My 1300 mile review track pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I don't think I am being unrealistic at all. I got exactly what I expected to get with the GT350.

The argument that it would take much money to upgrade the interior materials I just happen to think is an excuse to let American car builders off the hook. I also think it would take no more time or money to put the body panel on correctly than to do it wrong. YMMV.

It just so happens my Volkswagen is an R model and thus for it's category is considered a performance car and has had money spent on the performance upgrades you say it doesn't have. I have had cars from Porsche GT3's to honda civics. I have been in many cars that for less than 40,000 have way better interior quality and exterior build quality than most any American car. If you think a mustang interior is nicer than almost any VW that is your opinion. I happen to disagree.

In short I expect any car I have to be put together correctly! Seems like that is not an issue for some of you. What that has to do with being a performance car is beyond me.
Perhaps you need a lesson in economics. The interior design and materials in the Mustang are best in class when you consider it's price and performance. Your VW R model is a joke when compared with the performance of the Mustang GT.

Does your VW have a 435HP V8? 6 Piston Brembo Brakes? Of course not. And around a road course, the GT PP will hand your VW it's ass on a silver platter. Performance like that doesn't just happen by coincidence; it's engineered. So while Ford paid engineers to spend long days at the track to develop the chassis dynamics, VW installed a higher horsepower engine in the GTI and called it a day. That's a big difference.

It comes back to what I already stated - people want the performance of a $400,000 exotic at the price of an entry level luxury car. It's not economically feasible. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
How about quitting with the attitude? I THINK we're just having a conversation here.

Do you know anyone in the UAW or ever been to a meeting? It's a different mentality and while some REALLY care, plenty could give a flip.

EDit - Would like to add - these people are a machine - a huge assembly line. They are going to know if they miss something and if they don't - it's still a faulty process. It's not like someone forgot to put pickles on your cheeseburger.
Being from Michigan, I happen to know a lot of people who work in the auto industry and are employed by the UAW. And ALL of those people are grateful for their high paying job and care about the quality of product that they produce. No process is perfect; when you mass produce anything there is the chance of a defect occurring. Get over it and stop whining.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Well we're all entitled to our opinions...which is what you're bashing in your first post. It's your opinion that it's nothing to you. This is the thing about the internet - everyone wants to pass their own opinion off as unwavering truth. I always like to use a buddy of mine as an example in cases like this. He cant BELIEVE anyone would spend so much money on a car when his cart gets him around just fine - is he wrong, are we wrong or does he have different expectations from an automobile?
That's an invalid example because it doesn't take the cost of the product into account.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Here you go smart ass..

It was actually the post I responded to when you started following my posts.
I'm not following your posts.

The article you posted is 4 years old. Not only is it currently inaccurate, but it combines output from every German automaker into one statistic and compares it with every U.S. automaker combined into one statistic. That in itself is statistically inaccurate and useless.

The bottom line is that American manufacturers sell more vehicles than German brands, and all at a lower price point. Which is why comparing the two countries' auto production is useless.

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
Perhaps you need a lesson in economics. The interior design and materials in the Mustang are best in class when you consider it's price and performance. Your VW R model is a joke when compared with the performance of the Mustang GT.

Does your VW have a 435HP V8? 6 Piston Brembo Brakes? Of course not. And around a road course, the GT PP will hand your VW it's ass on a silver platter. Performance like that doesn't just happen by coincidence; it's engineered. So while Ford paid engineers to spend long days at the track to develop the chassis dynamics, VW installed a higher horsepower engine in the GTI and called it a day. That's a big difference.

It comes back to what I already stated - people want the performance of a $400,000 exotic at the price of an entry level luxury car. It's not economically feasible. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
I own two mustangs so I know what to expect. No one except you is comparing the performance of a volkswagen to a mustang. Maybe some day these other car companies will figure out how to match Ford when they figure out they too should hire engineers!

Have a good holiday. :)

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
A gti and a mustang isn't even in the same category. The GT would be compared to a BMW M4, Audi S5. GT has no chance. M4 GTS would be a comparison for the GT350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
People are going to complain about someone disappointed in a build quality of a car that is not inline with the base model version? I don't care if I bought a $20k Honda Civic or Hyundai, if there were issues with fitment of body panels or blemishes in paint, I would have the dealer correct it. Normally most people would turn away a car that wasn't 100% but the problem is the wait time involved. In the meantime, I'm sure a dealer would take the car back, not fix the issues, and just turn around and sale it to the next sucker at a higher cost. Now for those of us that did get a car that wasn't perfect, stop complaining and do something about it. I doubt any dealer would turn you away. If anything, make sure it's documented with Ford.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thread has strayed far from the OP's intent. Closing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.