought the V3 kit.

When i base my feedback on ride and feel i have owned over 52 cars in the past 20 years and had many BMW M and Porsche. If you drive a new Porsche Cayman or BMW M3 with the passive and adj suspensions you will get what my ultimate goal is for the Mustang. this can be accomplished with the right kit and proper set up. so the quest continues.

the spring rates from the V1 and V3 are the same according to KW. I would assume the ST and Roush should be as well with one minor changes along the way. the Reason i compare the Roush to the ST is because of the lack of INOX stainless steel. If you drive in the winter months road salt will ruin the non stainless bodies and when you adjust you will almost def get spring collar binding. I would avoid both of those kits for those reasons for anyone living in the snow belt. if you live someplace else then this concern will not apply to you.

So back to the V3, i installed them as usual and left the compression preset out of the box and only messed with rebound at first because of the rear compression adj procedure.. it took a ton of trial and error to dial these in around here. i mean 30+ times of tweaking. I think the car felt great overall but i think the progressive spring rates really are not for my tastes. if you crank the shocks up to compensate for this the car skips over wavy and rough payment and rides like a garbage truck. its very difficult to get the firm sporty feel on the high speed use and then have the compliant feel around town and local rutted NYC roads.

Now as i mentioned with the Roush and KW V1 and V3 adjusting the rear height is a total PITA. but it gets ever more aggravating to adjust rear shocks on the V3 and Roush version of the double adjustables. Adjusting the front struts is easy you can crawl under the car and pop the hood. Out back is a different story. there is a slot on the very bottom of the shock body which rest deep in the lower control arm. you must remove the wheel and stick this tiny tool which looks like a bent paper clip in there and turn it. total nightmare because you cant feel the click and you need to use a mirror and flashlight and keep track of every turn you make. Just for this reason i hated this kit and refuse to ever reinstall it. It will be posted for sale soon if one of my friends doesnt buy it off me. It just isnt for my tastes. I took the wheels off so many times that i hurt my wrist on both hands over and over and over. screw this. Also KW sent the kit without the larger spanner wrench and no allen key for the spring perches which luckily i have spanners and tools to have made the install possible. the allen keys are 2mm and 2.5mm, you cant get these locally unless you go to a good Hobby Shop. thank goodness for my RC days as i have all my micro tools.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I enjoyed reading through this. I like your willingness and pursuit of perfection (based on your wants and needs)

Good stuff!

i honestly will reiterate many times how i think the car really needs linear rated springs.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup :thumbsup:

We bought several other kits including a BMR Performance spring kit, granted it does drop the car maybe 1 inch the car felt 100% stock and to be honest for the labor and time this to me isn't much of a performance upgrade and more of a slight aesthetic upgrade. It is nice that BMR took the time to make this kit because there will be many owners who like how the PP cars handle and just want a slight drop without disrupting this. for those guys the BMR springs are your ticket then and i highly recommend these and the linear rates are spot on all around.
That is exactly why we offer it. Those people you mention, are "the majority" and we cater to them with the SP080.

Of course, we have a legit handling spring pack and a drag pack for those looking for above and beyond the "norm". :cheers:

PS: The Performance Springs actually work VERY VERY VERY good on track with Hoosier Slicks and our F/R Sway Bars. ;)

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Yesterdays testing of Steeda Linear Ultra Lights with Ford Racing Track Shocks

Ok this was the last and final test for now as we approach winter. I may try something else soon as next week but i am damn tired of tearing the car down all these times, setting alignment and driving over and over to report feedback.

Ok so since there is not a sole option for shocks for these cars yet other than the Viking rear shocks i decided to try the Ford Racing Units. I personally would NEVER install some rear VIKING shocks for many reasons, its like a band aid if you cant have a front and rear kit why bother. Also i am not aware of their technology or quality but i read lots of threads with issues and stuff so i stays far away.

I bought the FRP shocks through Summit for 675. I spoke to Ford Racing many times including one engineer who swore up and down these shocks are not the same as the PP shocks. They also confirmed the FRP springs in the Track pack are progressive and made by Eibach. So i put 2 and 2 together and looking at the FRP springs they appear to be identical in their windings to the Eibach Sportlines except Ford must have told them to not make the drop as excessive. Hey i liked the Sportlines last year as they are firm but needed better shocks but it is the progressive loose coils that i just hate their feel on this chassis and i refused to try bother this time around with progressive springs.

So i bought the shocks and decided on the Ultra Light linear. i calculated all the stuff i used so far in regards to spring rates and granted Steeda doesn't publish their rates as BMR does but with basic math you can figure out where they fall.

Install was typical yesterday the rear was a piece of cake to get installed this time around. the Fronts came with new top mounts and isolators.

Now for the feedback. I am not one to brag and recommend stuff but i already recommended this kit to 12 guys on here. I am so satisfied so far. the Linear springs feel awesome the stiffer weight really works best on this chassis. the shocks seem to have less rear compression and 10% more rebound than the PP shocks. overall it works really damn well. the steering is super communicative now and the bump-steer i complained about since new is all about GONE now, this is the only kit i tried with linear heavy rate springs and the only set up where the steering got better and vanished the bump-steer effect around our horrible roads.

the ride quality is superb, super balanced and the cars handling is outstanding right now. the car launches hard but it does not squat like it use to and if you push to hard you go sideways easily so its cold now in NY and i wont push too hard with the temps and Z rated tires. The cars drop is PERFECT it lowered about 1.2 front and 1.3 rear. I drive mostly in comfort steer mode and with all other kits my bump-steer was bad around NYC. now the steering feels neutral and balanced and firm.

the car with the Linear Springs and FRP shocks feels like a really good OEM sport suspension done right. the OEM PP suspension was decent but this new set up blows it away. What i mean by a good OEM Performance suspension i mean a BMW, AMG etc. drive some of those cars as a baseline. i think the cars suspension now closely resembles the ATSV in Track mode in alot of ways and that car is outstanding and has MAG ride shocks. I bet if i threw on some 18 wheels and tires the Mustang will be neck and neck in feel and ride quality, the 20 inch wheels on my car do hamper the cars suspension dynamics due to weight and anyone knows that and i am dying to sell them.

Very happy so far and il report more soon. I got 75 miles on this set up so far. you hear more thump over bumps because the suspension is much more controlled. No creaks or noises as the high spring rates are keeping things in check on the crap NYC roads.

overall i high suggest this kit and if anyone needs further info PM me. If you have money to burn go ahead and do your own testing and play around with the coilovers. I think this current set up will satisfy 95% of you guys unless your a track junkie then you need some really complex hardware to play with.

my current alignment specs are -1.3 camber front -1.6 rear. Caster +7.6 and toe in .02 the car feels incredible. My tires are Pilot super Sports.

I am not installing the KW V3 back in the car for now. I will test the Ridtechs on my friends car once he stops over for the install and the AFE stuff seems to be on my radar as well. I like the AFE design the best so far.
Sponsored

Last edited: