Not open for further replies.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Congrat's on the new ride. By the way you picked that up about 1/4 mile from my house.
Hello from the hood!
Sponsored

kd4gij

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 mustang gt vista blue
The regular GT guys are removing the clutch pedal assist spring and rave how much of a feel improvement it gives the pedal. Not sure if the GT350 has the same spring on the clutch pedal, but I would bet it does.

It does have the same spring. Lethal removed it from there car after burning the clutch out. Check out there thread " why not"

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I cruised in both modes. Like I said 70mph in 6th at 2k rpms is quiet, but 4k to 5k rpms in 4th is extremely loud, sport or otherwise.
that makes sense, i would not expect it to be quiet at 5k in any gear and I think the valves open up on their own at some point. Cant wait to play with mine

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Worst review i've read yet - entirely different than what most on here and the Porsche/Ferrari forums are saying. Latest owner on there said the car looks and feels as special as his 991 GT3 "toss up".

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Worst review i've read yet - entirely different than what most on here and the Porsche/Ferrari forums are saying. Latest owner on there said the car looks and feels as special as his 991 GT3 "toss up".
Well, if you expect any car to be perfect, you're going to be disappointed. But the review also did seem arbitrarily and excessively negative at some points to me as well.

Sponsored

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I surely hope so because the GT3 is arguably one of the best sports car all things considered. I will chime in when I take delivery.

OP
OP

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Well, if you expect any car to be perfect, you're going to be disappointed. But the review also did seem arbitrarily and excessively negative at some points to me as well.
Arbitrarily how?

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Just for reference, what car(s) are you coming from and comparing it to; especially interior wise?

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Don't sweat it, Rick R. There are people here who cant abide any criticism of the car no matter how legitimate.

OP
OP

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Like I said in the last paragraph, all things considered, overall I very much like the car. The driving experience is great. I'd buy the car again many times over.

On the other hand, I'm not blind to some aspects which I consider to be defects, sloppy execution, cheapo parts selection and questionable styling. In my view, a car can be fantastic and flawed at the same time.

Sponsored

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Like I said in the last paragraph, all things considered, overall I very much like the car. The driving experience is great. I'd buy the car again many times over.

On the other hand, I'm not blind to some aspects which I consider to be defects, sloppy execution, cheapo parts selection and questionable styling. In my view, a car can be fantastic and flawed at the same time.
I hear ya! It perplexes me that Ford cannot transfer over some of the build philosophy they use in the Flex (Mazda Design) and transfer it over to the Mustang. I was really impressed with a rental Flex I used on my last trip. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior were very, very good.

That said, I understand where Ford put the money for this car.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

You have mixed reviews at best, I am ok with not liking some of the bits and parts of this car, not everyone will, your first write up was exceptionally
negative, which is fine also, but most at that point would not want the car.
The shape/design and even more the sound are a couple of things that has gotten this car rave reviews, yet you don't enjoy the look or sound, the interior.
So all thats left is how it actually drives, this you like. For this kind of money
I think more of your boxes should be checked. If I felt this way, I would be looking for something else. ;)

OP
OP

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have mixed reviews at best, I am ok with not liking some of the bits and parts of this car, not everyone will, your first write up was exceptionally
negative, which is fine also, but most at that point would not want the car.
The shape/design and even more the sound are a couple of things that has gotten this car rave reviews, yet you don't enjoy the look or sound, the interior.
So all thats left is how it actually drives, this you like. For this kind of money
I think more of your boxes should be checked. If I felt this way, I would be looking for something else. ;)

Exceptionally negative seems like a major overstatement. And I didn't say I don't enjoy the shape. I dislike the way the panels fit together, which is a completely different thing. I also said that maybe it's my car that was put together worse than average.

Mixed review I think may be a fair assessment, but I disagree that it's clearly conducive to rejecting the car.

Check boxes should be weighed, not just counted. Clearly, in the sum total, a crazy engine, fantastic brakes etc. count more than the radio, speakers, leather etc.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I don't even have my car yet, but I already know some things about it that I know I'm not going to like. Like Rick, I'm probably not going to be a big fan several of the things he mentioned:

Transmission - I've driven several cars with Tremecs, and in my experience, they are not the best shifting transmissions out there.
Radio - I don't know about the radio on the track pack cars, but I don't really care either. About all I listen to in the car any more is talk radio.
Body panel fit - a well-documented problem
Interior - it is what it is, and what it isn't is Mercedes, BMW, etc. quality
Cabin exhaust noise - I want to hear my car, so volume at higher RPM isn't a problem for me, but if there is even the slightest bit of drone at highway speeds, I won't hesitate to make changes. Did the same thing on my G8 until I got it right.

Other things I already know I'm not going to like:

Vinyl stripes - I'm || this close to changing my order to delete the stripes and paint them myself. If it weren't for the philosophical problem of clear coating a brand new car, I'd probably do it. I WILL do it later on if/when the stripes get scratches, fade, peel, etc.

Wheels - sorry, but I think they leave something to be desired both in weight and appearance. Maybe someone with a GT PP will like them better than I do because they're gonna get sold.

Now, this is the important part, and what I think Rick was saying also...NONE of these "issues" would keep me from buying this car and thinking it was the best car I've ever owned. These are just observations that don't jive with what I'd like to see in an absolute perfect car.

I view this in a manner similar to the way I view my wife...there may be a few things here and there that I don't like about her, but there's nothing about her that would ever make me want someone else. And that's 23 years of experience talkin. :D

OP
OP

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now, this is the important part, and what I think Rick was saying also...NONE of these "issues" would keep me from buying this car and thinking it was the best car I've ever owned. These are just observations that don't jive with what I'd like to see in an absolute perfect car.
Yup, that's exactly it. As for the wheels, wait until you see them on the car. I think they look badass.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.