Sponsored

My Complete Suspension Comparisons to date, Springs, shocks, Coilovers ETC. READ

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Keep this thread going, I changed to SVE progressive springs over 5,000 miles ago.Still on OEM shocks & struts, trying to determine "Life of oem" before I go with "Track" shocks. Thanks for the information this thread supplies guys.
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I've come to the same concern after putting >$15k into handling upgrades, with rear springs at 940lb/in... handling is great - as long as they don't bottom out - which they do too often to make it anywhere near confidence inspiring during a fast corner. I can't even imagine the guys riding on Eibach lowering springs, and thinking it handles well, or is capable of being pushed on corners....

On my 3rd Mustang, and the next one will either be a GT350/500, or aftermarket coil-overs (if they give the travel I'm looking for), or I'll move to a car that's more purpose built for handling performance.
I had a bottom out issue when I first lowered the car early on. I was lucky that it was just an issue with we not cutting the bumpstops first.