My beauty is gone...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Anything is better than a BMW that will just end up in the shop costing you a fortune. Anything German for that matter...
Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Anything is better than a BMW that will just end up in the shop costing you a fortune. Anything German for that matter...
Not so sure about this statement. German cars require meticulous maintenance. If that is done, they can last a looooooong time. My N=1 2019 GTI has been extremely reliable. It is not stock and I track it frequently. 72K miles and the only issue has been a cracked plastic oil filter housing. Working on this car is no more difficult than wrenching on my Mustang.

I am shopping for an RS 3 now and reading a lot about them. Apparently the DAZA engine is overbuilt and extremely reliable.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not so sure about this statement. German cars require meticulous maintenance. If that is done, they can last a looooooong time. My N=1 2019 GTI has been extremely reliable. It is not stock and I track it frequently. 72K miles and the only issue has been a cracked plastic oil filter housing. Working on this car is no more difficult than wrenching on my Mustang.

I am shopping for an RS 3 now and reading a lot about them. Apparently the DAZA engine is overbuilt and extremely reliable.
Good luck, lol. I've seen nothing but issues with anything coming from Audi, BMW, or Mercedes from people I know who have owned them which keeps me from ever buying one. Just pray you have an extended warranty. The RS3 has a unique engine and it's a really cool car but still... It will likely end up in the shop at some point for something even with maintenance.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up.totalled my wifes c5 and took out a sideline barrier. Anyear later got a bill fir 1500 bucks from state insurance eventually paid me
But ask your insursnce about covering a bill if you get one
My insurance already paid the state that exact same ammount

Sponsored

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure there is lol. They taught you that in drivers Ed.
Yeah, right... Sometimes... Not my first time spinning-out, on purpose or by accident. A lot of factors figure into outcomes.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I flipped my 2002 GT Convertible in 2006. The car was crushed. When they pulled me out, not a scratch on me. And yes, the wife was pissed. So, I bought a Hemi Charger RT.
That's incredible, assuming you didn't have a roll bar/cage (and not the cosmetic "styling" bar. I always wondered about the strength of the A pillars in these American cars.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear you are okay and not injured. If she says you can't have another V8, there are plenty of other options........I love my Explorer ST. Twin turbo V6 that sounds nasty at WOT with the Thermal R/D exhaust and a downpipe. My turbo 4 pot GTI is as much fun to drive as my Mustang. Audi makes amazing 5 cylinder that exudes a beautiful melody in their RS 3 and TT RS.

What tires were you using?
BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus with about 10K miles on them. 305s in the back don't help in this situation. As to the rest, my wife's really car savvy. I've had numerous really fast cars incl some tuned N54 BMWs ... Her experience with me is the Mustang sound is an instigator. I bought a 2020 Z4 30i and I'm pretty happy with it. Already have some wheels on order...

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a lot of (N54/55) BMWs, and my advise to people who are not "car guys", is to only buy one new and/or used under factory warranty and ditch them when the warranty runs out. That said, I love them for myself and can work on them pretty well so they don't worry me.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Generally, true of all European cars. I've had countless European cars over the years and particularly, Alfas, Fiats, triumphs and all the German brands. The key is maintenance on schedule. The great thing about American cars has been their robustness in the face of less than great maintenance.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Good to know that you came through that adventure ok, my beautiful bride of 41 years doesnā€™t like my driving when Iā€™m in the GT-350.
She doesnā€™t like the car anyway as it was one of those ā€œBetter to Beg for Forgiveness, than Ask for Permissionā€ deals. I share this meme with her and she rolls her eyes, our son laughs and daughters shake their heads.

IMG_4490.jpeg

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
The newer BMWs actually aren't bad reliability wise anymore. Are they more expensive to service than a Ford, especially if done at the BMW dealer? Lol yes, of course. If something breaks is it gonna be more expensive? Yes.. but reliability wise they're actually fine cars.. just avoid the V8. Hope you like the beautiful buzzing whoosh of their turbo i6s. As quick and competent as they are, boring and clinical as the Germans love.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Sorry to hear abt the accident. Car did its job and kept you safe. V8ā€™s are in their twilight years sadly. Itā€™s becoming a turbo/hybrid world. Under similar circumstances, I would get another mustang and get the wife a nice consolation gift. Then again. Not all wives are the same. Good luck with your new ride.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I had a similar accident years ago, with a Honda S2000. I pulled beside a semi in the rain, hit the backwash from its rear tires, spun and hit the side barrier head on. They did not total the car. It was never right after that.

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
YOUR happiness means something too, it's not always about the wife's. Go get you another GT! šŸ˜
Sponsored