Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
To the poll itself, the Mach e wouldn't make any difference to me if I was shopping specifically for a ponycar. It'd be just another CUV that I wouldn't waste any time looking at.

If I was shopping for a car other than a ponycar, the Mach e would not influence me to shop at Ford, where there already isn't anything else I'm interested in.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Its all the brands though... Like no one is making great cars anymore their all trying to sell cars to soccer moms in the Midwest or something...
The Charger, Challenger and Camaro aren't watered down by an SUV. The only other brand I can recall that tried to associate a Sporty car name with an SUV is Mitsubishi.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
because “car oriented” forums are usually enthusiasts. The market for this is someone like my parents. The ones that buy SUV’s and CUV’s that get better fuel mileage then his 18 RAM Limited daily or to replace his commuter car the 19 Optima Hybrid. Replace my moms 18 Santa Fe. That’s who they market to. Neither are on a forum, but both would love a SUV/CUV that could do 250+ miles and could be charged using their solar but in the price of their Optima.
I get the grocery getter crowd......what alludes me is using the Mustang styling cues.
That fact points to car enthusiasts.........those same people do not like this car/suv or what ever it is.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The more I think about it the more perplexing this move is. Who do they think they are going to win over with this naming? Mustang fans are going to hate it, and non-Mustang fans are not going to care. They could probably get away with "Mach-E" without the "Mustang" name associated with it, but the analogy to the 911 is a valid one. Imagine Porsche naming the Taycan the 911-E. Porsche purists would be apoplectic, and the Porsche agnostic wouldn't be impressed (but maybe confused a little). The Mustang Mach-E has absolutely no connection to the actual Mustang. So Ford has created anger and confusion. That's not usually the goal of a roll-out.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm amazed this hasn't got more attention.....the Mach E is the Mustang of my nightmares, the Mach 1 is the Mustang of my dream! I posted it here, but got little more than tumbleweed!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mach-1-for-21my.131673/#post-2716710
Honestly - I really did see your thread yesterday.

The problem for me is that it uses a video link, which tends to be a difficult medium for me to work with other than for pure entertainment. So watching videos other than the occasional track day lap video ends up being of low priority if I get to them at all.

It's much easier for me to read text and learn from that at my own speed than to try to keep pace with somebody else's spoken word . . . that might gloss over points important to me while emphasizing other points that don't matter as much.

Perhaps being 72 has something to do with it.

Norm

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I like the new suv, count me in. I will be buying a grabber blue model, not even kidding.
Perfect winter vehicle.
Someone just called an EV a perfect winter vehicle :cwl::cwl:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Someone just called an EV a perfect winter vehicle :cwl::cwl:
I live in Ohio- mild winter and heated garage. EV would be no different to me than summer. I just won't let mustang be exposed to brine/salt

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Think about it. IF that's the case... this would be the perfect vehicle to offset the EPA emissions regulations that are required to be met, AND would give the beloved V8 a better likelihood of living on in the future.
Yes, Ford needs electric vehicles to keep up with average EPA fleet standards and considering the popularity of these glorified minivans the Mach E is a smart development. But there is absolutely no need, reason or excuse to call it a Mustang.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The more I think about it the more perplexing this move is. Who do they think they are going to win over with this naming? Mustang fans are going to hate it, and non-Mustang fans are not going to care. They could probably get away with "Mach-E" without the "Mustang" name associated with it, but the analogy to the 911 is a valid one. Imagine Porsche naming the Taycan the 911-E. Porsche purists would be apoplectic, and the Porsche agnostic wouldn't be impressed (but maybe confused a little). The Mustang Mach-E has absolutely no connection to the actual Mustang. So Ford has created anger and confusion. That's not usually the goal of a roll-out.

Right^^
Because now you are going to have 70 year old women at Mustang meet & greets... with her grandchildren in the back.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I signed the petition. Using the Mustang name for a crossover SUV is a disgrace. I hope they change it. If not, every Mom who owns this thing will think they own a "Mustang". I can see it now:
Me: "What kind of car do you drive?";
Soccer mom: "A Mustang!".
Me: "Sweet, a car girl! Is it a GT?"
Soccer Mom: "What's a GT? Mine is a Mach-e; it's a sports car, it's a Mustang.".
Me: "It's not a Mustang, it's a crossover."
Sponsored