Sponsored

My Complete Suspension Comparisons to date, Springs, shocks, Coilovers ETC. READ

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I know what you mean, but I think most of us first determine if that "random person" has experience and appears to know what they are talking about. You also have to consider their perspective. (For example, in this case, the cars they have driven which they consider to handle properly, and the roads they drive on) For me personally, the OP has laid that out clearly and demonstrated that his opinion should be seriously considered.

I agree with you completely. With all the experience going into this make a big difference. I also have had the pleasure of speaking on the phone with the OP who obviously has a lot of first hand experience. I think if I were closer to him I'd be one of his pals hanging out and building cars together. A stand up guy.
Sponsored

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Anyone here trying sportlines paired with the FRPP dampers? Any other reviews with the steeda linears + FRPP dampers?

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Anyone here trying sportlines paired with the FRPP dampers? Any other reviews with the steeda linears + FRPP dampers?
Just received my Steeda Linear Ultralite springs and FRPP dampers. Waiting for FRPP jounce bumper kit which is on back-order. Decided to use the FRPP jounce bumpers instead of cutting down the stock ones (as recommended by [MENTION=10530]MustangCollector[/MENTION]). Why? Mainly due to the fact that the FRPP jounce bumpers are engineered for lowered springs; they are shorter than stock and softer as well.

I'll report back after I have all parts installed and tested.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I ordered a set of those bump stops...

The parts #s were the same ones as one of the many sets of OEM PP stops I have ordered from our Ford supplier.

The FRPP stops are, from what I have seen in person, simply just PP stops that are only cut in the rear.

It could be possible I received the incorrect parts. But I don't think so. ;)

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Fronts are shorter rear is the same as stock

Sponsored

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.

The parts #s were the same ones as one of the many sets of OEM PP stops I have ordered from our Ford supplier.

The FRPP stops are, from what I have seen in person, simply just PP stops that are only cut in the rear.

The fronts are shorter, the rear ones are the same size as stock. The compound is softer, so the ride should be less bouncy/jiggly than stock.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
These? That you can clearly see the rears are cut down?

[ame]

Those are the same ones I have compared to OEM PP versions.

The part # were exact match to OEM PP, and the ones I compared - the fronts looked as they do in the video above, and were the same physically. The rears also looked like the ones in the video above - trimmed stock PP.

Those of you who have stated the opposite, or are saying that I am incorrect, do you have pictures that you could share?

I performed this comparison when they were released, it has been quite some time ago. Maybe they have revised or changed them.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
To expand upon this, the reason I compared them was because I initially ordered the FRPP to test. I was going to recommend them in our instructions for our springs.

Before installing, I noticed the front appeared to be the same we already had. Then saw the rear, that appeared to just be a trimmed stocker.

After discovering, I called my friends at Latemodel Restoration to see if they could pull a set of FRPP off the shelf and confirm what I had found; confirmed.

So I then called my local Ford supplier and ordered another set of OEM PP stops. They came in, and confirmed what I had thought.

That is when I decided to just have our customers trim them.

Page 2: Shows PP Stops that I show where to trim
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/SP080.pdf

Also, I did test various Eibach Springs out, and those come with a specific and unique set of jounce bumpers. I am not sure if they are a carryover from something else, or completely specific...but the trimmed stock PP, "FRPP" and the Eibachs all perform similarly. ;)

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Factory PP bump stop on the left. I don't have one of the rear because we did not change as it was the same size as what came in the kit. I will be putting the BMR PERFORMANCE springs in my wife's non PP GT this Thursday and will see if there is a difference in those
image.jpeg

Mach01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FYi to anyone who buys these Ford Racing shocks, i forgot to mention in my thread they come with OEM styled and length bump stops. You have to trim them down regardless even though the Ford instructions do not mention but BMR did mention this months back on their spring install and if you have shorter bumpstops that come with an Eibach spring kit you can simply sway them over otherwise trim 1/4 to 3/8 off. the bumpstops act as secondary springs and this car seems to ride very close on these bump stops front and rear when you use lowering springs which exaggerates a spongy bounce feel.
This is interesting. I have the FR shocks / struts. I should have checked, I have the replacements but didn't even open the box for a replacement set thinking the bump stops I saw on there already would be designed for a car w a 1 inch drop, since the dampers are. Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Mach01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Having a difficult time finding a 21 mm strut socket I'm confident will work most talk about being able to put an Allen in. Can someone post a link to the correct strut socket, please?

Thank you very much!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Hi Kelly

I have the FRPP Handling kit, do I still need to do this cutting down of the bump stops?

If so do I just cut all 4 corners down to 1.875" ?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Ok [MENTION=10530]MustangCollector[/MENTION] can you tell me if the FFRP shocks/struts come with bump stops? I have a set [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] suggested getting and have the Ford Racing bump stop kit and if these come with bump stops which set do I use? Oh, I also have the factory PP bump stops from my car.

I'm going to have bump stops falling out my #%@ unless I use all of them at the same time lol.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Factory PP bump stop on the left. I don't have one of the rear because we did not change as it was the same size as what came in the kit. I will be putting the BMR PERFORMANCE springs in my wife's non PP GT this Thursday and will see if there is a difference in those
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to spend some time next week looking further into this.

Sometimes I'm not sure about them (OEMs). Like, how FRPP sells PP toe links for non PP as upgrade, yet every non PP car I've touched had PP toe links from the factory.

Carry on.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Hi Kelly

I have the FRPP Handling kit, do I still need to do this cutting down of the bump stops?

If so do I just cut all 4 corners down to 1.875" ?
Would like clarification on this too.
Sponsored