Sponsored

Mustang Migration to Oz

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 8.28.15 am.png
Was checking the w&w website this morning as my car arrived in Baltimore on the 02/01/2017 and have been told mid March delivery so presumed the Figaro. Although my Vin is still showing 'No Records Found' so I decided to put part of my VIN in and see if any other cars have been allocated to the Figaro yet.

However when the results came up I have noticed that cars previously booked on the Salome to Melbourne are now coming up with Figaro in the ship details which doesn't seem right. Can any one explain this?

Just hope my 5 week wait doesn't turn into an 7-8 week wait as my car was built in October 2016 and still don't have it yet.
It is normally about 3 months from build to landing in Australia. Mine was built on the 5th Oct 2016 and I picked it up from the dealer on the 10th January 2017. Contact Ford AU on Facebook. Give them your VIN and tell them your situation. I found them fantastic - they check it out and will get back to you quickly.
Sponsored

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
Unless you ordered a black roof? They sit for another two months at the factory.
This is NOT correct. Mine was transported via train from the factory to Baltimore within 3 days of being made, then it sat at the docks for about a month prior to being shipped.

Robzz65

Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 coupe 2017 GT
It is normally about 3 months from build to landing in Australia. Mine was built on the 5th Oct 2016 and I picked it up from the dealer on the 10th January 2017. Contact Ford AU on Facebook. Give them your VIN and tell them your situation. I found them fantastic - they check it out and will get back to you quickly.
My car was built on the 28th of October and is still sitting in the US and will probably be sitting there for another few weeks after the delay with the ships.

I contacted Ford AU via Facebook multiple times and they were not helpful what so ever, couldn't even provide me with my Vin and finally when I did get hold of my Vin and found out my car had been sitting in the US for 2 months they were the ones who told me that the delay was because of the black painted roof and to contact my dealer if I had any more questions.

Last edited:

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
My car was built on 14th January. Deysha just told me it was loaded in a railcar last week, hasn't arrived at port yet. :shrug:

Looks like logistics is finding it hard to keep up with production. So there is still a bottleneck somewhere.
Based on that, I don't think I will be allocated a ship until 3rd week of Feb I guess. :tsk:
Given there are vehicles still sitting there since mid dec (build dates) dont expect much movement if any until late feb at the earliest.

Nelgy748

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus and FC Holden
Just a thought... could the delay of our cars on the 'Salome' be from the "Trump" affect?

Sponsored

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
:
My car was built on 14th January. Deysha just told me it was loaded in a railcar last week, hasn't arrived at port yet. :shrug:

Looks like logistics is finding it hard to keep up with production. So there is still a bottleneck somewhere.
Based on that, I don't think I will be allocated a ship until 3rd week of Feb I guess. :tsk:
My car was built 18th January and Deysha informed me it is now at Baltimore docks waiting and now unable to provide any further info. Suggested that I contact Ford Australia for shipping info, but from past experience with them they probably do not know. Just a "waiting game now!!!!!"
:shrug::shrug:

Nelgy748

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus and FC Holden
:
My car was built 18th January and Deysha informed me it is now at Baltimore docks waiting and now unable to provide any further info. Suggested that I contact Ford Australia for shipping info, but from past experience with them they probably do not know. Just a "waiting game now!!!!!"
:shrug::shrug:
FYI , my car was built 1st December and Its still waiting at the docs.. has been there for 6-7 weeks now and looks like another 2 atleast

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Ford tell me to expect delivery end of March or early April:):)
Still a waiting game.
Hope you can get more info on yours, phone Customer Relations 03 86133673 quote VIN and try your luck. :):):)

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
So, the original vehicles going to Brisbane and Auckland that were assigned to Salome have now been LOADED ON VESSEL. The numbers match exactly - 32 vehicles bound for Brisbane.

The vehicles original assigned to Salome for Port Kembla, Melbourne and Perth were moved to assigned to Figaro.

No more info at present but I will keep an eye on things.

fordwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon XR6 Turbo with Mustang GT on order
So, the original vehicles going to Brisbane and Auckland that were assigned to Salome have now been LOADED ON VESSEL. The numbers match exactly - 32 vehicles bound for Brisbane.

The vehicles original assigned to Salome for Port Kembla, Melbourne and Perth were moved to assigned to Figaro.

No more info at present but I will keep an eye on things.
Well they are lucky aren't they! Maybe the ship couldn't make up the time it lost and had to dump the rest to stay on schedule.

Sponsored

shawnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Mustang Vert in Ruby Red
I feel for all you guys who have been bumped. Would be interesting to know the reason why?

My wait is nearly over. The Tamerlane just docked into Fremantle this morning.

Newbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB Grabber Blue Manual
Hi, I just got my VIN. Can anyone tell how I can now track the progress please.

Newbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB Grabber Blue Manual
Thanks, I just saw it on the system. Cheers

PPL374

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Due April 2017)
All this talk is is starting to make the dealers delivery day of the 25th of march seem further and further from the truth. Car was built on the 19th of Jan.
Sponsored