Sponsored

Mustang is gone...

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Yes your right. I guess I should be clearer about my meaning. 13 was a better convertible than the 15. They increased the rake angle of the windshield too much on the new cars increasing the buffeting to the point it's intolerable.

Hellcat purchase doesn't rule out future Mustang purchases. Just no more convertibles for now. :D
PEACE BROTHER!
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Except me I guess. As I mentioned in an earlier post, windshield rake angle is my primary complaint. Second consideration for me is the Aircraft carrier length front end and the abbreviated rear deck compared to the S197.

Plus, I like a solid rear axle car. I'm an OG and have driven them all my life and I actually like gettin the back end out once and awhile. I pupped out and got the slush box and it's just not as satisfying as my 13 was.

Yes there's a lot about the S550 that's an improvement.
I didnt read through all 3 pages yet but do you really want to be quoted as the only man to like the straight axle!! Lol

Last edited:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
People change cars for whatever reason, I understand that.

But my first choice if finances/conditions permit will always be a Mustang. Nothing else feels right. Challengers, Camaros, etc. are all nice cars, but they never will be "me."

When I sit in a Mustang (whatever it's potential faults) everything is right.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If I could do it again, I'd get the auto and just upgrade the fans, suspension, and put Wilwood brake kit on. The PP is a good value, but not coming in auto sucked nuts. Still got it, and really dislike this stick... but otherwise the car is fine. I'll probably keep this car for a while and get a beater eventually to drive around and then supercharge the phuq out of this thing haha.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
If I could do it again, I'd get the auto and just upgrade the fans, suspension, and put Wilwood brake kit on. The PP is a good value, but not coming in auto sucked nuts. Still got it, and really dislike this stick... but otherwise the car is fine. I'll probably keep this car for a while and get a beater eventually to drive around and then supercharge the phuq out of this thing haha.
10 speed auto coming soon, lots of people excited about that.

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z

But my first choice if finances/conditions permit will always be a Mustang. Nothing else feels right. Challengers, Camaros, etc. are all nice cars, but they never will be "me."

Honestly you could not have said it better lol.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Honestly you could not have said it better lol.
I don't want people to think I'm trashing other cars just for spite.

When I was laid off from work years back and couldn't afford a Stang GT, I had an SRT-4 and then a Cobalt SS/SC. Decent cars, kept me in the performance arena.

But once things settled down, I got back in with an 11 V6 Stang (14.22@99mph bone stock), and then it was back to the Mustang GT. :amen:

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

I couldn't have said it better myself..... After owning a couple of Camaro 2SS's (auto & a 6sp), I can honestly say that I connect to this car much better. From the exterior and interior styling, power and handling.... the GT is an obvious choice for me.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
+1 Agree.

When in the market for a car..for me, it was between the Mustang GT and the Camaro SS.
I was intrigued by the 2016 Camaro SS on paper.
Historically, I've been a Mustang fan...but reading the Camaro SS articles, I thought...."Wow, I'll have an open mind and go test drive one."
After driving the Camaro, I went and drove an S550 Mustang GT.
Afterwords, I thought to myself, "What was I thinking?? The Mustang is (in my opinion) a much better choice. I'm a Mustang guy...There is a special magic or intangible that is unique to the Mustang. One of the reasons it's been in CONTINOUS production for 52 years now.

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I traded in my 15 Mustang for a Challenger Scat Pack. First performance car I've owned that wasn't a Mustang. I enjoy my Scat Pack much more than I did with my 15 Mustang. Next up may be a Hellcat since I'm finding them at invoice all over the place.
What do you specifically enjoy more? curious

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Without getting this bumped to the sticky ADM thread, I'v never owned a Dodge in any way shape or form , but I see them everywhere, getting as bad as the Camaro! Why I got rid of it plus hated the auto trany and I just never fell in love with it. Bar none the funniest car I've ever driven is my GT 350 TrackPack! I also have a supercharged 15 GT/PP sitting in the garage that has 625rwhp and it is still not my first choice of vehicles to drive. I also just feel right in the Mustang! My 350 is not only fun but a head turner and no mistaking it for anything else.

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
The mustang has so much more potential than the scat pack. My buddy has one with all the bolt ons and he couldn't pretend to run with me. I ran 11.40's with a manual and he runs 12.60's. Both in 100 degree track temps on the same day.

I would have probably kept the car if I would have got an auto. The manual just couldn't hold up to what I wanted to do. Started having 3rd gear issues so back to stock and and traded in.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
What do you specifically enjoy more? curious
The low end torque of the 392 Big Block for one. The stock active exhaust on the Scat sounds incredible. More room for my daughter in back. And factory hood struts!!!:D

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The low end torque of the 392 Big Block for one. The stock active exhaust on the Scat sounds incredible. More room for my daughter in back. And factory hood struts!!!:D
According to a three way test conducted in C&D's 12/14 issue, base price for a Scat Pack is $6,565 more than a base GT. (ouch!)
http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...odge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-comparison-test

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car. But for me it's missing one thing:

The name Mustang. :(

But you need more room for the family, I get that. Stay safe and enjoy your ride. :)
Sponsored