Mustang jerks when shifting

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Just wondering if it’s normal for my car to jerk pretty hard when shifting in sport mode ? I barley reached 1000 miles and haven’t used sport mode much at all during that time. Any input would be nice.
Sponsored

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Are you letting your tranny come to temp before using sport mode?

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sport mode definitely shifts harder than normal, especially on downshifts.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But if you feel it’s way to jerky than might want to get tranny fluid level checked. 10R80’s are know to come from factory with low oil levels . There are a few threads about it on here in the past. It is designed to shift harder though. That’s the reason for sport mode, more aggressive shifts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
But if you feel it’s way to jerky than might want to get tranny fluid level checked. 10R80’s are know to come from factory with low oil levels . There are a few threads about it on here in the past. It is designed to shift harder though. That’s the reason for sport mode, more aggressive shifts.
I’ll have to check it out. It’s a 2021 GT model

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 GT PP1. My fluid level fortunately was good but many on here didn’t have the same luck. However in sport mode you def will get aggressive shifting

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Just wondering if it’s normal for my car to jerk pretty hard when shifting in sport mode ? I barley reached 1000 miles and haven’t used sport mode much at all during that time. Any input would be nice.
Mine shifts decently hard at like 25% throttle and sometimes super hard on more then 75% throttle so idk. I need to get it checked out soon I let my advisor know so I’ll be back soon and hopefully we find out what happens. Imma ask for a reflash hopefully that fixes it if not then I’ll ask to check the fluids.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
From what has been posting lately, this is normal in sport mode. I stopped using sport mode for normal cruising & am waiting for the weather to get better so I can try sport mode in a more agressive manner before I take it to the dealer to get it checked. My local Ford center is not a place I want to go so Im holding out as long as possible before I let those idiots lay a hand on my car. Feel dumb for have gotten the maintanence package, I'm afraid to even let them change my oil.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm not sure which cars it applies to but I think there is a recent TSB for replacing the valve body on transmissions that are having this issue. It is supposed to shift harder in sport but how much harder seems to be a matter of opinion. If you look towards the end of the 10r80 mega thread you should be able to find it. My car shifts very hard in sport ('19 GT) and I'm planning on taking it to the dealership once roads clear in MN...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
From what has been posting lately, this is normal in sport mode. I stopped using sport mode for normal cruising & am waiting for the weather to get better so I can try sport mode in a more agressive manner before I take it to the dealer to get it checked. My local Ford center is not a place I want to go so Im holding out as long as possible before I let those idiots lay a hand on my car. Feel dumb for have gotten the maintanence package, I'm afraid to even let them change my oil.
you should cancel it. I cancels mine and going to get warranty online instead.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
you should cancel it. I cancels mine and going to get warranty online instead.
I didnt even know I could cancel it. Gonna have to look into that now. How would one cancel it?

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
check your contract it should say it on there. You got to go to the dealership.
Ok will do. HopeI can do it through the phone. Dealer ship almost 4 hrs from my home town. The local one is impossible to deal with. Thank you for your reply.
Sponsored